major news : HP bought over EDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninelives

Jan 16, 2002
BB
ninelives.clubsnap.org
SAN FRANCISCO: The Hewlett-Packard Company, the personal computer and printer maker, said Tuesday that it would acquire the Electronic Data Systems Corporation, the operator of corporate computer systems, for $13.9 billion.

The price of $25 a share would represent a 32.5 percent premium to Electronic Data Systems' closing price of $18.86 on Friday.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/05/13/technology/webhpeds.php

Anyone bought EDS stock??

When SG gov't anounce last Feb. that EDS won the SOE project, the losing bidder HP is very mad. So they said " If you cannot beat them.... BUY them!!! :devil:

When SG gov't anounce last Feb. that EDS won the SOE project, the losing bidder HP is very mad. So they said " If you cannot beat them.... BUY them!!! :devil:

Then you have MOE and MINDEF for the SOE project... who will be the next winner?

Whta will be the implicaton when HP bought EDS....?

Then you have MOE and MINDEF for the SOE project... who will be the next winner?

Whta will be the implicaton when HP bought EDS....?

Watch out for another product being bought over by HP to sustain their manpower right now, probably to complement Neoview?

I have a friend who cannot escape working for HP. He started his career with DEC (Digital Equipment Corporation) in late '80s, in late '90s, Compaq bought over DEC and then HP bought Compaq a few years after that. He left HP 3 years ago and went to EDS and now he is back to HP. :bsmilie:

Do expect a big restructuring within HP and EDS as this is the main reason companies merges.

I have a friend who cannot escape working for HP. He started his career with DEC (Digital Equipment Corporation) in late '80s, in late '90s, Compaq bought over DEC and then HP bought Compaq a few years after that. He left HP 3 years ago and went to EDS and now he is back to HP. :bsmilie:

Do expect a big restructuring within HP and EDS as this is the main reason companies merges.

When companies consolidate, many heads will roll... we cannot have 2 heads in the same product!

It is also an opportunity for companies to get rid of staff which they have difficulty in doing so.... cruel world!

When companies consolidate, many heads will roll... we cannot have 2 heads in the same product!

It is also an opportunity for companies to get rid of staff which they have difficulty in doing so.... cruel world!

Yes, bad news for some EDS staff.

Hmm thought they are recruiting?

if they are recruiting, they are most likely recruiting for new positions for new products tat emerged from the merger...

mergers and buy overs are the best time and chance to get rid of useless corporate junks

Yes, bad news for some EDS staff.

I have seen company doing the reverse! As I had said, it is an opportunity for company to get rid of those who is difficult to remove! The bottom line is always the profit. Loyalty .. etc not as critical as you have to answer to the stake holder!

Yes they are recruiting. Every company is always short of staff.

There was one huge MNC who had a reputation of 'Hire & Fire'. They ended up spending about one million S$ cleaning their image.

There was one huge MNC who had a reputation of 'Hire & Fire'. They ended up spending about one million S$ cleaning their image.

that money must be not spending well enough cos I haven come across this MNC yet.

that money must be not spending well enough cos I haven come across this MNC yet.

It was a lesson learnt. Now the MNCs are more cautious. As you can't tell, you may one day need them.

Just like one of the recent case where the company engaged retired staff to do training.

It was a lesson learnt. Now the MNCs are more cautious. As you can't tell, you may one day need them.

Just like one of the recent case where the company engaged retired staff to do training.

The reason they are surviving is to just grab what are essentials in the market currently. Even if users are not happy with the modules, or pricing.

To change the image, look at the management staff (directors, VPs, CXOs) performance and behaviour, before looking down the food chain.

Status
Not open for further replies.