Magnum Photographer: Bruce Gilden

Status
Not open for further replies.
doesn't he need a model release or something?

think the people on the streets of nyc cant be bothered by that, too busy i guess.
What if it's an asian who does that, what will happen?

I was wondering, how he focus so fast?

manual cam focus, he shoots at a pre-fixed distance according to his setting. Correct me if im wrong.

wah lau..something about him bugs me man...so self centred, getting in the faces of people and actually scolding them when they happen to smile

He is using a Leica M rangefinder camera, should be around 21mm lens by the way he is so close to the subject, the lens is set at pre focus, since he is shooting at an arm length with his subject.

despite what i perceive to be a somewhat unethical way of shooting, he does generate some interesting photos

Ya, the pictures are nice.
Lets try it.
lol.

in NY, nobody will help you if you happen to collapse on the street, so his way of street shooting will work.

if anyone try this in SG, either end up in Police station, hospital or IMH in less than 1 hour.

....if anyone try this in SG, either end up in Police station, hospital or IMH in less than 1 hour.

But the lawyers in Kopitiam will tell us it's okay to shoot people on the streets in this peaceful island. :bsmilie:

Of course the doctors in Kopitiam will tell us how to treat the injuries. :bsmilie:

And the Pro in Kopitiam will teach us how to shoot it. :bsmilie:

you try that on the wrong group, wrong time, good luck to you. Sometimes luck and persistent do paid off.

But the lawyers in Kopitiam will tell us it's okay to shoot people on the streets in this peaceful island. :bsmilie:

Of course the doctors in Kopitiam will tell us how to treat the injuries. :bsmilie:

in this case, shall we organize a street shooting in Geylang? that will be very fun. LOL

And the wanabe will point the camera in people's face.

And the people's will point their fist on the wanabe face.

And this is street shooting.

in this case, shall we organize a street shooting in Geylang? that will be very fun. LOL

Who wants to lead the group carrying a red flag saying "CS Photographers" ?

PicForNewsletterJapan2005GoldenPavilionTourGroup.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.