Makan Places in JB

Status
Not open for further replies.

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
Planet Nikon
Thinking of bringing my parents to JB one day go there enjoy and have some good food, now headache because I'm not too familiar with JB.

Anybody knows where I can get a decent~good meal in JB that's not too far to travel by taxi inside?

I usually go to this kopitiam opposite Rasa Sentosa for it's wildlife dishes.

And sorry hor.. not going to shoot just purely go enjoy session :)

espn said:
Thinking of bringing my parents to JB one day go there enjoy and have some good food, now headache because I'm not too familiar with JB.

Anybody knows where I can get a decent~good meal in JB that's not too far to travel by taxi inside?

I usually go to this kopitiam opposite Rasa Sentosa for it's wildlife dishes.

And sorry hor.. not going to shoot just purely go enjoy session :)

Should ask the locals ;) Anyway, if you are into Nasi Lemak, you can try the one at Taman Universiti. Opens at 5.30 pm and sold out by 7 pm :faint: Cost RM3. It's called Jin1 Hui1 Huang2.

Taxi fare will costs about RM18. Remember to state your fare before the taxi drives off !

ChinShiong said:
Should ask the locals ;) Anyway, if you are into Nasi Lemak, you can try the one at Taman Universiti. Opens at 5.30 pm and sold out by 7 pm :faint: Cost RM3. It's called Jin1 Hui1 Huang2.

Taxi fare will costs about RM18. Remember to state your fare before the taxi drives off !

Fwah $18 will mean that it's pretty far? Hmmmm thanks for the information, I've two malaysians working in my office but they don't know where to eat inside hahaha.. very cute :) so I thought of posting, any more suggestions?

most s'poreans go to the bamboo restaurant, or the hawker centre nearby. bamboo has the best herbal chicken, n the hawker centre has cheap bbq seafood n stuff

Hi Espn.

I know there are a few nice seafood makan places, but quite far from the custom area. Can try Masai. Just get any chinese speaking taxi driver (presuming you are chinese), cost about $15RM. Or a place frequent by singaporean is Taman Tebrau (not sure of the spelling). it's near to Holiday Plaza. Cost $5~$10RM, pending on your bargaining skills. :D

Else, you could get more info by posting on makansutra.com forum.
Enjoy your eating!! :D
Cheers,
Zapline

Wah, thanks thanks for all the valuable input, have jotted down :D

Any more places?

u like to eat smelly beancurd ???? :bigeyes: ....

there's one shop at the seaside ... near custom ... but forgot the name of the shop liao ...

Ooo I don't dare althought I like beancurd though. Heehee.. Thanks for the information.

shuy said:
most s'poreans go to the bamboo restaurant, or the hawker centre nearby. bamboo has the best herbal chicken, n the hawker centre has cheap bbq seafood n stuff

Further down Bamboo restaurant, which is very near The Store, look out for Soon Huat that sells claypot bakuteh. RM3 for single serving, can add variety eg. liver, kiam chye, yutiao, vegetables. Bakuteh with abalone 1 pot about RM90. Along the road, there is this fella selling rambutans, fresh at S$2.00 per kg.
Besides cheap BBQ seafood in the hawker centre, there is also this fella selling homemade kueh kueh, still hot sometimes but only around 5pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.