Making it in New York?

Status
Not open for further replies.
great move. opportunities r much bigger there & there r many more things not "red tabbed". lots of loop holes too, i heard. ;) u thinking of being a "quiter"? :bsmilie: if only i have no committment here.... :embrass:

wha which photographer?....i also want to move to new york...

l---e lee yeah?
whats the first name? where you guys read it?

so he says lar :p

anybody can go NY..... but whether NY dudes take u up is another story ;)

good lah.. should support anybody with this sort of endeavour. The difficulty is not just in succeeding there, but also to leave everything behind and start from scratch elsewhere... think this sort of spirit is commendable..

so wish him all the best! ;)

nightwolf75 said:
:bsmilie: naughty naughty pl... :bsmilie:

its true mar.....general statement wad :angel:

:sticktong

I'm very curious to know what does a person do when he reaches NY? I mean in terms of photography? Join a studio? Start one from scratch in an unfamiliar place?

I truly admire and salute people who have what it takes and dares to make such a bold move. The spirit of entrepreneurship is hard to find these days. True enough that success is not guaranteed. But I've always believe that not trying means 0% in success and 100% guarantee in failure.

Sion said:
Some people say it is easier for a Photographer from Singapore making it in New York than a photographer from New York making it in Singpore.

Don't know true or not?

Yeah, I've always thought this could be the case, but no one to seek advice from on this issue. Saw a professional 10 mth course offered in a prestigious photography school in NY. Not cheap considering the standard of living there. Too bad no kakis there or else can ask more.

Sion said:
Don't be afraid to think big.

If you are young, you have time on your side.

Being mature and mddle age can also be seen as an asset. When I was young, could not even think about life goals :bsmilie: and was far less of a business minded individual. Hence, maturity and enthusiasm would count a lot too. It all comes down to willing to make sacrifices.

snowspeeder said:
I'm very curious to know what does a person do when he reaches NY? I mean in terms of photography? Join a studio? Start one from scratch in an unfamiliar place?

I truly admire and salute people who have what it takes and dares to make such a bold move. The spirit of entrepreneurship is hard to find these days. True enough that success is not guaranteed. But I've always believe that not trying means 0% in success and 100% guarantee in failure.

Do your groundwork before departure. A lot could be achieved through emails, link to your on-line portfolio and research on overseas clients through internet.

Well if you want to be amongst the best, NYC is one of the places to be. Good luck to him. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.