Malaysia PM Abdullah Badawi Getting a taste of commuters' woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

zcf

Apr 10, 2005
270 degree of Singapore
I wonder will Singapore side did try the same or not, especially during peak/rush hours for mrt or bus services. As least to know how bad is the situation.
http://www.straitstimes.com/Asia/Malaysia/Story/STIStory_270609.html
www.straitstimes.com said:
Rush-hour commuters in Kuala Lumpur got a surprise yesterday when they met Prime Minister Abdullah Badawi on the train. He was trying out the inter-city services to get a feel of the problems people faced. Twice, he could not get on board the train he wanted as it was packed, and had to switch trains to complete the trip to the city centre. The one-hour journey left him less than satisfied. 'I'm not happy. This we must fix,' he said

if our leader do the same..........:think:
i got troubled from bukit batok to jurong east, from jurong east to paya leabr......so damn congested......

anyway, when big shots tried taking MRT, think in singapore, SMRT will clear path for them, so they will never got a chance to squeeze like canned food.

i seriously doubt our PM will do that...

thought of waking up early to take the trains early in the morning around 7.30 but how many times a week can i do that, especially when i live a few bus stops away from the mrt station.
for me the best solution is to take an express bus and pray hard got no traffic jams along the way.

SMRT will have to clear a carriage for heads of state, its a security issue. no security agency will be so foolish to let our PM just join the crowd.

not that S'pore is that dangerous lah, but must be vigilant.

more effective will be video clips of our gracious society in tight situations! :bsmilie:

dun need so big show, just review security recordings for peak hours can liao. just look at us go, trying our best to get into the carriages. like desperate housewifes! :bsmilie:

chiong ah!

Got by-election in Penang lah.

More Wayang is on the way. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Quote from http://www.straitstimes.com/Asia/Malaysia/Story/STIStory_270609.html
"The one-hour journey left him less than satisfied. 'I'm not happy. This we must fix,' he said."

How to fix? The train is small. Train station so inaccessible. I tried to take their train once @ 8am when I visited KL last year. Waited 5 trains for my turn to squeezed in.:thumbsd: Nearly missed my bus to Singapore.

Eeerrrrrr.....

dun need so big show, just review security recordings for peak hours can liao. just look at us go, trying our best to get into the carriages. like desperate housewifes! :bsmilie:

chiong ah!

If there are so many desperate housewifes ridng MRT, then more Ah Peh will also want to ride it also. :bsmilie:

Last edited:
Quote from http://www.straitstimes.com/Asia/Malaysia/Story/STIStory_270609.html
"The one-hour journey left him less than satisfied. 'I'm not happy. This we must fix,' he said."

How to fix? The train is small. Train station so inaccessible. I tried to take their train once @ 8am when I visited KL last year. Waited 5 trains for my turn to squeezed in.:thumbsd: Nearly missed my bus to Singapore.

Eeerrrrrr.....

I think like so many other cities in the world, they are trying to balance the peak and the non-peak.

I moved around KL in non-peak hours in my last visit last year. Not so many people lah. Can put my camera bag and tripods on the seat also. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

if our leader do the same..........:think:
i got troubled from bukit batok to jurong east, from jurong east to paya leabr......so damn congested......

anyway, when big shots tried taking MRT, think in singapore, SMRT will clear path for them, so they will never got a chance to squeeze like canned food.

get serious, since when you see ministers on mrt that wasnt pre-arrange by the company to ensure they are spotless in the operation.

and since when you see ministers board the train during rush hours? else how to tell the citizens we have world class transport system, so you dont need a car if he/she cant even board the train during rush hour?

it is the same for companies what, VVIPs visiting the company, must normal operation to clean up the place, get painters to repaint whats needed. all rejects from the line must hide. planner will schedule less order during the visit but all have to pretend its normal operations. it all too familiar.

personally I think its just a publicity stun.

And I don't think its appropriate for a PM to have to intervene personally to solve such problems. If so, what is the Transport minister for? :dunno:

get serious, since when you see ministers on mrt that wasnt pre-arrange by the company to ensure they are spotless in the operation.

and since when you see ministers board the train during rush hours? else how to tell the citizens we have world class transport system, so you dont need a car if he/she cant even board the train during rush hour?

it is the same for companies what, VVIPs visiting the company, must normal operation to clean up the place, get painters to repaint whats needed. all rejects from the line must hide. planner will schedule less order during the visit but all have to pretend its normal operations. it all too familiar.

It's WORLD CLASS.... for them to say.... ask them to try lor... then see world class or not....

sounds like the movie i watch.. Just Follow law! lol

ever notice newer trains have fewer seats? they are heeding calls for a more inclusive society.

inclusive society = more crowded trains! :bsmilie:

And I don't think its appropriate for a PM to have to intervene personally to solve such problems. If so, what is the Transport minister for? :dunno:

The transport minister is selling MRT tickets of course. :bsmilie:

Although it's obviously a publicity stun, but last I heard since Mly PM visited the IC/Passport/Immigration department, it delay had been much improved. Although his claim to reduce corruption doesn't seem to improve much :sweat:

u really understand what i posted??:bsmilie:

Singapore PM doesn't need to do any of that because Singapore's transport system is already so bloody efficient. I studied for 3 years in london and worked for a few months in Hong Kong. Of the 3 cities Singapore's transport system beats the other 2 cities hands down. The only thing i prefer about the London and HK system are the 24 hour buses.

so efficient that some need to miss a few buses or mrt trains during peak hours. That's real bloody efficient :rolleyes:

Some more have to squeeze like sardine sometime, or wait for more than half an hour occasionally, consider how small and compact Sinagpore is.

Status
Not open for further replies.