Mahjong Tiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcon

Jan 18, 2002
Anyone know where can I find cheap mahjong tiles? Just to play for fun, mainly cos read about its health benefits. No need very good quality ones. I have checked out carrefour at Suntec and Giant at Parkway and they no longer have stock. Thanks in advance. :)

Anyone know where can I find cheap mahjong tiles? Just to play for fun, mainly cos read about its health benefits. No need very good quality ones. I have checked out carrefour at Suntec and Giant at Parkway and they no longer have stock. Thanks in advance. :)

hi, people's park complex. 3rd flr, got a few shop. 1st floor, near emporium supermart also got one. got many quality.

superb type quality, no need to see, jus feel the tiles, can already... :)

Health benefits? Please advise on it... I simply love mahjong!:bsmilie:

Health benefits? Please advise on it... I simply love mahjong!:bsmilie:

It is good for brain especially elderly people. :)

hi, people's park complex. 3rd flr, got a few shop. 1st floor, near emporium supermart also got one. got many quality.

superb type quality, no need to see, jus feel the tiles, can already... :)

Went to a shop selling specializes in selling mahjong. Cheapest also above $50. :eek:

Was told that carrefour and giant used to carry them and selling at only $29.90.

Giant having offers for a majong set and a majong table for $28-80 last week .... :sweat:

I paid mine for $280 for a quality set at People's Park .... but my friends said the same set can be had for half the price in Hong Kong ....

Last edited:
Went to a shop selling specializes in selling mahjong. Cheapest also above $50. :eek:

Was told that carrefour and giant used to carry them and selling at only $29.90.
cant be right.. the cheapest should be 20-30 dollars iirc. The cheapest tiles are those that's 2 colours tiles.. In truth, i won't buy the very cheap type as it might split if you accidentally drop it and the colour will fade a little after much use. Also, choosing a smaller size tile will be cheaper.. Largest i think is A1, then A2,A3 etc..

IIRC, Giant seems to have sold mahjong sets too...

complete with table and mahjong... i think under 50

I saw at shop & save selling MJ with a table like 30+ dollar during new year period dunno have or not now.

If u are a serious mahjong player, the money that u win or lose in 1 game is about the cost of the whole mahjong set already.

City Plaza (P.Lebar) also has a few shops. I think quite cheap. Didn't really check the prices.

Golden Landmark Hotel also got one shop that sells mahjong sets

cant be right.. the cheapest should be 20-30 dollars iirc. The cheapest tiles are those that's 2 colours tiles.. In truth, i won't buy the very cheap type as it might split if you accidentally drop it and the colour will fade a little after much use. Also, choosing a smaller size tile will be cheaper.. Largest i think is A1, then A2,A3 etc..

If tiles too small, not shiok, cannot "feel" the tiles. ;p

i think my skin too thick, cannot feel the tiles even though i have been trying the last 5 years..

only thing i can feel is "bai ban". haha.

to TS: get a good set. dun just get any lousy set, as MJ is very addictive, and soon you will be using it soo much, you will regret not getting a good set in the first place.. haha.

If u are a serious mahjong player, the money that u win or lose in 1 game is about the cost of the whole mahjong set already.
haha .... CNY, many are in the 1Ds league :sweatsm::bsmilie::sweat:

get the best one...

DSC_7823.jpg

What a nice set of .........mahjong tiles.

Thanks for the all the inputs so far.

Just to clarify. It is just for leisure and I have no intention of gambling. In fact, as of now, I still dunno how to play it. :embrass: My main intention is to play with my grandma as I have read it is good for elderly pple as it helps to stimulate brain activitiy. :)

Last edited:
What a nice set of .........bangles :lovegrin:

Thanks for the all the inputs so far.

Just to clarify. It is just for leisure and I have no intention of gambling. In fact, as of now, I still dunno how to play it. :embrass: My main intention is to play with my grandma as I have read it is good for elderly pple as it helps to simulate brain activitiy. :)

I used to play with my grandma while she was still around, it does help with the brain activity. We had to simplify the game rules to make sure its not out of her reach. Its a good bonding activity.

On a related note, you can also consider getting her a Nintendo DS if she is into such stuff and her eyesight is not bad. I got my parents one and they really enjoyed the simple card games.

Status
Not open for further replies.