Man nearly breaks my camera, then tries to hit me on head

Yeah what if the guy was a snatch thief...say bye bye to your cam bag.

a lot of things can happen.

even if i am shooting in the sea, unless i know for sure the tripod is very stable, i hold on to the strap. this is so that i did my best to protect and take care of my equipment. won't want to feel stupid later on.

if say, a cat jump on the seat and push the camera off, is he going to take picture of the cat and stomp it?

if got blind man sit down, and push the camera off, is he going to kb the blind man?

if the camera slide off, is he going to do a self portrait and kb himself? :bsmilie:

On another note ..pull a stunt like this in a country where people are not afraid to use their fist .. the consequence will be

a) u will be beaten up or worse killed
b) ur camera will be smashed or taken away by the assailant
c) report to police - sure .. police will do a "show" investigation and declare they cannot find the culprit

"The man in the picture tried to assault me, after refusing to say sorry when he almost caused my camera bag to drop.

"I was at the bus stop in front of the embassy to take photos.

"I placed my DLSR camera on the bus stop seat momentarily because I needed to change a memory card on my phone.

"The man pushed my camera away to sit down, almost causing it to fall onto the ground.

"The man didn't apologise, so I wanted to take a pic of him to scare him.

ALMOST means it did not happen. Stomper is in the wrong. He's rude to threaten others by taking other's photo at close quarters without permission.
The bus stop seat is really meant for bus commuters to sit on.
It is not meant to be a photographer's standby tray to put camera onto while changing memory card.
One of the two is mis-using the bus stop seat. Guess who that is.

There is NO ground to demand apology.

Using a camera to take other's photo to "scare" them is an abuse of the camera equipment + photo hobby and gives public a bad impression of photographers.

Last edited:
"The man in the picture tried to assault me, after refusing to say sorry when he almost caused my camera bag to drop.

"I was at the bus stop in front of the embassy to take photos.

"I placed my DLSR camera on the bus stop seat momentarily because I needed to change a memory card on my phone.

"The man pushed my camera away to sit down, almost causing it to fall onto the ground.

"The man didn't apologise, so I wanted to take a pic of him to scare him.

ALMOST means it did not happen. Stomper is in the wrong. He's rude to threaten others by taking other's photo at close quarters without permission.
The bus stop seat is really meant for bus commuters to sit on.
It is not meant to be a photographer's standby tray to put camera onto while changing memory card.
One of the two is mis-using the bus stop seat. Guess who that is.

There is NO ground to demand apology.

Using a camera to take other's photo to "scare" them is an abuse of the camera equipment + photo hobby and gives public a bad impression of photographers.
The point is the old man is provoking the stomper by intentionally causing potential loss of expensive equipment, even if the camera bag/camera did not drop. If I take your camera, toss it up real high and then catch it, will you just take it back, smile and walk away?

The point is the old man is provoking the stomper by intentionally causing potential loss of expensive equipment, even if the camera bag/camera did not drop. If I take your camera, toss it up real high and then catch it, will you just take it back, smile and walk away?

fair enough. i feel that even if that seat is occupied by camera, can always choose to move on to another seat. the action of pushing camera bag away itself can be seen as provocative.

u could asked to shift it.

u could move on to another seat.

u could do a 101 other things. but he chose to push bag away.

if you could have taken my camera so easily, there is something wrong with me. i must be really sick today.

a lot of things can happen.

even if i am shooting in the sea, unless i know for sure the tripod is very stable, i hold on to the strap. this is so that i did my best to protect and take care of my equipment. won't want to feel stupid later on.

if say, a cat jump on the seat and push the camera off, is he going to take picture of the cat and stomp it?

if got blind man sit down, and push the camera off, is he going to kb the blind man?

if the camera slide off, is he going to do a self portrait and kb himself? :bsmilie:

Agree always bear in mind 'the what ifs' like more of 'pre-empt' what will happen due
to one's carelessness or stupidity.

Hi, The situation now is different. You have to take care of yourself. Many times when crossing the traffic light or zebra lines, drivers don't bother to stop to allow pedestrians to cross the road, even when you are already crossing half way along the zebra lines. Pedestrians have to give way. If you get knocked down, the car will just move on, especially when you are crossing alone. Even if one or more cars stop, there is the possibility that one car may just zoom across without stopping. So, don't just cross the road, taking for granted that every cars will stop to allow you to cross. There are too many sorts of people here now than before.

Many weird people nowadays... The funniest thing is these 2 points:

1) Why would he not get away after taking that man's photo? It's not a coward to withdraw at situation like this, after all, you got yourself a good photo
2) Why would he resort to the lowest method of stomping that man (especially via a notorious site of moral issue, STOMP)?

Rather than to be engage at the man he commented, I think the stomper himself should explore himself and figure out what's wrong with his own moral issue.

first off, respect other commuters' rights... don't put your cam bag in a seat especially when there are people who needs it more than your bag!

secondly, the bag didn't fall... just let go of the situation. i mean, cmon... are you big and bad enough to just ask a man to apologize to you in public? if you are... please do so!;)

but in spite of all these, the man shouldn't have hit the stomper:nono: if he doesn't want to say sorry, just ignore the guy... take pictures of you... just cover your face...

personally, if it happened to me, i would just let the situation go, unless my cam fell. but if i asked for apology and the man try to hit me... i think he will call himself stupid for doing that after he wakes up in the hospital! scold me... but don't touch me.:)

1. No one should assault another.

2. Its not nice to take picture like this. It gets the other party aggitated. Seriously, i'd be pissed especially knowing these stomper losers are crawling around.

3. This stomper loser ain't no freaking saint too.

There are rude people around but if what you are doing isn't exactly considerate to start with, why bark? These stompers are generally losers who writes one sided stories waiting for sympathy. I don't get why he need to put his bag by the side to change memory card? I can change lens when my bag is on my lap. Shouldnt that be more complicated?

put it this way. it's just with the recent spate of road-rage/violence that all these things are under scrutiny now...

why, way back when i was still in primary school, we would always place our bags on the canteen benches and go buy our lunches.

once, this lady came with her kid and just threw all our bags on the floor just so she could occupy one whole bench with her son. we were so angry because it was rude, and there were so many empty benches, so why do this sorta thing just to our bags? there are so many empty seats around... she even glared at us and scolded us for using our bags to "reserve a seat".

IMO, this kind of bullying behavior has been around for so long. this is so commonplace in our "gracious" society.