male-to-male filter attachment

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon33

Aug 18, 2002
go north!
www.imagestation.com
hi does anyone know where i can get male-to-male filter attachments? ie filter thread on both sides of the filter and no glass? for coupling lens together front to front..

I'm also looking for it, hopfully someone in clubsnap knows :D

Originally posted by ckiang
My friend bought a 49-49 one at FotoGuide. They might have other sizes, check it out.

Regards
CK

fotoguide is the one opp CP which has his huge sigma lens display in the window right?

thanks ckiang

went to fotoguide, TCW and CP today..nothing. they all don't carry the male-to-male filter acttachment...

any helpful soul out there willing to enlighten me on where i can get this? ;)

thanks

though tof looking around locally for it..cheaper. i think if order online the freight charges will cost more than the attachment itself :eek:

anyyway i need a 58mm to 58mm attachment..kirk doesn't seem to have that..unless i par chiao already.

have to buy step up then the attachment itself...

:confused:

Originally posted by jon33
anyyway i need a 58mm to 58mm attachment..kirk doesn't seem to have that..unless i par chiao already.

have to buy step up then the attachment itself...

:confused:

you can use glued

a 58mm to 62mm step up ring

a 62mm to 58mm step down ring

together for ur 58mm to 58mm attachment.

i know..actually i've 2 58mm filters which the glass can be removed from...thought of sticking them together with epoxy, but thought i'd look around for the 'proper' thing first so i can save 2 filters.

and what if the epoxy should suddenly fail me?...50mm lens will fall off...:eek:

i know..actually i've 2 58mm filters which the glass can be removed from...thought of sticking them together with epoxy, but thought i'd look around for the 'proper' thing first so i can save 2 filters.

and what if the epoxy should suddenly fail me?...50mm lens will fall off...:eek:

I have used super glue to stick my step up/down rings together for my EF 50mm f1.8 b4 ... work well

hmm..ok i'll try. roughly how much is a 58-62 step up (and down)? i'm thinking of using a 100/f2 on body with 50/f1.4 in front...possible combination?

i've heard that the magnification factor is the focal length of the lens on body divided by the focal length of the magnifier lens...true?

thanks for replies megaweb

The last round, I paid about S$10.00 for the 58-62 step-up ring at CP...

hmm..ok i'll try. roughly how much is a 58-62 step up (and down)?

hey, so coincident, I just read an article in a magazine in MPH on Sat on lens coupling. Yeah, the magnification is the primary lens divided by the secondary lens. The magazine is Photo Techniques or something like dat...

..NuTs..

hmm..ok i'll try. roughly how much is a 58-62 step up (and down)? i'm thinking of using a 100/f2 on body with 50/f1.4 in front...possible combination?

i've heard that the magnification factor is the focal length of the lens on body divided by the focal length of the magnifier lens...true?

thanks for replies megaweb

probably the same article i read, nuts.

anyway i got my 58-62 step ups from MS colour today..$8 each ;) the uncle had such a perplexed look on his face when i told him what i wanted them for that i think he almost didn't know whether to sell them to me or not ;p

super glued the filters together, with some duct tape for added safety..i;ll go try this weekend see how things turn out.

thanks to all the helped in one way or another

Status
Not open for further replies.