Maintaining your camera and lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

chootx

Jan 26, 2009
Jurong West
Hi,

Any suggestions on how to maintain your camera. After every outing, my camera/lens has specks of dust here and there. When the weather is hot, I can feel the heat eminating from my camera too plus sweat from your hands/ moisture and humidity getting onto your stuff.

Today was extremely humid and hot. Normally, I just use the bulb blower to blow away the dust and lens solution and microfiber cloth to wipe the lcd and put them into my digi-cabi. And when i was sitting on a bench, i found an ant crawling over my equipment which I was holding. I immediately flicked the ant away.

I usually wipe the camera and lens down with a damp soft cotton cloth first (less the lens). I have a bit f sweaty palms so i need to get the hand juice out first. Followed by a blower to get rid of the loose dust. For those hard to remove spots, I use either a microfiber cloth or a lens pen. After that, dump in my dry cabinet.

JD

I clean my equipment after every use, then store all inside my dry cabinet. Simple as that.

same here clean and check before keep in dry cabi

Lense - Use blower on dust and Lenspen on stain.

Camera - Lift mirror and use hand blower on Sensor. Clean dust by using a soft brush, dirt with slightly moist cloth (but only when really dirty :sweat:)

Keep in Dry-Cab after cleaning......:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.