Maintenance for DSLR

Status
Not open for further replies.

s598719

Oct 27, 2006
Looking for tips on maintenance: how to clean lens, do we use cleaning solution for inside cameras etc.

Looking for tips on maintenance: how to clean lens, do we use cleaning solution for inside cameras etc.

No cleaning fluids inside the camera. A blower is sufficient.

U don't use any cleaning solutions for inside the cam, but only dedicated ones for lens. Keep yr equipment as clean as possible and avoid any water or rain.

For me maintenance wise if really want to do a gd job, i'll send it to the service centre once every year.

Wise man say: "If ain't broke, don't fix it".

Regards,
Arto.

I used to use cleaning fluids almost after every session to ensure that the lenses are clean. But I think I cleaned off the coating on the lenses as well. So now I maintain only a lens pen and a microfibre cloth to clean off dirts when necessary and use blowers only, otherwise.

My canon got this sensor cleaner. So does that mean I do not need to use the blower inside the camera.

canon? sensor cleaner? It's rather useless I think. You may find the sensor cleaner is rather ineffective so if required, you may still need to perform maintenance for the sensor.

i remember there was a post about the anti-dust thing in sensors and apparantly canon doesn't do very well, and the rest aren't any much better.. u still have to clean it urself. get a good blower, should be enough.. there shouldn't be any smudges unless u touch it with a finger or something... there is a product called sensor swab too.. u can find it at cathay.

or else just send it back to the service centre to clean...

Status
Not open for further replies.