Maintaining My Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Datasurge

Aug 3, 2009
Hi There, sorry if it is going to be a stupit questions.

Just got a new DSLR and intent to keep it in tip top condition. I will be being it to genting. is there anything i need to know went i bring my camera to such a humid place.

First thing you need to do is learn how to use the search function on here. Really, your issue has come up many many times already.

Use a dry cloth to wipe it if you think it's dirty and do not wipe the glass if there is sand or debris on it. Blow it off first.

Next, for a short trip, it's ok to keep it in the open or rather in a cool, dry area (air-con rooms are good)

When you are back home, pack your stuff back into the dry cabinet.

Use a dry cloth to wipe it if you think it's dirty and do not wipe the glass if there is sand or debris on it. Blow it off first.

Next, for a short trip, it's ok to keep it in the open or rather in a cool, dry area (air-con rooms are good)

:thumbsup: Agree with Zac08.

Just rem to use a dry cloth to wipe it after use. Can use a blower to blow off any debris before wiping it.

:D

yup, you can bring your own cleaning kit

that should suffice

if you're still worried

after you trip you can send it in for cleaning :)

Hi There, sorry if it is going to be a stupit questions.

Just got a new DSLR and intent to keep it in tip top condition. I will be being it to genting. is there anything i need to know went i bring my camera to such a humid place.

2 suggestions:
bring a soft cloth to wipe the lens due to condensation.
put a pack of thirsty hippo inside ur camera bag (satchet type).

Will your "tip top condition" show up in the pictures? If not than don't waste sleepless night over it. Cameras are meant for usage, not for looking nice.
Whether Genting is more humid or not depends on the actual weather there. No point making a generic statement when the weather in mountain region can change within 1h from "dry&hot" to "heavy rain". Nothing to worry if you just go for a weekend trip, you can save the money for sucking hippos and other creatures, no point at all. Fungus needs more than a weekend at 2000m. Many people brought their cameras to places that were colder, more humid, hotter or otherwise more unfriendly to cameras - and they returned with lots of great pictures.
Go, enjoy, shoot, learn, enjoy, stop worrying.

Hi thanks for the advice from brother here that try to make learning easy. thanks once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.