Man lying on the floor at causeway point interchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ccmheoa

Just finished the show "The Scorpion King" at the causeway point shopping centre, went down the interchange to take a bus home, and saw this guy lying on the floor...

causewaypoint1.jpg

Anyway promptly called "999".
PS : Anybody can give me some pointers why the picture taken appears to be unfocused? i took it in auto mode with 3x zoom engaged. (using a Canon A40)

File Name
100-0004_IMG.JPG
Camera Model Name
Canon PowerShot A40
Shooting Date/Time
4/22/2002 11:27:32 PM
Shooting Mode
Auto
Color Effect Mode
Off
Tv( Shutter Speed )
1/8
Av( Aperture Value )
Metering Mode
Evaluative
Exposure Compensation
ISO Speed
Auto
Lens
5.4 - 16.2mm
Focal Length
16.2mm
Digital Zoom
None
Image Size
1600x1200
Image Quality
Fine
Flash
Off
White Balance
Auto
AF Mode
Single
Active AF Points
[ Right ]
Parameters
Contrast Normal
Sharpness Normal
Color saturation Normal
File Size
438KB
Serial Number
100-0004
Drive Mode
Single-frame shooting
Owner's Name

hey,
i just watched the scorpion king too. kelly hu is hot huh?:devil:

anyway i think the reason why its blur is because of your shaky hands.:) thats IMHO. a newbie here. :cool:

Originally posted by renaissance_myth
hey,
i just watched the scorpion king too. kelly hu is hot huh?:devil:

anyway i think the reason why its blur is because of your shaky hands.:) thats IMHO. a newbie here. :cool:

yeah man, kelly is really :rbounce: , heh...
guess it's my shaky hands......sigh.....newbie symptom...

also just took this pic...

showfloor.jpg

other then increasing ISO....what else can i do to elminate the motion blur?

not really sure.....i am also a newbie.my camera is only two weeks old. hehe so practising.

not really sure.....i am also a newbie.my camera is only two weeks old. hehe so practising.

rite practice makes perfect....heh....did you go home via the bus too? did u see that guy on the floor?...his right hand was clutching a $2 billfold.

Originally posted by ccmheoa

rite practice makes perfect....heh....did you go home via the bus too? did u see that guy on the floor?...his right hand was clutching a $2 billfold.

nope didnt get to see it. watched the 9.30 show at lido and took a cab home.;)

not that great a show dun you think?

nope didnt get to see it. watched the 9.30 show at lido and took a cab home.;)

not that great a show dun you think?

well, paying $8.50 to see Kelly Hu , don't you tink it's worth it? heh

yeah man, kelly is really :rbounce: , heh...
guess it's my shaky hands......sigh.....newbie symptom...

other then increasing ISO....what else can i do to elminate the motion blur?
Use a tripod, set to timer and take!

*Not only newbie is subjected to blur images... the old and wise sometimes oso do! So I wouldn't called it a newbie symptom!

Originally posted by Bluestrike

Use a tripod, set to timer and take!

*Not only newbie is subjected to blur images... the old and wise sometimes oso do! So I wouldn't called it a newbie symptom!

problem is , haven't even bought a tripod yet....heh...

:D

problem is , haven't even bought a tripod yet....heh...

:D
Well... time to solve your problem!
hehheeee

Or you can rest the DC on something
Or you can lean your hands against the wall etc etc etc

There are many ways to do it......

Well... time to solve your problem!
hehheeee

Or you can rest the DC on something
Or you can lean your hands against the wall etc etc etc

There are many ways to do it......

now i tried taking a 15 sec exposure by placing the camera on a ledge at nite....and the strange thing is there is a lot of funny color dots appearing on the final pic.....is it becoz of dust or what?

now i tried taking a 15 sec exposure by placing the camera on a ledge at nite....and the strange thing is there is a lot of funny color dots appearing on the final pic.....is it becoz of dust or what?

That , we called it "hot pixels" and it usually in red, blue or green!
It usually happen when taking long exposure where the CCD/Cmos get heated up. The way to reduce it, will depend on the DC itself and there is also ways to touch up in Photoshop. But ususally, the DC itself will have what we called "noise Reduction" software built in.

That , we called it "hot pixels" and it usually in red, blue or green!
It usually happen when taking long exposure where the CCD/Cmos get heated up. The way to reduce it, will depend on the DC itself and there is also ways to touch up in Photoshop. But ususally, the DC itself will have what we called "noise Reduction" software built in.

so this "hot pixel" thingy, nothing i can do then? i don't see any option in the canon a40 to reduce such hot pixels.......hmmm would the warranty cover it?

you can touch up the picture in photoshop as bluestrike has mentioned. check out http://www.banoffeepie.com/alan/fuji/noise.htm its quite an effective way, execpt that the dots will be replaced by black ones, which is really not that easily noticable. or you could try http://www.dpreview.com/learn/Image_Techniques/Night_Spots_01.htm i dunno if it can completely remove the spots coz i dun understand what the guy is trying to explain. anyone can explain how to apply this technique? i really cannot figure it out!!:dunno:

you can touch up the picture in photoshop as bluestrike has mentioned. check out http://www.banoffeepie.com/alan/fuji/noise.htm its quite an effective way, execpt that the dots will be replaced by black ones, which is really not that easily noticable. or you could try http://www.dpreview.com/learn/Image_Techniques/Night_Spots_01.htm i dunno if it can completely remove the spots coz i dun understand what the guy is trying to explain. anyone can explain how to apply this technique? i really cannot figure it out!!:dunno:

hmmmm this is not good....may i go talk to canon support and see how first.....

hmmmm this is not good....may i go talk to canon support and see how first.....
They will not and could not do anything to help you since this is a issue all DC have. The ways to counter this are many. You can shoot in cold countries, open the DC up and blow a fan at it, built a fridge ard the DC etc etc etc.

The only way to do is thru software which I'm afraid the consumer range is quite limitating. There may be firmware upgrade better noise reduction s/w etc etc but it will stil be there as long as the DC are using CCD/Cmos.

So I suggest that you take using shorter exposure, let the DC rest after a long one and so on.

Just my $0.02 worth!

They will not and could not do anything to help you since this is a issue all DC have. The ways to counter this are many. You can shoot in cold countries, open the DC up and blow a fan at it, built a fridge ard the DC etc etc etc.

The only way to do is thru software which I'm afraid the consumer range is quite limitating. There may be firmware upgrade better noise reduction s/w etc etc but it will stil be there as long as the DC are using CCD/Cmos.

So I suggest that you take using shorter exposure, let the DC rest after a long one and so on.

Just my $0.02 worth!

aw crap....:(

Hot pixels and noise are part and parcel of digital photography especially with consumer digital cameras. Even pro digital SLR has this problem, but generally they fair better than consumer cams...

Status
Not open for further replies.