man at work in motion

senser

May 29, 2007
i tried my first posting at critique yesterday but maybe i didn't know how to do it properly. I'm trying again..thanks..

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
whole pic's feel...whether it captures the essence of the title...
2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
show man at work in his environment, showing his skills, surrounding by co worker and customers diners....blur hand motion (in action)
3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
not so ideal lighting...low perspective....
4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
in color, the pic looked bad...in bnw seems better with a few photoshop areas...

IMG_6451_edited-1.jpg

Last edited:
I found the angle of the shot distracting but loved that you used B&W. The hands in motion with the body sharp gives a good feeling of "man at work". Is it also slightly overexposed with the guy's shirt a bit blown out ?

personally don't prefer the tilt...coz it's tiring to view:)

- not a fan of the tilt
- also pic looks soft

thanks, was holding camera low down so as not to seem intrusive ...shot without looking thru viewfinder though..thanks ,will improve...!

i actually only wanted the face sharp, so blur out the surrounding in photoshop...

Comments from a noobster..

1. understand that u hold the camera low so as not to be too intrusive but its too bad cause the tilting is overdone. BUT now u know that this kinda shot using a very low angle is very effective to increase the "feel" of the photo.

2. Maybe instead of bluring the people behind.. why don u try "burning" them slightly underexposed n make ur subject correct exposure? because its very lucky that only the chief is in white so it confirm will stand out of the crowd.

3. Black & white conversion is easy, but try to retain the details n shades of gray..

but all the above is just my personel comments, no hard feelings k..

this one in color...and not so tilted...

sorri, this pic

The tilt angle of the 2nd picture is more pleasing, as you have to remember, we mostly read from left to right.

Secondly, learn how to shoot from the hip so you can get candid shots, particularly by pulling the neck strap taut against your neck to be stable.

Just my 2 cents.