Manchester United VI: TREBLE DREAM is ALIVE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a good result. Pity I was too tired to watch. I go check the EPL review

M Carrick and Fletcher have been used sparingly and once they are out on the field, they huat :bsmilie:

Good match!
I know Big Kahuna is going to say we won becos giggs and scholes are not in the starting eleven :bsmilie:

Tested and proven....You see how much penetration Nani brought....it helps to relief Ronaldo nomatter left or right......and I also have to praise Ronaldo for his finishing....one touch one pass....and it's in the net...that clinical :thumbsup::lovegrin::heart:

What a stunning win! Can't ask for more. Excellent result and performance by the team. Fletcher really grab the few chances he was given. :thumbsup:

I watched the match but din login to post. :bsmilie:

Spurs are Carling Cup Champions!

i'm still drooling...:bsmilie::devil:

more pressure to the gooners now....:devil:

i'm still drooling...:bsmilie::devil:

more pressure to the gooners now....:devil:

Haahaahahaha ...esp their draw against a 10 men team!!! now we close the gap to 3 pts! Just hope we dun start wif Giggs n Scholes :bsmilie::devil:

Tested and proven....You see how much penetration Nani brought....it helps to relief Ronaldo nomatter left or right......and I also have to praise Ronaldo for his finishing....one touch one pass....and it's in the net...that clinical :thumbsup::lovegrin::heart:

1 thing for sure is Ronaldo is not goin to shave bald at the end of season! :bsmilie: or is the bet still on?:think:

Haahaahahaha ...esp their draw against a 10 men team!!! now we close the gap to 3 pts! Just hope we dun start wif Giggs n Scholes :bsmilie::devil:
SAF can use anyone of the oldies, ONLY ONE AT A TIME.....please! :devil:

Ronaldo is currently leading the premier league top scorers table with 21 goals, Adebayor 2nd with 19 goals.. and where is our last season top scorer Drogba? only 5 goals this season, same as Louis Saha ;p

Ronaldo is currently leading the premier league top scorers table with 21 goals, Adebayor 2nd with 19 goals.. and where is our last season top scorer Drogba? only 5 goals this season, same as Louis Saha ;p

Haahaha....Mr Drog his heart already not here when his beloved manger left! so dun expect too much from him!:bsmilie: Ronaldo a non striker leading top scorers table :think: wonder what are the strikers doing?:devil:

Boss joy at Ando and Nani

A week that has gleaned two excellent results in the cup competitions for United has also highlighted just how important Sir Alex Ferguson’s summer signings have become to the team.

Carlos Tevez got the winner against Lyon in midweek, with Owen Hargreaves operating a pivotal midfield holding role. But it is the form of Nani and Anderson, both new to England, that have pleased the United boss.

The pair have perhaps played more regularly than they would have expected at the start of the season. But their excellent recent displays make it increasingly difficult to leave them out of the side.

“We’re very pleased with their progress,” Sir Alex says. “The evidence of their development is there to see on the pitch.

“With Anderson, he has exploded onto the scene, whereas Nani is taking his time. But he is gradually getting better and better.

"They’re different players of course, so that makes a difference. But they’re both doing really well.”

:devil:

Rampant Reds delight manager
Sir Alex Ferguson was delighted to see his side’s voracious approach in swatting aside Newcastle United at St James’ Park.

The Reds romped to a 5-1 victory over Kevin Keegan’s side, despite having played two extra matches since the Magpies’ last action, and the United manager watched with great satisfaction as the hosts were run ragged.

“It was a good performance. We could have scored a few goals, we made chances, but the important thing is that they’re looking really fresh,” Sir Alex told Setanta Sports.

“Coming to Newcastle is never easy. The crowd are fantastic, they urge their team on and it’s a volatile place to come. The first job to do is to try and quieten them. It’s not easy, but I think we did that for the most part of the game.”

Sir Alex made four changes to the side which drew with Lyon on Wednesday, rotating his forward six after the exertions of facing the French champions.

“We freshened up the centre of midfield, because that’s an area in which we have a lot of strength,” he said. “We brought Darren Fletcher and Michael Carrick in after Paul Scholes, Owen Hargreaves and Anderson all played on Wednesday, so it gave us a freshness.

