Man Utd XVI: Quest of the Title - Return to winning way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
BREAKING: Latest to add on the injury list will be Fellaini out 4-6 months due to ankle ligaments injury.

Others:
Rafael
Carrick
Evans
Lingard
Shaw
Valencia
Welbeck
Lindegaard
Wilson
Kagawa
Zaha

Anderson should be available for sunday's game.

Wah.. Wishing speedy recovery for everyone!

wah. all can go Brighton beach and relax already...

Think we still need a midfield enforcer. Havent had one since Keano left many years ago and went to enjoy prawn sandwiches in private.

United sign Marcos Rojo from Sporting Lisbon

- Argentina international joins on five-year contract
- Nani to join Sporting Lisbon on loan

Manchester United is delighted to announce the signing of defender Marcos Rojo from Sporting Lisbon for a fee of €20m, with Nani joining the Portuguese club on a season-long loan. Marcos joins on a five-year contract.
Rojo, 24, joined Sporting from Spartak Moscow, having started his career at his home town team of Estudiantes de la Plata. Marcos has played 28 times for Argentina since making his debut three years ago and played six games, including the final, in his country's run to the recent FIFA World Cup final, scoring in the last group game against Nigeria. He was named as one of the defenders in the Castrol Index All Star Team of the tournament.

Marcos Rojo said: "It is such an honour to say that I now play for Manchester United. The Premier League is the most exciting league in the world and to have the chance to play in it for the world's biggest club is a dream for me. I am young and am very keen to continue to learn the game, so playing for such an experienced technical coach as Louis van Gaal is a fantastic opportunity for me. I have joined United to work hard with my team-mates to win trophies and I know that the manager shares that ambition."

Louis van Gaal said: "Marcos is a very gifted defender. He has played at the highest level in world football and can play either as a central defender or left-back. He has ability, physical strength and a willingness to learn that means he has a very bright future ahead of him. He had a very strong World Cup and has been playing in Europe for a couple of years now. He is a very good addition to the team."

Marcos Rojo the new no.5

Rojo: I will give everything for United

Marcos Rojo gave his exclusive first interview to MUTV, saying that he has joined the world's biggest club and promises to give everything on the pitch...
Welcome to Manchester United. How does it feel to be here and to be signing for this club?
Thanks very much. I'm very happy as this is a big step forward in my career and it's amazing to be joining the biggest club in the world.

What do you know about the club, the history, the players?
I know a lot about the club because I always follow the Premier League and Manchester United were always my team because they were the biggest and the best. Juan Sebastian Veron played for United and was a great player and I always watched his progress. United were always my club.

There has been a lot of talk and speculation about the move. How have the last few days been for you?
It's taken a while for everything to get sorted out because these transfers can be very difficult, but I'm so happy to be here at Manchester United.

How did you feel when you heard for the first time that Louis van Gaal wanted to sign you?
It was unbelievable. We played against his team in the World Cup and they were excellent. When I heard that he wanted me to come here I was very happy but also very proud and very excited to get an opportunity at a club like this.

What do you think your best qualities are as a footballer?
I always give everything I have in a game and I leave everything out there on the pitch. I play each game as if it could be my last. That's the most important thing in my philosophy.

What do you think you can achieve here, with the team and also on a personal level?
I think the most important thing is that I keep growing as a player and keep improving. I have worked really hard for this opportunity and now I am at the biggest club in the world and I want to win trophies.

Finally, there are a lot of people here at the club now who can speak Spanish so that should help you settle in and get used to your new surroundings...
Absolutely, that will certainly help me as I get used to life in this country and will help me get settled into the team as quickly as possible.

Rojo Q&A

at least byebye Nani. He was horrendous. and this is coming from LFC supporter.

Id say he played a crucial role in ensuring there was hardly any service from whichever flank he switched to. Great for every team which played manutd.

Rojo looks like a gd signing for Man U.

Transfer news: Angel Di Maria and Sami Khedira reject Real Madrid deals

Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti has said that Angel Di Maria has asked to leave the club and Sami Khedira has rejected a new contract.

Di Maria, who has been heavily linked with a move to both Manchester United and Paris St Germain, has rejected the offer of a new contract with the current European champions.

Khedira, who has also turned down new terms at the Bernabeu, has been a reported target for Arsenal this summer and Arsene Wenger admitted on Thursday that he was still hoping to strengthen his squad before the transfer window closes.

Ancelotti said. "Di Maria asked to go in the summer and has rejected an offer from the club, The player has to look for a solution.

"If when the transfer market closes he's still here, he will work with us like last season and there will be no problem.”

Ancelotti said of Khedira: "It's a different situation to Di Maria. He's not asked to go. He's rejected an offer to renew, but has a year of contract. We'll see what happens."

Madrid signed two more attacking midfielders in James Rodriguez and Toni Kroos this summer to increase the pressure for places in their star-studded squad.

Di Maria handed in transfer request.

Manchester United transfers: Van Gaal working from a 'B-list' after failing to land preferred targets

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-transfers-van-gaal-4085275

Former United midfielder Paul Scholes said he was "scared" for his old club could go the way of their arch rivals Liverpool and face a lengthy wait to win the title again if they fail to address the shortcomings in their squad.

Just buy both Khedira and Di Maria already. I dare say Khedira would be an even more important buy than Di Maria.

Status
Not open for further replies.