Jan 17, 2002
ClubSNAP
simon.clubsnap.org
Canon EOS D30 with Sigma 14mm f/2.8

aac.jpg

aby.jpg

acj.jpg

acr.jpg

wow simon, u went there for? with school children???
i like the orang utan shot

Simon you got Sigma lens? Now Red Dawn can sneer u back
:D Pics look good. Did u do any *post*-processing?;p

Originally posted by tomshen
Simon you got Sigma lens? Now Red Dawn can sneer u back
:D Pics look good. Did u do any *post*-processing?;p

nope, i didn't shapen any of the photos, convert them directly to jpeg using BreezeBrowser, it should look much better if i sharpen them.

Well, Red Dawn Si-MA diffrence lah, his one not sharp one ... hmm, or was it his eye not sharp..... ekekek ;p

Originally posted by Simon

Well, Red Dawn Si-MA diffrence lah, his one not sharp one ... hmm, or was it his eye not sharp..... ekekek ;p
LOL, u don't forget to joke on him at any minute. poor Red Dawn:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Originally posted by Simon

nope, i didn't shapen any of the photos, convert them directly to jpeg using BreezeBrowser, it should look much better if i sharpen them.

seriously though all your recent postings with the Sigma 14 are very soft. are u so lazy now to even do a little unsharp mask? :D

Post processing with a DSLR (or anything involving digital work eg scanning) is a must. Otherwise, even the best lenses will give u soft pictures with no punch due to the Bayer interpolation occuring in the CMOS sensor.

We now have all of the available tools and techniques available to us in colour photography that were once only open to traditional black and white practitioners. Use them!

Originally posted by Red Dawn

seriously though all your recent postings with the Sigma 14 are very soft. are u so lazy now to even do a little unsharp mask? :D

Post processing with a DSLR (or anything involving digital work eg scanning) is a must. Otherwise, even the best lenses will give u soft pictures with no punch due to the Bayer interpolation occuring in the CMOS sensor.

We now have all of the available tools and techniques available to us in colour photography that were once only open to traditional black and white practitioners. Use them!

Aiya, if the lens is soft har, no amount of USM wil help one lar. :D

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

Aiya, if the lens is soft har, no amount of USM wil help one lar. :D

Regards
CK

The only thing i like about Sigma 14mm is, it's very wide and it's f/2.8

At this sharpness level, portraits are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.