Manchester United V: English Premier League Defending Champions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:bsmilie:Today is really not Cheski day from the first kick :kiss:

Btw Fergie should retire for good and MU should quickly sign Mourinho and let him do the unfinish business... So many Portugish in the team liao so should be easy for him to settle down :lovegrin:

abramovich... have gotta find a new manager... the current one cmi...

anyway thumbs upz for man utd... :thumbsup:

Abramovich wanna manage himself. :sweatsm: He wanna be the super special rich one!

Another refree kayu match.

Ya man, ref kayu for the whole of last season as well! :bsmilie:

Btw Fergie should retire for good and MU should quickly sign Mourinho and let him do the unfinish business... So many Portugish in the team liao so should be easy for him to settle down :lovegrin:

Mourinho cannot manage in England this season. But I rather stick with Fergie.

Chelsea really lack focus today. They gave away too much possession. And within 3 mins, we already had 2 shots on goal.

i wish fergie live till 200 hahaha..

Ya man, ref kayu for the whole of last season as well! :bsmilie:

Sending off was rather harsh, it was a 50-50 kinda ball. Joe Cole tackle on Winker from behind should have been a red card. Penalty was a blatent dive.

Premiership 7th Round - Sunday, 23th September
True Sports Coverage - English Commentary
HQ Clips - XviD - 900 kbps - 496 x 372

Manchester United v Chelsea

Match Anthem
DOWNLOAD
Ronaldo Receive award before match
DOWNLOAD
Mikel red card incident + Replay
DOWNLOAD
1 - 0 Tevez
DOWNLOAD
2 - 0 Saha (pen)
DOWNLOAD
Celebation after Match
DOWNLOAD

a win is a win.....:devil:

i wonder what moanrinho would have said after the match...:bsmilie::think: i miss that guy :bsmilie:

The whole team look lost!

Not bad idea i m sure SAF dun mind him taking over:bsmilie::devil:

a win is a win.....:devil:

i wonder what moanrinho would have said after the match...:bsmilie::think: i miss that guy :bsmilie:

Hmmm... he will say its ref fault! ......................... Think now he will say none of my biz...:devil:

Angry Fergie blasts Cole for Ron tackle

Sir Alex Ferguson has launched a bitter attack on Joe Cole for the tackle he felt should have seen Chelsea reduced to nine men at Old Trafford this afternoon.

Chelsea were already a goal and a man down when Cole launched himself at Cristiano Ronaldo during the second half of his side's 2-0 defeat to Manchester United.

Getting nowhere near the ball, Cole caught Ronaldo crudely on the ankle but was only booked by referee Mike Dean, a move which triggered a furious reaction from Ferguson, whose mood had not changed after the final whistle.

'Joe Cole should have been sent off,' said the Scot.

'Tackles like that are a danger to players. He went right down the back of his leg and could have done some real damage.

'It is the type of thing Cristiano is facing all the time now but Cole got off with it because the referee was balancing things out after the first sending off.'

Ferguson's attack cut little ice with Chelsea boss Avram Grant, who was hugely critical of Dean's performance.

Chelsea have already launched an appeal against the dismissal of Mikel Jon Obi for what Dean felt was a two-footed tackle on Patrice Evra just after the half-hour mark.

TV replays showed the Nigerian, who left United for Chelsea in an acrimonious £12million deal after refusing to play for the Red Devils, had made contact with only one foot but did have his studs raised.

If that was not bad enough for Grant, who replaced Jose Mourinho as manager earlier this week and was then forced to listen to Chelsea fans sing in their former manager's honour, the Israeli also reckoned Carlos Tevez's opener came well after the allotted two minutes of first-half injury time.

He also felt an already-booked Wayne Rooney should have been sent off for charging into the back of Ashley Cole before his misery was compounded by a debatable penalty converted by Louis Saha after the Frenchman had tumbled theatrically under minimal contact from Tal Ben Haim.

