Man Utd XVII: 15/16 Pre-Season kopi-talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we sign Otamendi with Romero plus Rojo will have 3 Argentine backline.

Rojo and Otamendi as 2 CB with Schweinsteiger in front of them.

Oh ... and dun mind Sergio Ramos on the right too...

Almost entire back line from Argentina kekeke... but then ...

Its match day! Not so big game ahead! lol...

INJURY UPDATE ON SCHWEINSTEIGER AND DE GEA AHEAD OF BARCELONA MATCH

Louis van Gaal expects David De Gea to return against Barcelona on Saturday, although the Manchester United manager has confirmed Bastian Schweinsteiger will not play through injury.

The German has made two appearances on Tour 2015, presented by Aon, but has sustained a “little injury” in training that will prevent him from facing the La Liga champions at Levi’s Stadium.

De Gea is yet to make an appearance in the United States but the boss believes his Spanish goalkeeper will feature on Saturday, possibly from the beginning in an XI that will play for 60 minutes. Van Gaal also confirmed to MUTV that Antonio Valencia, who like De Gea has missed the opening two matches, is available again after a minor injury.

During his pre-match press conference the United manager revealed the team that starts against Barca could be selected to face Tottenham Hotspur at Old Trafford on the opening day of the Barclay Premier League season on 8 August.

Asked if he will play two different line-ups on Saturday, just like he did in the previous victories against Club America and San Jose Earthquakes, van Gaal admitted: "I cannot do that because, for example, Schweinsteiger cannot play because he had a little injury. So maybe I have Schweinsteiger in my head in the line-up but I cannot do that, but I will play the line-up I think could play against Tottenham.

"We play the first 60 minutes so I have to make a selection already between players, if you play 60 minutes or 30. Our building-up programme was 45 so now you can see which direction I think."

Quizzed on De Gea's fitness and the chances of him starting the Premier League opener against Spurs, the boss told reporters: "When a player is injured, it is the same thing what happens in the season. Then you have to wait and you have seen it because in England it is more usual players are coming in after injuries, but I give them time to recover and build up their fitness."

Angel Di Maria, Marcos Rojo and Javier Hernandez will all join the touring squad on Saturday, having enjoyed an extended break following their involvement in the Copa America and Gold Cup. On Di Maria, van Gaal says it is too soon for him to play against Barca.

"He cannot play in the game because we have to build him up," the boss said. "When you come out of your holidays you cannot play a game immediately so that is out of the question."

Match day preview

Some says we win because Neymar and Messi didn't playing and they were weak but look at match stats:

Match Statistics:

possession: barca 70% Man utd 30%
shots: barca 18 Man utd 10
on target: barca 6 Man utd 6
corners: barca 7 Man utd 3

Freshly out from oven,

BREAKING: We're pleased to announce Argentina goalkeeper Sergio Romero has signed on a three-year deal!

VAN GAAL EXPLAINS CAPTURE OF ROMERO

Louis van Gaal has welcomed Sergio Romero to Manchester United and explained why he has signed the Argentina international, who he previously managed at former club AZ Alkmaar.

Romero penned a three-year contract at the club on Monday morning (UK time) with an option to extend for a further year and the towering goalkeeper has now joined his new team-mates in San Jose, California.

During an exclusive interview with MUTV, van Gaal praised his fifth signing of the summer and spoke about a healthy working relationship that began while both were plying their trades in Holland.

“Sergio Romero is an international goalkeeper from the Argentina team," the manager explained. "He was also a former player of mine. I was trainer-coach, manager of AZ Alkmaar in the Netherlands, I picked him up when he was 19 and he was a great talent. We became champions with him, with a minor club, and in the Netherlands it was a fantastic result of course.

“I know him very well and I think in our situation, if De Gea is going or not going, it is always a threat and we have to take care, make sure that we are prepared and that is why I think it is very good that Sergio Romero is now a Manchester United player.”

Asked what he likes and admires about Romero, van Gaal continued: “He is a goalkeeper and he stops the balls, and that is also his position but he can also build up with his feet and that is, in our profile, very important. But also his stature is very good, he is tall.

“In the Netherlands he dominates the 60 metre area and I don’t know if he can do that in England, because it is a little bit different, but he is physically strong and he has confidence in himself, which is also very good I believe. He did very well in the World Cup against us [Netherlands] because he stopped the decisive penalties [in the semi-final].”

Boss have spoken

Sport saying an agreement is close for Pedro, and that's our striker options covered, brilliant player, play across the front 3...

Sport saying an agreement is close for Pedro, and that's our striker options covered, brilliant player, play across the front 3...

Agree.. not brilliant and classy as the MSN but is effective..
Still remember he scored against us in 2011 CL final

Our starting lineup against PSG

United XI: De Gea, Darmian, Jones, Blind, Shaw, Carrick, Schweinsteiger, Mata, Memphis, Young, Rooney

Wow... Carrick n Schweinsteiger playing together for the first time ... Wonder what will happen ...hehehe

Agree.. not brilliant and classy as the MSN but is effective.. Still remember he scored against us in 2011 CL final

Yup we don't need superstars just one who will place the ball in the net when needed to is good enough!

HT: United 0 PSG 2. The Reds find themselves two goals down, despite plenty of encouraging signs up front.

about time we need awake up call!

Saw the 2 goals conceded entire defence is only ball watching but not watching the PSG players esp Jones can someone just drop him sell him!

46 min - We're back under way, with three half-time subs. De Gea, Schweinsteiger and Young off; Johnstone, Schneiderlin and Pereira on.

65' - Substitutions. Smalling on, Jones off. Valencia on, Shaw off.

81' - Substitutions. Goss on, Carrick off. Lingard on, Mata off.

FT: United 0 PSG 2. tour ends in disappointment for the Reds, beaten by the French champions in Chicago

Our first lost! Time to wake up... better then losing our EPL matches!

FT: United 0 PSG 2. tour ends in disappointment for the Reds, beaten by the French champions in Chicago

Our first lost! Time to wake up... better then losing our EPL matches!

it's a fact Man Utd will struggle for CL qualification again for the new season.

Di Maria has been fined £360,000 for failing to turn up to America for pre season

Status
Not open for further replies.