Mamiya Introduces the First 22 Megapixel Digital Camera System for Under USD$10,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come for MF.

interesting development. a pity mamiya 645 system lenses are way below par.
the RZ67 range of lenses however has some killer.

they really need to improve on their lenses line up before anyone would pick it up.

interesting development. a pity mamiya 645 system lenses are way below par.
the RZ67 range of lenses however has some killer.

they really need to improve on their lenses line up before anyone would pick it up.

Extracted from the mamiya site.
"Also introduced were two new digital lenses – the Mamiya Sekor AF 75-150mm f/4.5 D and a full-frame 28mm f/4.5 D Aspherical – that are designed to work on the 645AFD II with both film and digital backs."

I believed the 28mmf/4.5D Aspherical is going to be one of the killer lens and of course a killer price tag:think:

Looks like a sunset product.

Mamiya is in bad shape at digital back playground, the ZD when announced took a looong 2 years to finally saw it rolled out when by then, technologically fallen very backward liao....I was one interested chap back then & also all promise of a new lens did not materialise.

If U have seen the other digital backs, the chip used on Mamiya just perform similar to 2 x DSLR tiled together & nothing close to a true D back at all with that WOW!:bsmilie: dynamic range.

Rumour has that the last piece has O% user in Singapore. US $10 K better invest on FF DSLR ,if U must.

Yes, their first one did not make a dent ... we shall see about this new one :think: ... there's always an old reliable 500 series Hasselblad and a USD 10K digital back, small difference in price, rather than a FF dslr ... hope they make something cheaper later too ...

Ah ya ....

So wasted the local agent staff are so tao ge .

called to ask for it three days ago .

One saleman point to another saleman .

Another saleman say not in stock.

quite excited about this digital back so tell him to call me when the thing is here for a demo .

that guy bo chap bo chap .

Hmmm......

Ah ya ....

quite excited about this digital back so tell him to call me when the thing is here for a demo .

Hmmm......

pretty common sickness among sales exec. playing tai chi between fellow colleagues and bad after sales services. :dunno:

Looks like a sunset product.

Mamiya is in bad shape at digital back playground, the ZD when announced took a looong 2 years to finally saw it rolled out when by then, technologically fallen very backward liao....I was one interested chap back then & also all promise of a new lens did not materialise.

If U have seen the other digital backs, the chip used on Mamiya just perform similar to 2 x DSLR tiled together & nothing close to a true D back at all with that WOW!:bsmilie: dynamic range.

Rumour has that the last piece has O% user in Singapore. US $10 K better invest on FF DSLR ,if U must.

for me, i would rather invest in a ZD, better dynamic range.

Ah ya ....

Hmmm......

Most of them will probably not know as this has yet to reach Singapore.

Usually I would rather deal with Steven (Ah Joo) or Chris (in the studio equipment shop) rather then the other staff, when enquiring stuff like this.

Anyone who has had experience on ZD & perhaps another rival back care to compare ?

I think the ZD is target at shooters who needs better quality than a FF DSLR but do not requires that of a true D back of say PhaseOne or Leaf or Sinar, last heard the Leaf sells around SGD 60K for it's 33 megapixel ... well that's either for the very established commercial shooters or retired MNC CEO:bigeyes:

Personally, if I am to buy this one, it will be an alternative choice if client says:' no need too good lah, something in between but not too good because the budget can only go this far...'

Whatever lah...

Status
Not open for further replies.