Malaca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tupi Guy

Jan 6, 2003
Hi all,

thinking of a short trip to Malaca. Maybe tomorrow.

Anyone have cheap decent hostel to stay? Any camera shop?

Thanks in advance

Anyone went there before? Or anyone from there?

:dunno:

You can't go wrong with the Travellers Lodge. :thumbsup:
Its located somewhere near the big shopping mall there.(sorry I forgot the street name)

Very very popular with travellers.
Clean hostel, clean rooms and cheap. Communal toilets and showers.

There is a cosy communal living room area where you can watch TV and chit-chat with other travellers.

I paid abt $15-20 RM for a single room with fan last year.

Look for Malek and Khairul, very friendly guys.....

If I'm going back, I'll stay there again for sure !!!:)

If the place is fully-booked, they may direct you to the Travelling Inn Guesthouse which is directly opposite them. Looks cosy to me when I took a peek.......

Hope this helps.....

I am thinking of going for a short getaway too, whats nice at Malacca? I last went there like 10 years ago
:sweatsm:

Hmm....actually i prefer Penang to Malacca. But Malacca is easier to explore on foot. Many ppl will recommend the famous chicken rice ball...

Just walk across the bridge opposite Studhuys, and you will come to a restaurant called Chong Hwa(hope i spelled it right) and another further down called Hoe Kee. they are the expert of chicken rice ball.

There is a dessert shop somehere in little india. Very nice !!! And the uncle is very friendly too. If you wanna shoot him, just ask politely. He might even show you his prized laminated newpaper cut-out of his shop...;)

Other than food, just enjoy exploring around and taking your time....to me, that's the most enjoyable....:D

I first went to Malacca in 1991 and recently returned and was very disappointed. The old town seems to have lost all it's charm and the antique shops are making way for shops that sell tourist junk. We were going to stay overnight but decided to drive back the same day instead.

If you've never been then I am sure there is enough there to interest you for a couple of days but I won't be rushing back...

Ah_Seng said:
You can't go wrong with the Travellers Lodge. :thumbsup:
Its located somewhere near the big shopping mall there.(sorry I forgot the street name)

Very very popular with travellers.
Clean hostel, clean rooms and cheap. Communal toilets and showers.

There is a cosy communal living room area where you can watch TV and chit-chat with other travellers.

I paid abt $15-20 RM for a single room with fan last year.

Look for Malek and Khairul, very friendly guys.....

If I'm going back, I'll stay there again for sure !!!:)

If the place is fully-booked, they may direct you to the Travelling Inn Guesthouse which is directly opposite them. Looks cosy to me when I took a peek.......

Hope this helps.....

It really helps alot, pal.

Thanks alot. Will keep it in mind.

icarus said:
I am thinking of going for a short getaway too, whats nice at Malacca? I last went there like 10 years ago
:sweatsm:

Want to join me?

Phildate said:
I first went to Malacca in 1991 and recently returned and was very disappointed. The old town seems to have lost all it's charm and the antique shops are making way for shops that sell tourist junk. We were going to stay overnight but decided to drive back the same day instead.

If you've never been then I am sure there is enough there to interest you for a couple of days but I won't be rushing back...

Not to worry too much about the interest places. Cos i am sure it all new to me and it will be interesting. My last visit was when i am Pri 6. :embrass:

adamadam said:
mmm I want to go Malacca, but I've got an exam tomorrow! aaahaaaaa :(

I am going there Sat early morning and coming back sunday nite.

U still can consider. ;)

make sure u take the ferry ride along the melaka river. that's a gd one.

photografixed said:
make sure u take the ferry ride along the melaka river. that's a gd one.

Ok, will keep it in mind. Thanks

Ah_Seng said:
Hmm....actually i prefer Penang to Malacca. But Malacca is easier to explore on foot. Many ppl will recommend the famous chicken rice ball...

Just walk across the bridge opposite Studhuys, and you will come to a restaurant called Chong Hwa(hope i spelled it right) and another further down called Hoe Kee. they are the expert of chicken rice ball.

There is a desert shop somehere in little india. Very nice !!! And the uncle is very friendly too. If you wanna shoot him, just ask politely. He might even show you his prized laminated newpaper cut-out of his shop...;)

Other than food, just enjoy exploring around and taking your time....to me, that's the most enjoyable....:D

Ok, i will try to keep a look out :)

What a day....... :cry:

Cant believed it just happen to me. Couldnt get a 2-way ticket for the wkend malaca trip.

Now have to change it to next wkend......

Btw, anyone interested to go too?

Hey Tupi Guy,

just go to Lakin and buy a bus-ticket anytime. Get the red Mayang something bus...and when you reach Malacca, just buy your return ticket there.

Ah_Seng said:
Hey Tupi Guy,

just go to Lakin and buy a bus-ticket anytime. Get the red Mayang something bus...and when you reach Malacca, just buy your return ticket there.

I tot of that oso, just go to johore and take a bus up but i not very familiar with it.

And if i get ticket from golden will be easier as it very near my house. Now i am check all services from golden mile. Looking for those have a later timing for return. Cos some of them return time is 1pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.