Man nearly breaks my camera, then tries to hit me on head

yeobt

May 23, 2007
saw this on stomp. why are ppl getting violent these days. :cry:

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/s...early_breaks_my_camera_then_tries_to_hit.html

STOMPer Jeremy was allegedly assaulted by a man who refused to apologise after he almost caused the STOMPer's camera bag to fall. The man had grabbed the STOMPer's arm and tried to hit him on his head.

Said Jeremy in his email:

"The man in the picture tried to assault me, after refusing to say sorry when he almost caused my camera bag to drop.

"I was at the bus stop in front of the embassy to take photos.

"I placed my DLSR camera on the bus stop seat momentarily because I needed to change a memory card on my phone.

"The man pushed my camera away to sit down, almost causing it to fall onto the ground.

"The man didn't apologise, so I wanted to take a pic of him to scare him.

"And when I tried to take a picture of him using my DSLR, he turned violent and tried to hit me on the head.

"The guy grabbed my arm and wanted to punch me.

""He was grabbing me and refusing to let me go. He also threatened to 'sue' me and call the police.

"I threatened to call the police to settle the issue, and when I called the police, he got scared and left in bus 502.

"I snapped this picture of him from outside of the bus.

"The man was with his wife and kid.

"A police report was lodged at 8.25pm. The issue happened at 8.15pm in front of a crowd at the Thai Embassy with two witnesses.

"Please take note of this bully."

The photo was edited by the STOMPer.

he place his camera on the seat? win!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i would say he is asking for it.

i thought it should be more of: why people are so silly nowadays to invite trouble by putting camera on seat.

Bus stop seat momentarily

maybe the floor is wet at that time. :think:

aiyah, he asked for it. he did something just as childish to provoke the man what. why did he have to try to take his picture..?

the old man deserves to be charged. i hope police will do something. we can't tolerate bullies/gangsters. you guys said the stopmer was asking for it but silliness does not give you the right or excuse to punch/hit somebody.

Last edited:
The man can ask the guy to shift his belongings right? Why behave so badly? Then when confronted, he could have just apologize for almost damaging someone's else property due to his actions.

If everyone behaves like him, you will see a lot of cars kena vandalised for not parking properly in the car park and when there is a law suit, the court will say.. "The lousy parking skill driver deserves it and the culprits are not guilty."

I think I will switch to do more street photography when that happens.

the old man had no reason to just push the bag like that. he could at least politely ask the stomper to move the bag. i guess simple acts like that have slowly eroded from today's society. the stomper need to change his phone memory card, so maybe he need that space for just a while, why the old man need to push it away as if the seat is his alone? it's getting weirder everyday..:sweat:

Totally uncalled for. If I was that kid I'd let the uncle punch me first and then I'd beat the living crap out of him.

the old man deserves to be charged. i hope police will do something. we can't tolerate bullies/gangsters. you guys said the stopmer was asking for it but silliness does not give you the right or excuse to punch/hit somebody.

i agree that the man is also at fault, but it remains a fact that putting your camera on the bus stop seat next to you is a silly thing to do.

I dont like the camera on the seat. I dont know how long it is going to be there.

why put camera on bus seat ? those cards can be changed at later time lah.. what's the hurry ? :bsmilie:

mouth got gold?

such rude behaviour is uncalled for even if the chap places his camera on the seat 'inconsiderably'.

mouth got gold?

such rude behaviour is uncalled for even if the chap places his camera on the seat 'inconsiderably'.

Agreed, that man just want to act like a bully. :thumbsd:

I don't know the stomper and we have not hear from the other party story, perhaps the stomper himself is also one of the kind.
However, as long as the person started a fight and injured another party, he is already wrong.

Sticking a camera in someone's face with the motive "to take a picture to scare him" is intimidation. You cannot not expect the other party to react. Both parties are in the wrong and could have handled the situation better.

Over the years, photography has deteriorated to a point where people with cameras no longer observe decent behavior and courtesy - there are many examples even in CS where photographers complain about other photographer's behavior.

Sticking a camera in someone's face with the motive "to take a picture to scare him" is intimidation. You cannot not expect the other party to react. Both parties are in the wrong and could have handled the situation better.

Over the years, photography has deteriorated to a point where people with cameras no longer observe decent behavior and courtesy - there are many examples even in CS where photographers complain about other photographer's behavior.

yes, and seeing how we are photographers, we should place more emphasis on behaviour of photographers (or at least people with cameras).

just curious why the photographer cannot sling his bag and change memory card :dunno: