Man Utd XVI: Quest of the Title - Return to winning way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

melvin

Jun 4, 2005
TPY
:devil::devil:
Glory, glory, Man United,
And the reds go marching on, on, on.
Just like the Busby Babes in Days gone by
We'll keep the Red Flags flying high
You've got to see yourself from far and wide
You've got to hear the masses sing with pride
United! Man United!
We're the boys in Red and we're on our way to Wem-be-ly
Wem-be-ly! Wem-be-ly!
We're the famous Man United and we're going to Wem-be-ly
Wem-be-ly! Wem-be-ly!
We're the famous Man United and we're going to Wem-ber-ly
In Seventy-Seven it was Docherty
Atkinson will make it Eighty-Three
And everyone will know just who we are
They'll be singing 'Que Sera Sera'
United! Man United!
We're the boys in Red and we're on our way to Wem-be-ly
Wem-be-ly! Wem-be-ly!
Wem-be-ly! Wem-be-ly!
Glory Glory Man United
Glory Glory Man United
Glory Glory Man United
As the Reds Go Marching On! On! On!
Glory Glory Man United
Glory Glory Man United
Glory Glory Man United
Glory Glory Man United
Glory Glory Man United
Glory Glory Man United
:devil::devil::devil:

After 6 out of 6 wins in the pre-season friendly ...

We are now into season proper starting with this saturday season opener.

We are glad to have the honour of kicking off the new season.

Starting with our first home game.

UNITED V SWANSEA
16 August, 2014 7:45:00 pm GMT+8

For all you know just when you thought it couldnt be worse..... hahaha. I am optimistic though! Cause if the team makes LVG dulan, he will drop his pants and show them his balls :) The thought of seeing that should be terrifying enough that they all dont ever play badly.

For all you know just when you thought it couldnt be worse..... hahaha. I am optimistic though! Cause if the team makes LVG dulan, he will drop his pants and show them his balls :) The thought of seeing that should be terrifying enough that they all dont ever play badly.

Dun think they dare to play badly lol ... think consequences might be worst then hair-dryer treatment...

Last edited:
Btw OT officially banned iPads already. Too many people holding iPads up to take pictures!

Not sure if anyone has discussed this already. Pardon me please.

Later about 2145hrs will be draw for the second round of the Capital One Cup.

SAF uses this to mould the youngsters. Wonder How or What LVG will do ... My guess maybe for first season he might play to win as we are not involve in any European competitions... :think:

Last edited:
Btw OT officially banned iPads already. Too many people holding iPads up to take pictures!

Not sure if anyone has discussed this already. Pardon me please.

Ya ... think i read somewhere they banned iPads and etc...

United release 2014/15 squad numbers

Manchester United are pleased to announce the club's shirt numbers for the 2014/15 Barclays Premier League season.
Summer signing Luke Shaw will wear the no.3 jersey while fellow new recruit Ander Herrera will wear 21. Adnan Januzaj has also adopted the no.11 shirt that Ryan Giggs famously made his own during his illustrious Reds career.

Anderson has been given the no.28 shirt, Nick Powell has taken no.22 and James Wilson has changed from no.47 to no.49.

Shirt numbers for the 2014/15 season:
1. De Gea; 2. Rafael; 3. Shaw; 4. Jones; 6. Evans; 8. Mata; 10. Rooney; 11. Januzaj; 12. Smalling; 13. Lindegaard; 14. Chicharito; 16. Carrick; 17. Nani; 18. Young; 19. Welbeck; 20. van Persie; 21. Herrera; 22. Powell; 23. Cleverley; 24. Fletcher; 25. Valencia; 26. Kagawa; 28. Anderson; 29. Zaha; 30. Varela; 31. Fellaini; 34. Lawrence; 35. Lingard; 36. Vermijl; 38. M Keane; 39. Thorpe; 40. Amos; 41. James; 42. Blackett; 45. Petrucci; 46. Rothwell; 48. W Keane; 49. Wilson; 50. Johnstone.

