Malaysian GE: will impacts Singapore adversely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachme2003

Oct 6, 2003
your views?

The result is good for Malaysia in the short term, but if the opposition improves in the next election, and that'll be bad for the country. I strongly believe that BN should have more than 2/3 majority to rule the country properly. This is only a wake up call, and the PM MUST wake up!
As for Singapore, politically it should send a strong message to the gahment not to under-estimate the power of its people. Unpopular decisions has its own tolerance limitation. Try raising another 3% GST in the next election, and having record surplus Budget, and you are in for a surprise......:think: The ERP/traffic jam is also critical as it affects a lot of people. :sweat:

I stayed up till 3am to watch the CNA special on it....
I wonder how it would be like

Too many veterans in BN not wanting to make way for younger generation and fresher ideas. They lack the energy to put good ideas through. Too comfortable in their position, they think they have a gravy train for life.

The DAP has many young faces and have the advantage of the internet this time round. One of my favourite bloggers, Jeff Ooi has been nominated in. Now that is a man with potential to put some cow sense back in the parliament.

If anything, this will be good for Singapore I feel. The DAP and *** actually share quite a few common values.

Will it be good for Malaysia? OF COURSE!! Nothing can be worse than what it is now with crime and corruption ever so high. Time to root out the evil. ITS WEEDING TIME!!!

it is good becos i think they are calling out for a change..

Inflation is also the main reason why people are very unhappy, most malaysians dun earn much..

The result is good for Malaysia in the short term, but if the opposition improves in the next election, and that'll be bad for the country. I strongly believe that BN should have more than 2/3 majority to rule the country properly.
But BN has had 2/3rd majority for 40 years! In my opinion they haven't exactly ruled the country properly during that period.

This result is great as it allows Malaysians to move away from race-based politics.

It's a shift in the landscape. I believe in the long term it will be better for inclusive politics.

Politicians have to wake up and smell the roses, this is not the old days of information control and ease of opinion monopoly.

We, being pragmatic, will work with whoever is in power.

1. Let this be the lesson for any Malaysian government who does not govern for ALL Malaysians.

2. Despite being denied a fair voice in the govenment controlled mass media, internet will rise as a mean for democratic voice for the Malaysian Opposition Parties.

1. Let this be the lesson for any government who does not govern for ALL.

2. Despite being denied a fair voice in the govenment controlled mass media, internet will rise as a mean for democratic voice for the Opposition Parties.

[Apologies to Sion for the copy and edit.]

The result is good for Malaysia in the short term, but if the opposition improves in the next election, and that'll be bad for the country. I strongly believe that BN should have more than 2/3 majority to rule the country properly. This is only a wake up call, and the PM MUST wake up!
As for Singapore, politically it should send a strong message to the gahment not to under-estimate the power of its people. Unpopular decisions has its own tolerance limitation. Try raising another 3% GST in the next election, and having record surplus Budget, and you are in for a surprise......:think: The ERP/traffic jam is also critical as it affects a lot of people. :sweat:

sporean is a different breed - monkey. they only need peanut, prior to election, to buy their vote.
yes even when the erp gantry is build in all hdb estate.

Well, what ever happened to your neighbours. Of course it will affect you. Whether it will be adverse or minimal? It also depend on you too.

As a Malaysian, I think it is called Demoncracy. Good or bad? Time will tell.....

I think the most impt thing is how the malaysian stock market will react to this.

I think we have heard the horror stories many times.... tomorrow we will find out if it is true :)

at no risk to ourselves since our kind neighbours has volunteered to be Guinea pigs

I actually think this is the best result for Malaysia. Lots of ordinary Malaysian across all ethnic divides are fed up with the policies of BN and sought a change. Frankly I see more hope in Malaysia than over here.

I think the most impt thing is how the malaysian stock market will react to this.

I think we have heard the horror stories many times.... tomorrow we will find out if it is true :)

at no risk to ourselves since our kind neighbours has volunteered to be Guinea pigs

Stock market will never determine the will and the power of the common Malaysians for equality, social justice and an uncorrupted and transparent government.

Well, what ever happened to your neighbours. Of course it will affect you. Whether it will be adverse or minimal? It also depend on you too.

As a Malaysian, I think it is called Demoncracy. Good or bad? Time will tell.....

Malaysia Boleh:thumbsup:
A wonderful country for retirement.:)

It is ok.
Do not forget that though they are opposition, they are Malaysians first and they will put their country's interests first.

The impact on Sing is fear is that the trend of a nation's populace to shift to opposition support. This kind of thing can become fashionable.

Certainly when they were watching the live results stream on on TV, it must have crossed our big wigs' minds that what if similar were to happen here some time in future.

So the BN will not be the only ones learning from this result.
Other people from other countries will also learn, what not to allow to happen.

What happen if the government create a super big GRC? :think:

It is ok.
Do not forget that though they are opposition, they are Malaysians first and they will put their country's interests first.

The impact on Sing is fear is that the trend of a nation's populace to shift to opposition support. This kind of thing can become fashionable.

Certainly when they were watching the live results stream on on TV, it must have crossed our big wigs' minds that what if similar were to happen here some time in future.

So the BN will not be the only ones learning from this result.
Other people from other countries will also learn, what not to allow to happen.

And our opposition parties are not Singaporean too? That's a fallacy there.

kudos to the oppo parties there, great improvement! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.