“But the match was decided by the ability of our front players, they were all absolutely fantastic. They all did really well. Obviously with Ronaldo and Rooney scoring two goals apiece, they’re going to get all the headlines, but the movement of Tevez and the penetration of Nani contributed to that.”

Following last weekend’s FA Cup romp against Arsenal, a vital away draw against Lyon and Saturday’s thumping of Newcastle, Sir Alex feels his side have responded in the right fashion to the disappointing defeat to Manchester City earlier this month.

“We’re all disappointed with our performance against Manchester City, and since then the players have done their best to atone for that,” he said. “They performed against Arsenal last week, then in midweek against Lyon it was a very good result for us, and today stresses our urgency to try and do better and get up that league.”

What a stunning win! Can't ask for more. Excellent result and performance by the team. Fletcher really grab the few chances he was given. :thumbsup:

I watched the match but din login to post. :bsmilie:

Spurs are Carling Cup Champions!

And the winner is a masterpiece by an ex-:devil: :bsmilie:

Haahaha....Mr Drog his heart already not here when his beloved manger left! so dun expect too much from him!:bsmilie: Ronaldo a non striker leading top scorers table :think: wonder what are the strikers doing?:devil:

On his day, it takes 4 to defend Ronaldo. Reminds me of Thierry Henry - fast, furious, strong, dyamite. :kiss:

Boss joy at Ando and Nani

For their first season, both did very well. Can't ask for more. :thumbsup: Anderson seem to be able to shut Fabergas easily.

Anyone heard of the defender Utd just signed from Liverpool?
Heard he's a promising youth player.

Never heard of him till I read that report. Btw Man Utd din sign from them. Man Utd got him after he rejected Liverpool's short term offer and sign with Man Utd.

Never heard of him till I read that report. Btw Man Utd din sign from them. Man Utd got him after he rejected Liverpool's short term offer and sign with Man Utd.
the young lad realised he's got no future at liverfool......:devil: i think he made a very smart decision, hope he's up to the red devils' standard of play....:devil:

Maybe he does not want to have nightmare facing our strike force!:devil:

Benzema focused on OT result

Lyon striker Karim Benzema says he is ignoring persistent speculation linking him with a move to Champions League last 16 opponents and concentrating on helping his side reach the quarter finals.

The 20-year-old forward has been linked with a summer move to Old Trafford, but with United and Lyon set to resume battle after last week's 1-1 draw, Benzema is staying focused.

"I have a contract with Lyon until 2012," he was quoted as saying. "I signed an extension last June. There will be plenty of time for me to think about other clubs in the future.

"I don't know when I will take a decision, but one thing that is certain is that it will not be at the end of this season. I will still be playing for Lyon next year. I am just 20-years-old, and I have my future in front of me."

It was reported that Lyon have slapped a £45million price tag on their exciting young centre forward.

That may not quell the interest in the player who scored Lyon's goal in the last 16 first leg tie against the Reds. But Benzema insists he won't let it affect him when the French champions visit Manchester next Tuesday.

"I am just concentrating on playing football, and I follow the advice of those close to me," he said. "I haven't discussed anything with the Lyon president, Jean-Michel Aulas. My agent does that for me - my only job is out on the pitch."

Saha's time to shine

Louis Saha could make a decisive impact on United’s chase for trophies on three fronts, according to Reds boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

The French forward, who has started just four league games this season, has recently returned to full fitness following a knee injury.

He came off the bench against Newcastle to complete a 5-1 romp over Kevin Keegan’s men with his fifth goal of the season.

Sir Alex feels Saha’s return to action is ideally timed in the final few months of the season, and sees the former Fulham front man as a key figure, bringing an alternative approach to United’s forward play.

"Louis Saha is a definite, big bonus to us," the Reds boss told MUTV. "He is different from everyone else in the squad. He gives us strength and penetration.

"You've got to understand what the run-in is like," he added. "It's tense. Points will be dropped. You saw last season, we had some real nail-biters.

"We've got players coming back that are helping. That's the important thing. we have got a good, strong squad. Everyone is fit at the moment, and hopefully we can keep them that way."

Status
Not open for further replies.