Januzaj the New no.11

United face MK Dons in Capital One Cup

Manchester United have been drawn away to MK Dons in the Capital One Cup second round to be played later this month.
With the Reds not involved in European competition this season, United kick-off the League Cup campaign at the second round stage and Louis van Gaal's men are attempting to triumph in the competition last won in 2010.

That was the fourth time United had lifted the trophy having previously won it in 1992, 2006 and 2009.

All ties will be played week commencing 25 August and ManUtd.com will confirm the date and kick-off time for the match at Stadium MK in due course.

Capital One Cup

Title contenders on paper looks like its still Chelsea, MC, Man Utd, gunners (provided they are not a half season team), and pools (last season is their best chance ... )

Fletcher outlines 2014/15 title aim

Manchester United's primary aim for the new season is to bring the Barclays Premier League title back to Old Trafford, vice-captain Darren Fletcher has told United Review.
The Reds finished seventh in 2013/14 and are tipped as outsiders for the championship crown this time around, despite new manager Louis van Gaal guiding the club through a hugely successful pre-season tour that yielded six consecutive victories against top-class opponents.

In an exclusive interview with United Review, the official matchday programme, Fletcher was single-minded about his expectations for the campaign and dismissed any notion of amended expectations at Old Trafford.

"We're out to win the league," he says. "You start every season at Manchester United with the aim of winning the league. I don't think this club should ever fall into the trap of being satisfied with finishing in the top four. That's not the Manchester United I know.

"You play football to win trophies especially at this club. It's a dangerous mindset to be getting into if you start thinking you'd be happy to get into the top four and everybody around the squad is thinking about winning the league."

The opening game of the season musters plenty of excitement in the stands with fans keen to assess the new era. Fletcher aims to ensure the occasion does not detract from the players' performance on the pitch.

"You have to harness it and use it as a positive," Fletch says. "We know last season was disappointing and the fans are desperate for us to put it right and that's what we want too. The fans will definitely be excited to see the boss and the new signings. That should translate into a good atmosphere, which, in turn, usually helps us play well on the pitch. We all have to push in the right direction and use it as a positive."

Fletcher outlines title ambition

I will be happy with a 1-1 draw with Swansea.

I think Man Utd may beat Swansea! the sternest test will be against big money team like City and Chelsea

I think Man Utd may beat Swansea! the sternest test will be against big money team like City and Chelsea

We will be facing chelsea on 26 oct and city on 2 nov. In the meantime lets see how many points will we accumulate.

Meanwhile the under 21 league.
The youngsters kick off their season with a win!

United U21 3 Norwich U21 0

Notice that the youths results normally being affected by the seniors if they (seniors) perform the rest of the age group will also perform.

Van Gaal handles injured absentees

Louis van Gaal believes his squad is ready for the start of the Barclays Premier League season as Old Trafford prepares to welcome Swansea City for the Manchester United manager's first competitive game in charge.
The Dutchman is being forced to contend with a number of injury concerns after Michael Carrick was sidelined soon after the boss' arrival at the club. New signing Luke Shaw is also out for a month with a hamstring strain but van Gaal insists he has sufficient cover to approach Saturday's opener with confidence.

Robin van Persie is not fit enough to feature after his World Cup exertions with the Netherlands and Danny Welbeck is another forward out of action.

When asked about the injured players, van Gaal replied: "Sam Johnstone - the goalkeeper. Antonio Valencia, Shaw and Evans - three defenders. Welbeck. I believe that is it. Van Persie? No. He has to train. I've said that before.

"We have analysed Shaw and it is difficult to lay a finger on it. It is difficult to look for the solution but there are a lot of reasons. After the World Cup, all the players are coming back at different moments and it is very difficult to train. We have the travel, jet-lag and a lot of matches in 14 days. Another reason is the amount of training sessions but we are doing half of what I have done with the other clubs so I cannot assume we have done that wrong.

"We have played in the US with Reece James and Ashley Young in that position, so it is very well covered. I am very confident and I am not nervous. We have players injured and I am not nervous. We have beaten them all until now but tomorrow is the match that counts."

Van Gaal on missing players

Although he say RVP is not fit enough for this match, still got the feeling Van Gaal will still introduce him midway through the game if there is a need. Cos he only not fit for full match never say he unfit for half or less match ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.