Man - I really need to learn PS

Status
Not open for further replies.
well haha, after looking at those pics, you still can look it at a different way. that the celebs are beuatiful and people are just bored and ps to make them ugly and defame them. maybe thats the use of photoshop.

After looking at this link - I think PS skill is probably more important than camera skill!

http://www.hemmy.net/2007/05/25/celebrities-before-and-after-photoshop

Not that really. Yes, a camera can't cheat. If one has unpleasant blemish on his or her skin, a camera will probably capture as it is. Using the right exposure plus taking the best composed shot require great photographic skill no doubt about it. Photoshop is just there for allowing us to make correction/enhancement on the images. Of course, it's a plus knowing some Ps skill. But I always believe both skills come hand in hand.

chvictor (Adobe Certified Expert) | Photoshop Instructor | 98162062

well haha, after looking at those pics, you still can look it at a different way. that the celebs are beuatiful and people are just bored and ps to make them ugly and defame them. maybe thats the use of photoshop.
it should be then other way round.

Not that really. Yes, a camera can't cheat. If one has unpleasant blemish on his or her skin, a camera will probably capture as it is. Using the right exposure plus taking the best composed shot require great photographic skill no doubt about it. Photoshop is just there for allowing us to make correction/enhancement on the images. Of course, it's a plus knowing some Ps skill. But I always believe both skills come hand in hand.

chvictor (Adobe Certified Expert) | Photoshop Instructor | 98162062
agreed with you.

Which is more important to make a good BBQ Chicken Wing? A fresh chicken wing or a good marinate? Both lah!:):bsmilie:

hahahaha

you give the world's best photoshopper this shot, see what he can do to make it beautiful :)

blackscreen.jpg

shows a lack of willingness to learn and a blatant misunderstanding of what photography is about

hahahaha

you give the world's best photoshopper this shot, see what he can do to make it beautiful :)

blackscreen.jpg

shows a lack of willingness to learn and a blatant misunderstanding of what photography is about
chey, I just load this black image in PS, and paste any of my favorite photo on it, less than 15sec, job done.

They use the surface blur on skin using CS3. .
and edit a bit of the eyes...

THere is a tutorial on this online

You can view PS as the digital equivalent of the wet darkroom. One of the reasons why I decided to buy a printer and learn PS is becos I want to have end-to-end control of my photos. I'm sure many of you have experienced the frustration of not having your pics turn out the way you visualise it after having them returned from the lab.
The good news is that you don't have to learn the whole gamut of tricks that PS can do. As a photographer (as opposed to an illustrator, graphic artist),I would say you just need to learn perhaps 30 to 40% of PS to able to produce fairly decent output. If you have the dough, it would also be worthwhile to invest in a wacom tablet.
For those pics of celebrities, they are easy to achieve once you master the basics. From what I can see, they probably apply noise reduction to smoothen the skin, eye sharpening for bright eyes, spot tool to clear blemishes and clone tool to remove wrinkles. Some hue and color adj to brighten and bring out the colors. Most of all, the curve tools to bring out the contrast.
But the most important thing to get all these in place is the capture of the image in the first instance. You cannot run away from the fundamentals - correct exposure, good composition etc.:cool:

I have been using Adobe Photoshop since version 0.87 Alpha (this is not a typo), and I always believe that Photoshop is just another 'tool' in my photo bag. It is not meant to 'fix' problems of a careless photographer, instead, it is to help a meticulous photographer in either an unavoidable or unpredictable situation.

no cheating! :nono:
har?!?

wake up early early, set up the camera at right time and the right place, spot on exposure, pin point WB, carefully composed images, visualize the final images before clicking the shutter, plus many years of experience in photography, and you call this cheating??

than can you please tell me what is real photography??

har?!?

wake up early early, set up the camera at right time and the right place, spot on exposure, pin point WB, carefully composed images, visualize the final images before clicking the shutter, plus many years of experience in photography, and you call this cheating??

than can you please tell me what is real photography??
hey, you wake up early, set up camera righttimerightplace spot on exposure, pin point wb, blah blah blah

my picture down here also very nice, how can you say you can improve it further with anything:

blackscreen.jpg

you know how long i took to ensure that this closeup shot of a black ferrari's top got NO reflection, the exposure swee swee the RIGHT TYPE of black or not, not 100% grey, not 18% grey, but 56% GREY.. according to my spyder colorvision don'tknowwhat colorimeter (is there even such a thing).. my mikamomi 8000 usd camera with 600mm lens (that reduces all old men to shame, makes all models fall in love with me, and has its own gravitational field, so strong that the birds come flying to me begging to be shot).. the image quality is just so perfect i am in love with it

and then you just paste your photo which was obviously taken with a lousier cam, lousier lens (probably cannot resolve half the numbero f lines MY lens can resolve ok).. on top of this ultimate piece of art. NO ONE in his right mind would do that.

:( :( :mad2:

i even used flash ok.. skill boh? :bsmilie:

(p.s. flash used was the mikamomi 40afg, top of the line.. with pary jong's lightdiscoball to soften the light.. state of the art technology)

Status
Not open for further replies.