MAHA or SANYO charger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

i120D

Jan 12, 2005
(at the same price range) MAHA has 'cool charging', SANYO has 'refreshing'......
both are said to be good to rechargable battery's life..... but which to get?
understand hard to give quantitative data, unless you really spend the effort..... can pls share opinion on how to decide which to get?

maha charger.. better support and technology.

I have both (the Sanyo is the one with the refresh). The Maha on slow charge mode (obviously) takes longer than the Sanyo (which doesn't allow you to set the charing duration) but the batteries are much cooler after charging. The ones charged in the Sanyo are EXTREMELY hot, so much so that you can't even hold them. The Sanyo charger also makes some kinda weird sound when it's charging (loud enough to be heard a few meters away in a quiet room) while the Maha is totally silent.

Denosha said:
I have both (the Sanyo is the one with the refresh). The Maha on slow charge mode (obviously) takes longer than the Sanyo (which doesn't allow you to set the charing duration) but the batteries are much cooler after charging. The ones charged in the Sanyo are EXTREMELY hot, so much so that you can't even hold them. The Sanyo charger also makes some kinda weird sound when it's charging (loud enough to be heard a few meters away in a quiet room) while the Maha is totally silent.
AFAIK slow charging is better than fast charging. Slow charging extend battery life, and battery's capacity is (more) full than fast charging.

Regards,
Arto.

thanks for all the replies. :)
so, can i put is as 'cooly charged' is more worthy than 'refresh' (issit the 'discharge before charging')?

Having 'cool' batteries is important as the heat can damage the cells over time...

Get a Maha charger with COOL and Refresh! :)

Eg. C204W, C401FS, C801D...etc.

FilterFunk said:
just to double check..

can i charge a maha battery on a sanyo charger and vice versa? :dunno:

should be alright. im charging my powerex 2700's on my sony charger :)

i120D said:
thanks for all the replies. :)
so, can i put is as 'cooly charged' is more worthy than 'refresh' (issit the 'discharge before charging')?

The Maha MH-C801D has both the conditioning discharge (refresh?) as well as 'soft' charge. Could be what you are looking for in a single charger. :) Priced at $129 though. ;p

FilterFunk said:
just to double check..

can i charge a maha battery on a sanyo charger and vice versa? :dunno:

shdn't be a problem.. but i would suggest getting maha charger. i used to own sanyo charger then i totally gave up switching over fully to maha.. it's got significant improvement.

I noticed that my sanyo refresh charger produces a hissing sound when it's charging. Very scared that it's going to explode. Is this sound normal?

Sausage said:
I noticed that my sanyo refresh charger produces a hissing sound when it's charging. Very scared that it's going to explode. Is this sound normal?

Mine also ......... i guess it is normal as i read it from somewhere

get Maha from wcube, adelphi..

Status
Not open for further replies.