Maldives


Status
Not open for further replies.

Virgo

Senior Member
Dec 23, 2003
4,813
0
0
West of Singapore
www.pbase.com
Old photos from my archive in 2003. Second honeymoon then. A lot of my friends have been asking me to post them on PBase. Here are some of them. Give me your comments please. More photos can be found in http://www.pbase.com/chonchat/maldives_trip_1115_july_2003

Pic #1 - Sun Set



Pic #2 - Moon and Coconut Tree



Pic #3 - Angsana Maldives Ihuru



Pic #4 - Sun, Sand, Sea and Coconut Tree



Pic #5 - Banyan Tree



Pic #6 - Angsana Maldives Ihuru In The Evening - My Favourite!
 

Kim Dong Moon

New Member
May 3, 2004
122
0
0
43
Great World City, Singapore
Wow ... fantastic, look at the clear blue sea ..... now I know why Maldives was named as the last paradise on earth........
 

bigfatfish

New Member
Jan 13, 2004
997
0
0
number 3 and number 6.... NICE!
 

Virgo

Senior Member
Dec 23, 2003
4,813
0
0
West of Singapore
www.pbase.com
Kim Dong Moon said:
Wow ... fantastic, look at the clear blue sea ..... now I know why Maldives was named as the last paradise on earth........
Hey, so it's the scenery nice and not my photoshooting skills good lah... ;p
 

Virgo

Senior Member
Dec 23, 2003
4,813
0
0
West of Singapore
www.pbase.com
bigfatfish said:
number 3 and number 6.... NICE!
Haha...my favourite classified as NICE. Thanx!

Also, all phots taken using the G3. Well, it's before I even own the 10D! :D
 

caseytan

Senior Member
Dec 16, 2002
620
0
16
home
nice place, nice pics... makes me wanna go there for my honeymoon next time ;)
 

narcoleptic

New Member
Jun 8, 2004
23
0
0
miss that place. I lived in Columbo for 7 years, and woulda gone maldives once in awhile.
 

Virgo

Senior Member
Dec 23, 2003
4,813
0
0
West of Singapore
www.pbase.com
caseytan said:
nice place, nice pics... makes me wanna go there for my honeymoon next time ;)
You should Casey. And please, only the 2 of you only. You wouldn't want your kids to spoil everything. Although some couples would like to bring their kids too. Definitely not for my case.
 

Virgo

Senior Member
Dec 23, 2003
4,813
0
0
West of Singapore
www.pbase.com
narcoleptic said:
miss that place. I lived in Columbo for 7 years, and woulda gone maldives once in awhile.
I think everyone should go there if they have the chance. One can argue that there's no difference from Bintan or Redang, but believe me, it's DIFFERENT!
 

GDSNP

Senior Member
Dec 17, 2003
513
0
16
41
Australia
www.flickr.com
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
makes me wanna go to maldives and relax now... :bigeyes:
 

Virgo

Senior Member
Dec 23, 2003
4,813
0
0
West of Singapore
www.pbase.com
GDSNP said:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
makes me wanna go to maldives and relax now... :bigeyes:
Hi GDSNP, glad you like the photos. Yes, it's a good time to go now and relax yourself with your loved ones, especially you feel that work/study is making you breathless!
 

di0nysus

Senior Member
Jul 15, 2003
1,012
1
38
41
m
Visit site
how was the weather? u stayed at angsana? wanted to go too, but heard its monsoon, so went bangkok and phuket etc, also monsoon, but not as heartpain as maldives if kena rain there etc.hee. i've juz came back from patong beach...quite nice, but had quite a bit of rain. : (

looking to go maldives next!
 

GDSNP

Senior Member
Dec 17, 2003
513
0
16
41
Australia
www.flickr.com
Virgo said:
Hi GDSNP, glad you like the photos. Yes, it's a good time to go now and relax yourself with your loved ones, especially you feel that work/study is making you breathless!
i'd love to.. but in the mean time, let me save up first.. :D
 

Virgo

Senior Member
Dec 23, 2003
4,813
0
0
West of Singapore
www.pbase.com
di0nysus said:
how was the weather? u stayed at angsana? wanted to go too, but heard its monsoon, so went bangkok and phuket etc, also monsoon, but not as heartpain as maldives if kena rain there etc.hee. i've juz came back from patong beach...quite nice, but had quite a bit of rain. : (

looking to go maldives next!
I can only say my wife and I were indeed lucky in July last year. It's just passed monsoon season and we decided to take the Angsana offer. It was still post-SARS period and prices of tour packages were still very low then. I would advice to go for Angsana, as it's smaller than Banyan Tree. Service is much personalised. The rooms are also newer than BT. Anyway, if you want to go BT, there are always boats to and fro from BT to Angsana and vice versa. They're FOC.

We arrived there pretty late, around 10pm. We were pretty worried that weather will spoil everything, as rain had just stopped after a heavy downpour! Luckily for us, the next few days were sunny and clear all the way. :sweat: Only for the last afternoon, it showered for half an hour. We hide ourselves in the SPA huts. Hehe... :D Always good to look healthy and shiny after the tour mah.

If you have visited my website, there're a few shots on the impending rain storm which was taken at Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru. It looked pretty scary with the dark clouds! Notice the sea area covered by the dark clouds was dark blue in colour, while those with sun was sparkling light blue. Every outdoor activity had to stop. Here is one of them:





Well, it really depends on mother nature and luck for such trips. Even during non-monsoon seasons, it will rain for a couple of days straight. Well, I hope you have a good holiday in Maldives soon, and don't forget to take lots of photos and share them here at CS. ;)
 

Status
Not open for further replies.