Maglite LED flashlight mod: Has anyone tried a Terralux TLE-5 Ministar2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kahheng

Jan 20, 2002
bride.ru
I am looking to upgrade my 2AA Mini Mag that I almost never use because I think the battery runs out too quick.

Has anyone tried this Terralux module? Comments welcome. :)

i have 2 pieces of MiniStar2 (http://www.terralux.biz/products/ministar2.php), one in my regular 2xAA sized mini maglite and 1 in my 1xAA micro maglite.

Coupled with the supplied parabolic reflector, they are able to provide real long service life. battery life is the rated 6x more longer than incandescent light bulbs. even the battery voltage runs extremely low, it's still able to pump out sufficient brightness, far brighter than conventional ones.

a good replacement for the maglite bulbs. :thumbsup:

PS: thanks to ur recommendation, bought the canare 4S11 liao. :)

user12343 said:
i have 2 pieces of MiniStar2 (http://www.terralux.biz/products/ministar2.php), one in my regular 2xAA sized mini maglite and 1 in my 1xAA micro maglite.

Coupled with the supplied parabolic reflector, they are able to provide real long service life. battery life is the rated 6x more longer than incandescent light bulbs. even the battery voltage runs extremely low, it's still able to pump out sufficient brightness, far brighter than conventional ones.

a good replacement for the maglite bulbs. :thumbsup:

PS: thanks to ur recommendation, bought the canare 4S11 liao. :)

Hello 12343

Thanks for your input. I just ordered one, together with the click switch tail cap. ;-)

Glad you like the Canares. ;-)

I just discovered another supplier of LED upgrades who have something usable for my 2AA Maglite: Lambda Lights

Their Maglite upgrades are much cheaper than the Terralux modules (USD$8!!! for a complete kit with reflector and new mineral glass front).

The upgrade process is just a smidgeon more complicated and there's no voltage regulating circuit involved however. :)

BTW, I have started using the Terralux Ministar in my 10 year old Maglite. It's an amazing upgrade. The click on/off tailcap is a nice addition too.

Status
Not open for further replies.