Maha charger help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

+evenstar

My Maha charger seems to have a problem. As this charger charges each battery individually, there are 4 LED indicators. However, I found out that there's one indicator that keeps on showing the red light, which means that the battery is still charging. This problem occurs even though I leave the batteries charging overnight, hence I'm not sure whether this is a problem with the LED indicator or the charger...

Anyone knows what may be the problem? Or should I just go back to EastGear to change one? (FYI, I've already had a change of chargers 3 weeks ago as my previous maha charger also had a problem, and this is the new copy :confused: )

+evenstar said:
My Maha charger seems to have a problem. As this charger charges each battery individually, there are 4 LED indicators. However, I found out that there's one indicator that keeps on showing the red light, which means that the battery is still charging. This problem occurs even though I leave the batteries charging overnight, hence I'm not sure whether this is a problem with the LED indicator or the charger...

Anyone knows what may be the problem? Or should I just go back to EastGear to change one? (FYI, I've already had a change of chargers 3 weeks ago as my previous maha charger also had a problem, and this is the new copy :confused: )

Try charging the same battery in another slot. Sometime, its the battery.

+evenstar said:

Did u select the FAST charge mode or SLOW mode (switch is on the side of the charger)? Shouldn't take more than 2hrs or so to fully charge ur batt (based on Mi-NH 2500)...

My set didn't have this prob... if this persists, probably better to send it back to Eastgear to replace it... Good luck.. :)

Same thing happened to mine ... I just unplug, make sure it's on "slow" charge, swap the batteries around, and re-insert into the plug. Been ok for me so far, and I like having the individual charging channels.

East Gear has run out of Maha chargers - coming in at the end of the month. Anybody know where else to get one?

Just got mine today @ TK Foto :thumbsup:

so is Maha, Sanyo or Eastgear chargers the best for AA-sized 2500mah NiMH batteries? need to get one soon from Eastgear to replace my cranky Sony charger and make the decision quick.

Dun you guys think that the 2500 batteries from Sanyo are a bit bigger than normal? I seems not to be able to fit it nicely onto my lightbox :(

Jia Wang said:
Did u select the FAST charge mode or SLOW mode (switch is on the side of the charger)? Shouldn't take more than 2hrs or so to fully charge ur batt (based on Mi-NH 2500)...

My set didn't have this prob... if this persists, probably better to send it back to Eastgear to replace it... Good luck.. :)

if on slow mode, can it still charge sanyo 2500 AA batteries within 2 hrs? i realised all my sanyo 2100 sets r takin more den 4 hrs :cry:

if on slow mode, it cannot charge a fully discharged Sanyo 2500 AA battery within 2 hours. Mine takes around 8 hours on slow mode (usually charge it overnight).

oh oki yeap yeap it's abt tat time. :p i tot my charger/batts spoilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.