manfrotto 055D @ $139 - Cheap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahsosl1e8

Sep 18, 2005
Saw an ad by CP selling the above. Seems quite a capable tripod. Any users willing to comment?

I personally think that the price cheap. Actually thought of buying that.But the release lever to extend the legs is not quick release.

139 include op/tech tripod strap.

?? u think 055 is 55cm? 190 is 190cm? :confused:

haha... mebbe he/she/it on drugs when typing... :bsmilie:

raincool2005 - before u kill anyone with laughter, fyi - the 055 series tripod is the tallest (at 180cm fully extended) and one of the heaviest (bet 2kg to 2.5kg) in the manfrotto series.... :rolleyes: i used to have one when i was still lugging ard a MF camera....

oh yeah, to answer TS' question, yup. its reasonably cheap. think i got mine close to $200 last yr.

haha... mebbe he/she/it on drugs when typing... :bsmilie:

raincool2005 - before u kill anyone with laughter, fyi - the 055 series tripod is the tallest (at 180cm fully extended) and one of the heaviest (bet 2kg to 2.5kg) in the manfrotto series.... :rolleyes: i used to have one when i was still lugging ard a MF camera....

oh yeah, to answer TS' question, yup. its reasonably cheap. think i got mine close to $200 last yr.

not tallest lah, there is still 一山还有一山高

remember seeing 1 about 3m 1... scary beast...

not tallest lah, there is still 一山还有一山高

remember seeing 1 about 3m 1... scary beast...

mebbe.. but at least among manfrotto's photo tripod, it is. ;p
http://www.manfrotto.com/Jahia/site/manfrotto/cache/offonce/pid/1799

i used to be able to extend fully and shoot over the hedge at kranji war memorial. with a cam ontop of the 488RC2 head, the whole thing is a head over my height... :sweat:

So worth to buy? Manfrotto 055D at 139 bucks.....

also gian to buy. but the weight seems to be a bit heavy to carry around with traveling.

So worth to buy? Manfrotto 055D at 139 bucks.....

also gian to buy. but the weight seems to be a bit heavy to carry around with traveling.

buy if u need, not if its worth... i personally prefer the Pro series. cos i can remove the centre column to use it horizontally, but tats me.

But is the release levers of the 055d convenient?

Does cathay have the black version?

Thanks

wat do u mean by the release levers? u mean the clip whereby u unclip it to extend the legs?
If that is the one u are referring to, its ok la.

the main grip abt manfrotto products is their weight...the 055d at 2kg+ is really no joke.. u can forget abt lugging it overseas and walking arnd the whole day... much less lugging it throughout the disneyland.. it will literally kill you with the weight..

not forgetting 2kg is the tripod weight, and u still got a ball head which is arnd 500grams... total arnd 2.5kg..

only get it if u are using for "stationary purposes", if u get it for travelling, give this tripod a miss..

a quick check at manfrotto's website reveals that this model's release catch is a twist and lock kind of tripod.. imo, not exactly the fastest way to deploy a tripod.

btw, the set at cathay doesnt have any form of head, you probably have to use an existing head that you have or top up for a head.. hmm.
http://www.manfrotto.com/Jahia/site/manfrotto/cache/offonce/pid/2273?livid=68|69&idx=71

wat do u mean by the release levers? u mean the clip whereby u unclip it to extend the legs?

the main grip abt manfrotto products is their weight...the 055d at 2kg+ is really no joke.. u can forget abt lugging it overseas and walking arnd the whole day... much less lugging it throughout the disneyland.. it will literally kill you with the weight..

not forgetting 2kg is the tripod weight, and u still got a ball head which is arnd 500grams... total arnd 2.5kg..

only get it if u are using for "stationary purposes", if u get it for travelling, give this tripod a miss..

You mean it is not possible to carry it around for the whole day?

Ya you are right. I am refering to the clip whereby u unclip to extend the legs

a quick check at manfrotto's website reveals that this model's release catch is a twist and lock kind of tripod.. imo, not exactly the fastest way to deploy a tripod.

btw, the set at cathay doesnt have any form of head, you probably have to use an existing head that you have or top up for a head.. hmm.
http://www.manfrotto.com/Jahia/site/manfrotto/cache/offonce/pid/2273?livid=68|69&idx=71

Which is better, the twist and lock kind or the quick release kind?

Status
Not open for further replies.