Makeshift tripod??

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamergod

Feb 9, 2009
Fratton Park, Portsmouth
Hi I am trying to enter a competition and came out with the idea for my shot.The problem is,it uses long shutter speed (30seconds).But I just need a tripod for just that shot as I'm into street photography.Its just nearby my house like a 1 minute walk away.Is there anyway to use a household item as a tripod that when i carry wont paiseh or do I have to rent one

Although u can rest ur camera on some sturdy objects like tables etc, but the positioning might not be the most optimal depending on ur locality, why not borrow one from ur friends who shoot.

At the moment I have no inking of an aesthetical substitutes for a tripod though

In the long term u might get one with adequate budget.

Ryan

Hi I am trying to enter a competition and came out with the idea for my shot.The problem is,it uses long shutter speed (30seconds).But I just need a tripod for just that shot as I'm into street photography.Its just nearby my house like a 1 minute walk away.Is there anyway to use a household item as a tripod that when i carry wont paiseh or do I have to rent one

Use a ladder? :)

giantcanopy:the place is a pavement and the only thing there is a big tree and lamppost .I dont really have friends into photography.The only person I know only have a monopod
teebs:my house no ladder coz my family dont really use ladder

giantcanopy:the place is a pavement and the only thing there is a big tree and lamppost .I dont really have friends into photography.The only person I know only have a monopod
teebs:my house no ladder coz my family dont really use ladder

if you stay near me, i can give you a cheapo tripod that i bought for my compact.

it is not sturdy, but it could still support my d70 + a 70-300mm zoom.

PM me if you are interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.