'Sir Alex Ferguson can be more than happy with the referee today,' said Grant.

'The referee tried his best but he made three mistakes; the red card, their first goal and the penalty. I am also surprised Rooney was not shown a second yellow card.

'Maybe I am being naive but I wonder what Sir Alex's reaction would have been if he was in my position.'

Ferguson agreed that the Mikel dismissal and the late penalty were 'harsh'.

However, given his stance on Cole's tackle and a lunge by the England man on Patrice Evra after the defender had charged into the area which went completely unpunished, Ferguson felt the decisions evened themselves out.

'It just shows you in a game of that speed and importance, the referee is going to make wrong decisions,' he said.

'It was very difficult for him but in the main, I thought he handled the game well.'

The win extended United's winning streak to five matches and their run without conceding to almost eight-and-a-half hours.

It was enough to lift them into second spot, above Liverpool and Manchester City, but behind Arsenal, while Chelsea languish in sixth.

And, of equal importance to Ferguson, it also provided Tevez with his first goal since completing a long-winded move from West Ham to United.

Tevez ghosted in at the near post to glance home Ryan Giggs' curling cross, which his manager feels will provide the Argentina striker with a very useful confidence boost.

'Any player who comes to our club with the reputation of being a goalscorer needs a goal,' he said.

'At 23, Carlos is only young, so he has plenty of time to get better.

'But he already has plenty of confidence in himself, he is as brave as a lion, as tough as nails and has some tremendous qualities.

'I am pleased he has got off the mark now. It is bound to help him.'

:devil:

It was a clear RED Card situation. How can the ref just booked him for that bitter tackle. That's letting Joe Cole off too lightly. :thumbsd:

ai yah! Man u just fortunate that Chelsea was bad mood that day!

Sending off was rather harsh, it was a 50-50 kinda ball. Joe Cole tackle on Winker from behind should have been a red card. Penalty was a blatent dive.

Well it made up for that J Cole tackle din it? And J Cole was also the last man to hack Evra down in the penalty box in the 1st half. He got the man first before the ball. Where is the red card and penalty?

Boss lauds "lion" Tevez

Sir Alex Ferguson feels Carlos Tevez – "brave as a lion and tough as nails" – is starting to show some of his best form after the Argentina striker struck the crucial first goal in United’s 2-0 victory over Chelsea on Sunday.

The 23-year-old started up front with Wayne Rooney for the first time and the pair looked dangerous, linking up well.

And during injury time at the end of the first half, Tevez had the intuition to gamble at the front post to reach Giggs’ cross and nod United in front, scoring his first goal for the club.

“I think this will only help him,” said Sir Alex. “I was pleased that he got off the mark because he had a good goalscoring record with West Ham.

“He’s got a lot of good qualities, he’s a very good player," added the boss. "He’s still only a young lad, 23 years of age, and he will get better.

"Carlos has got a cocky confidence in his own ability. He has great awareness, he’s as brave as a lion and tough as nails.”

Reds' injury boost

Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed Mikael Silvestre could play again this season, despite damaging cruciate knee ligaments at Goodison Park on 15 September.

Initial reports claimed the Frenchman would miss the rest of United's 2007/08 campaign but the United boss told Manchester United Radio he expects the 30-year-old to be fit for the title run-in.

"I'm sure Mikael will be back in March," Sir Alex said. "We had him operated on in France last week and it all went well. It was pleasing to see there was no further damage other than the cruciate ligament. That's a big bonus because sometimes there can be cartilage problems that also come along."

Meanwhile, the manager also confirmed Gary Neville will begin full training today.

"Gary will be training with us this week for the first time. He's been working hard on his fitness but he's now fully into the football side of things as well. It's pleasing news because it's been a long time for the lad. We're very, very pleased.

"He's been unlucky and just had one injury on top of another. It's just an accumulation of small injuries that has set him back. Hopefully he's now on the mend and we're looking forward to having him back."

Hopefully he can come back in march crucial period of the season:sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.