Manfrotto 190PROB

Status
Not open for further replies.

+evenstar

Hi guys
As many of you users know, the Manfrotto 190 PROB's centre column's end does not have a hook that can be used to hook things like a camera bag to weigh the tripod down for stability, unlike Gitzo tripods...

Can anyone recommend a way such that things can be hung on the end of the centre column??

dunno about the 190pro, but the 055 have a clip on the end of it.

if u really need to hang something on a bar, i think u might need to buy a clamp, something like G or F clamp, mayb C, den fix the clamp on the end of the centre column, den place the object hanging on the nut or the screw area. have to consider the strength the clamp can hold & also the clamp need to have rubber grip, to prevent slipping & scratching your beloved centre column. FYI, u buy from hardware shop, some may give u those industrial kind, aka, no rubber grip. there is those plastic kind with rubber grip, but those are not for anything heavy. if need be, may just buy the metal version without rubber grip, den buy those 3M rubber grip and paste or use a gaffer tape to tape the grip area.

There is an eyelet at the base of the center column. Maybe you can get a S-Hook or a carabiner to secure your external weight.

+evenstar said:
Hmmm...any good brands of S-Hook/Carabiner to recommend? Where can I get them?

eh, don't know... maybe you can try camping shops or Beach Rd market where they sell all those army supplies.

+evenstar said:
Hmmm...any good brands of S-Hook/Carabiner to recommend? Where can I get them?

Any sports shop will sell those really cheap aluminium carabiners which are not meant for climbing.... they are strong enough but cost less than $5... but must make sure can hook onto the eyelet and the aluminium is quite thick... in fact u might be able to get it free as freebies at events or exhibitions...

+evenstar said:
Hi guys
As many of you users know, the Manfrotto 190 PROB's centre column's end does not have a hook that can be used to hook things like a camera bag to weigh the tripod down for stability, unlike Gitzo tripods...

Can anyone recommend a way such that things can be hung on the end of the centre column??

this is such a simple thing to overcome...seems like singaporean really lack of creativity... :dunno:

boochap said:
this is such a simple thing to overcome...seems like singaporean really lack of creativity... :dunno:

I think he was trying to find out if there was some custom accessory for the centre column for this particular tripod model.... nothing to do with lack of creativity...

Status
Not open for further replies.