man gave girl a gun..... man dies

What the heck is a 9 year old doing with an uzi?!?! And for the smart arses who suggest i read the article, the question is rhetorical.

What the heck is a 9 year old doing with an uzi?!?! And for the smart arses who suggest i read the article, the question is rhetorical.

[youtube]OaQAy-8OY54[/youtube]

"We as Americans
Us as a citizen
Gottta protect ourselves."

"We as Americans
Us as a citizen
Gottta protect ourselves."

Yeah, and in the process of protecting ourselves, other people's right of survival was being trodden on. But that's different culture I guess.

Yeah, and in the process of protecting ourselves, other people's right of survival was being trodden on. But that's different culture I guess.

I have a friend (Singaporean) who lived in the US for many years and is now back. He says that his view of gun ownership changed 180 degrees after living in the US. He now is convinced that firearm ownership is a must in the US (assault weapon is another issue).

I have a friend (Singaporean) who lived in the US for many years and is now back. He says that his view of gun ownership changed 180 degrees after living in the US. He now is convinced that firearm ownership is a must in the US (assault weapon is another issue).

UncleFai, is that because parts of the US are very dangerous and one would theoretically feel safer owing a gun?

UncleFai, is that because parts of the US are very dangerous and one would theoretically feel safer owing a gun?

I have no idea. He was in UIUC (Illinois) and then in Portland, Oregon I think.

Well. I think it is an easy reason to use for the pro-gun lobbying groups. However if you did not allow guns in the first place, maybe there would be no need for guns to defend?

See Singapore.

That said, now that there are guns in US floating around, it is going to be very difficult to reverse that although it would not harm for the US to blanket ban guns. I would however suspect quite a few US senators would find their campaign funds a lot lighter when the pro-guns lobbying groups withdraw their financial support.

lol i had the same mindset change when i was there for a few months. but reverted back to my original stance once i left.
case of "do as the romans do"?

the federal ban on assault weapons (anything that can shoot in full-auto) expired years back and every democrat president who tried to reinstate the ban has failed.

If the criminal/neighbors are armed with firearms (like in the US), gun ownership makes sense... but if they are not (like in most cases in SG)... then gun ownership for all doesn't make sense...

And please spare me the "Civilian Rise Up To Overthrow A Government" speech... it works during the War Of Independence when people fought on horseback and brass cannon was the best type of 'heavy' weaponry the British has... now, your few civilian type rifles or a few modified army sulpus M-16 could hardly stand up to heavy APCs or Tanks.... not even listing Drones, helicopter gunship and attack jets... :think:

If the criminal/neighbors are armed with firearms (like in the US), gun ownership makes sense... but if they are not (like in most cases in SG)... then gun ownership for all doesn't make sense...

And please spare me the "Civilian Rise Up To Overthrow A Government" speech... it works during the War Of Independence when people fought on horseback and brass cannon was the best type of 'heavy' weaponry the British has... now, your few civilian type rifles or a few modified army sulpus M-16 could hardly stand up to heavy APCs or Tanks.... not even listing Drones, helicopter gunship and attack jets... :think:

But it does up the ante... now US police have to be militarized...

But it does up the ante... now US police have to be militarized...

Agree...the 2nd Amendment is a political 'Black Hole' that the whole US Govt and public will forever be caught in...

If the Taiwanese subway killing young man was armed with a 15 clip 9mm handgun with 3 mag... how many more would have die... but luckily (or unluckily)... he was only armed with knives... :think:

My colleagues in the States were already sending their children in elementary school to Boy Scouts of America (BSA) summer camps where they are taught in the proficient use of .22 caliber rifle.

Nothing new for them.