Manfrotto carbon fiber and magfiber tripod


Status
Not open for further replies.
#1
Hi, Anyone using Manfrotto carbon fiber and magfiber tripod? Pls share your experience, How is the quality, price, heavy, where to buy? Heard that the magfiber tripod is the new series but I've no idea what is magfiber, is't same as the CF?
 

sORe-EyEz

Senior Member
Jun 28, 2005
1,572
0
0
SGee
#2
i tot Manfrotto tripod Neotec is a betta choice? :dunno:
 

chii

New Member
Nov 30, 2004
802
0
0
SG
chiong.smugmug.com
#4
Hi guys,

Here's wat i have to say abt the 190MF4 after 6 mths of use.

Pros-
- very light (1.6kg), removal of lower portion of centre column shaves approx another
300gms
- small (46cm), sits ontop of my sling bag without much overhang
- Inbuilt leveling bubble
- able to convert the center column to a lateral arm
- Built is robust

Cons.

- slightly short for certain situations.

@ a cost of approx $380 to $400 its alot cheaper than a Gitzo 1~2 series with the same feature set.

Just my 2cents;)
 

sORe-EyEz

Senior Member
Jun 28, 2005
1,572
0
0
SGee
#5
i upgraded my Manfrotto 190 cos 2 Gitzo 2228 (Explorer)
. not tall enough
. lateral position is a hassle 2 convert
 

#6
The Manfrotto 055MF4/3 seems very good in term of quality and design but 2kg weight is still consider abit heavy. My friend just bought a Fiesol 3301 CF tripod, very light just abt 1.5 kg but the quality is not as good as Manfrotto 055MF3/4 and also not sturdy enough. I'll choose to buy either one of the above mentioned models but not make decision yet, would like to hear advice from your guys there but pls don't ask me to upgrade to Gitzo($700++) hoh... bcoz my budget is only abt $400.
 

donchua

Senior Member
Nov 30, 2004
8,167
0
0
Tampines
#7
highspeed said:
The Manfrotto 055MF4/3 seems very good in term of quality and design but 2kg weight is still consider abit heavy. My friend just bought a Fiesol 3301 CF tripod, very light just abt 1.5 kg but the quality is not as good as Manfrotto 055MF3/4 and also not sturdy enough. I'll choose to buy either one of the above mentioned models but not make decision yet, would like to hear advice from your guys there but pls don't ask me to upgrade to Gitzo($700++) hoh... bcoz my budget is only abt $400.
Where did your friend bought the Feisol 3301 & price?
 

donchua

Senior Member
Nov 30, 2004
8,167
0
0
Tampines
#9
highspeed said:
From MS Color buy they not carry this brand anymore.
Then your friend not just bought lah..
Cos MS long time not carry the brand liao..
 

phoakm

Senior Member
Dec 15, 2003
7,385
0
36
42
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
www.flickr.com
#10
Hi, me using Manfrotto 055MF4 though heavy (better than my previous Gitzo). It gives me the flexibility to put my cam in different height. :thumbsup: And cheaper than Gitzo. You can try CP in Pinensular Plaza for the tripod.
 

donchua

Senior Member
Nov 30, 2004
8,167
0
0
Tampines
#11
phoakm said:
Hi, me using Manfrotto 055MF4 though heavy (better than my previous Gitzo). It gives me the flexibility to put my cam in different height. :thumbsup: And cheaper than Gitzo. You can try CP in Pinensular Plaza for the tripod.
Think no stock cos Manfrotto changing agent.
 

szekiat

Senior Member
Jan 19, 2002
2,252
0
0
London
Visit site
#12
Having used the Gitzo 2228, Velbon 640, and now the Manfrotto 055MF3, i can safely say that i like the Manfrotto the best. It is relatively stable even when mounted with a 400mm f2.8 lens as compared to any of the above. It is also lighter than the gitzo. Velbon's seem to be as light as they can get but the legs seem a bit loose all the time. I'd highly recommend any of the Manfrotto tripods to the average photog as it is the best balance of cost and built.
 

#13
Actually, I was thinking to buy Manfrotto 055MF3 but still worry about its weight(2kg). I'm currently using 055CLS(2.3kg)...feel very heavy. Do you think 0.3kg make a lot of difference when you put it on your shoulder during outing? Although 055MF is a good tripod but still consider a bit heavy leh. Any other models that its weight is about 1.7kg How about Benro? Anybody using?
 

donchua

Senior Member
Nov 30, 2004
8,167
0
0
Tampines
#14
highspeed said:
Actually, I was thinking to buy Manfrotto 055MF3 but still worry about its weight(2kg). I'm currently using 055CLS(2.3kg)...feel very heavy. Do you think 0.3kg make a lot of difference when you put it on your shoulder during outing? Although 055MF is a good tripod but still consider a bit heavy leh. Any other models that its weight is about 1.7kg How about Benro? Anybody using?
TCW got the Benro M-227, weight around 1.5KG, like replica of G1527.
Can go and see see, cost around $400.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom