Makeover Course No.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pro Image

Oct 31, 2003
Last planet from the sun
Hi everyone,

After the first successful class, I am organizing a second Makeover Studio Course @ Stanley Lim Colour Centre as there were some members who were interested but miss the first intake. ;)

This is not a one time shoot which you learn nothing but a hands on course which I will personally look into everyone's skills. Those venturing into this line, will command a good instant income. Besides making some money you get to shoot too. Why pay your hard earn money and shoot only when you can attend this course and improve your skills. On top of it you still get to shoot 2 models! :D

Here are the details:-

Venue: Stanley Lim Colour Centre (Midlink Plaza, Middle Road)
Instructor: Danny
Course fee:$270 for SLR user and $250 for DSLR users
Models : 1 Female and 1 Male
Film : 1 roll of film is provided for each practical lesson for SLR users only. DSLR users must print their own prints or bring their laptops (includes developing and printing of 3R size for SLR users only)
Time : 7-9pm (Date is not fixed yet but most probably will be every Tuesday night)
Vacancies : 8 (max)
Equipment : DSLR or SLR only with a portrait lens for shooting face and half body. (Those wants to learn but do not have a SLR/DLSR, pls let me know what camera you have)
Lightings : Provide 3 different lightings setups.
Lesson will commence on : 3rd or 10th February

Package: 4 lessons
1st lesson : Learn the basic theory about what makeover is all about. You will be learning on how to coordinate, shoot, compose, pose and communicate with your subjects and setup basic lightings skills.

2nd lesson : Practical course - You will be shooting a Male Model. I will be guiding each every individual on what to look out for. Each Photographer will get to shoot 15 minutes for the first outfit and basic lighting setup. Another 15 minutes for the second different lighting setup.

3rd lesson : Review, critics and comments on the photos taken on your 2nd lessons. I will be advising all of you on what went wrong and how to improve from here. Other comments are welcome.

4th lesson : Practical course - You will be shooting a Female Model. I will be guiding each every individual again on what to look for. Male and Female have different poses. So that is why I have a male and a female.Each Photographer will get to shoot 15 minutes for the first outfit and basic lighting setup. Another 15 minutes for the second different lighting setup.

For you info, models are provided with make-up and hair styling as part of the package. No charge but the class must have min 6 and max 8 photographers.

After the last lesson, those who is interested to bring down their photos individually or as a group will be fine with me. I will be at Stanley Lim Colour Centre (from 1pm to 6pm) for anyone who wants to get their photos review again.

Those interested please proceed to the studio to pay the deposit to Joanne.
You can reach her at 98583502. Please PM after you have paid her so that I can update here.

All students will be giving 1 hour free for usage of studio anytime but must make an appointment. This is will be given after you all finish the course.

"I will personnaly make sure that all students who attend my course will improve their skills in lighting, posing and communcations. If I think they are still unable to reach my standard, I will not pass them until I deem ok. Don't worry there will be no extra charge for this part as I have my own personnal standard I must keep and maintain." :p

Name list
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)

Lessons will start after all 8 vacancies are filled up. So let's start to filling those empty slots. :sweatsm:

Please feel free to make enquiries if there is anything you are not sure of. You can PM me guys and gals.

If you are wondering what's the diff with Makeover Courses and Actual Wedding Day. The reason for my explanation is that this are these are the 2 most popular photoshoots in the market. Some CS members ask me what's the diff.

Well in Makeover Photography you have total control on your lightings, poses and of course your subjects. Learning how to control the basic setups in lightings, poses and commucations with your subjects will make you be able to control many possible situation, let it be indoor or outdoor. The possiblity is endless. If you find the pose of your subject is still not right, there is always a chance of capturing her/him again.

In Actual Wedding Day, you lean towards more the getting your creativity skills and lighting into action. It's more to photojournalism which you capture that moment which only happens in a matter of less than a second. You do get some control but basically in lighting conditions only. Some poses may be repeatable but in some situations, you cannot ask the couple repeat again.

Thanks!

How about a basic studio course for those who don't have any knowledge about lightings and stuff?

junyang said:
How about a basic studio course for those who don't have any knowledge about lightings and stuff?

Well basically this is more like a course. The only differance is this course is meant for those who have some experience in photography. I can modify this course for you if you are a newbie/amatuer/beginner.

As for your case, if you are a beginner who knows nothing about lighting and other stuffs, I will personnaly teach you one on one just for you. You will need to top up another $130.00. I will give you an additional 3 classes (1 session will last about 2 hours) just for you. You will start with me personally and then continue with the rest when the first class starts. I will teach you the basics on exposures, films, lightings and compostions.

If you find this is ok, pls PM me. Thanks.

Name list
1)fantom
2)chug peng aik
3)ydanz
4)barracuda (TBA)
5)
6)
7)
8)

BTW Junyang, still interested in this course?

Name list
1)fantom
2)chug peng aik
3)ydanz
4)barracuda
5)
6)
7)
8)

Anymore takers? 4 places left. This course will not only help you improve your skills in compositions and lighting skills only but more than what you expect.

BTW Junyang, still interested in this course?

1)fantom
2)chug peng aik
3)ydanz
4)barracuda
5) beachbum
6)
7)
8)

What are the pre requisities for this course?
I am very new. Is it still worth joining? :think:

Zooom said:

pardon my ignorance...
fa57f0d3.jpg

well...
if its a studio shoot, make-up are supposed to be enhanced to fill in the high key lightings?
but yr makeup doesnt look catchy to me....

perhaps its jus me.. GAL mah! :angel:

RuthBaby said:
pardon my ignorance...

well...
if its a studio shoot, make-up are supposed to be enhanced to fill in the high key lightings?
but yr makeup doesnt look catchy to me....

perhaps its jus me.. GAL mah! :angel:[/QUOTE]

For your info, this girl without make up is a total plain jane. As you mentioned "make-up are suppose to be enhanced to fill in the high key lightings" So as you can see her make up is pretty heavy. As I have total control over my lightings and makeup, it makes one look natural although with heavy makeup on. So this girl has been enhance already. She really look like another normal girl without make up and hairdo.

Oh another thing, I know you are a girl. So guys look at girls from a very different perspective from a girl. Some may say RuthBaby is good looking, another may say she is just normal. If you are not there to witness a photoshoot, you cannot really judge from the photo.

You must be there to view what the actual shoot, then you know that this girl has been enhance to look naturally good. I can make you look good too but if you give a me chance. I doubt you will anyway as I can sense you are not into this makeover thingy.

It's how you bring the person's character which makes the photos look great. Looking good is not enough without giving them confidence in themselves. Some of my customers come to makeover to boost their moral.

My course is not about making someone look good only. It's about learning how to communicate with your subject, shoot them within a certain time frame and make them look good. Shooting people is one of the most challenging thing in photography. How to make them look naturally beautiful without noticing too much makeup on their face.

Same goes with food photography. For example is how to shoot a burger and french fries which looks delicious as you cannot taste or smell a piece of photo, right?

Thank you for your comments.

Zooom said:

Pls PM me your contact number and I will explain to your further details and pre requisites about this makeover course. Thank you. And yes this is definately a worth while course to attend.

Those who have registered, the class will be commencing on 10th Feb at 7pm. Those who have not, pls PM me your contact no.

beachbum, I need your contact no. and will need to collect a deposit on the 1st week of February.

pureflow said:
make over means to create a different look that is not her normal self. makeover usually overexposed by 0.5-2 stops. (film only) to give the skin a flattering look. customers come in cuz they want the best they can possibly be. or some different that they cant imagine themselves to be.

Thank you Andy. :p

pureflow said:
no problems.

anyway, people should at least go for your workshop, those that shoot with lightings to learn posing also. besides you shoot this more often than i do, you would be better to teach this than me. :)

No worries mate! You graduate from RMIT as well? ;)

Pro Image said:
For your info, this girl without make up is a total plain jane. As you mentioned "make-up are suppose to be enhanced to fill in the high key lightings" So as you can see her make up is pretty heavy. As I have total control over my lightings and makeup, it makes one look natural although with heavy makeup on. So this girl has been enhance already. She really look like another normal girl without make up and hairdo.

Oh another thing, I know you are a girl. So guys look at girls from a very different perspective from a girl. Some may say RuthBaby is good looking, another may say she is just normal. If you are not there to witness a photoshoot, you cannot really judge from the photo.

You must be there to view what the actual shoot, then you know that this girl has been enhance to look naturally good. I can make you look good too but if you give a me chance. I doubt you will anyway as I can sense you are not into this makeover thingy.

It's how you bring the person's character which makes the photos look great. Looking good is not enough without giving them confidence in themselves. Some of my customers come to makeover to boost their moral.

My course is not about making someone look good only. It's about learning how to communicate with your subject, shoot them within a certain time frame and make them look good. Shooting people is one of the most challenging thing in photography. How to make them look naturally beautiful without noticing too much makeup on their face.

Same goes with food photography. For example is how to shoot a burger and french fries which looks delicious as you cannot taste or smell a piece of photo, right?

Thank you for your comments.
Fwah! Power...i agree natural beauty is gd... perhaps its the theme too :)
thanks for yr advice :lovegrin:

pureflow said:
make over means to create a different look that is not her normal self. makeover usually overexposed by 0.5-2 stops. (film only) to give the skin a flattering look. customers come in cuz they want the best they can possibly be. or some different that they cant imagine themselves to be.

the main thing in makeover is communication, how to sweet talk the customer until the ugliest picture turns to their favorite pic. I was the operations Manager and cheif photographer in Glamourshots..
no gd no gd!
their makeup no gd!
no communication!

maybe i was using the singtel voucher 4 yrs ago
lolz!!!!
the one at suntec right? :D

Name list for 10th of February
1)fantom - Confirm
2)chug peng aik - Confirm
3)ydanz - Confirm
4)barracuda - Confirm
5)beachbum - Confirm your contact no. Pls PM me, thanks!
6)rozlink (TBA) - Will contact on 1st Feb
7)zooom (TBA) - Will contact on 1st Feb
8)

Anymore takers? 1 place left. This course will not only help you improve your skills in compositions and lighting skills only but more than what you expect.

BTW Junyang, Yezrah and Gremlin still interested in this course? Let me know Thanks! I will need to open another class if there is more who wants to learn. The 3rd class will start on 12th or 19th February when the 2nd class is fill up. RuthBaby interested in my course? Hehe...... :lovegrin:

Wishing everyone a

:cheergal: HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR & GONG XI FA CAI! :cheergal:

Pro Image said:
Name list for 10th of February
1)fantom - Confirm
2)chug peng aik - Confirm
3)ydanz - Confirm
4)barracuda - Confirm
5)beachbum - Confirm your contact no. Pls PM me, thanks!
6)rozlink (TBA) - Will contact on 1st Feb
7)zooom (TBA) - Will contact on 1st Feb
8)

Anymore takers? 1 place left. This course will not only help you improve your skills in compositions and lighting skills only but more than what you expect.

BTW Junyang, Yezrah and Gremlin still interested in this course? Let me know Thanks! I will need to open another class if there is more who wants to learn. The 3rd class will start on 12th or 19th February when the 2nd class is fill up. RuthBaby interested in my course? Hehe...... :lovegrin:

Wishing everyone a

:cheergal: HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR & GONG XI FA CAI! :cheergal:

i considering leh
lolz
i kind of like decharacter :D

RuthBaby said:
i considering leh
lolz
i kind of like decharacter :D
LOLZ
sorrie
i mis-read yr whole thread
hahaahha
i thot u providing some basic makeup class

:p
thanks!
but i already have knowledge and a number of fashion shoots for my clients liao...

maybe when i get older and need re-freshner course... lolz

happy chinese new yr

RuthBaby said:
LOLZ
sorrie
i mis-read yr whole thread
hahaahha
i thot u providing some basic makeup class

:p
thanks!
but i already have knowledge and a number of fashion shoots for my clients liao...

maybe when i get older and need re-freshner course... lolz

happy chinese new yr

I have a make-up artist who can teach you. Hehe......Not me lah... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.