Magic tricks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianpaice

Deregistered
Apr 28, 2006
Anyone here into magic tricks?

I want to learn magic too - how to take money out of an empty hat. :thumbsup:

try this website if you are interested. :)

http://themagichall.com/

There's quite a lot of stuff in there, the in-shop magician is very friendly and is willing to show you some tricks if you ask nicely.
Although you will need to pay a fee to learn the tricks though.. hehe

there are lots of resources on the net... though some are not exactly ethical...;p

i learnt from the late tan bah chee at a course conducted by him, many moons ago.

One trick I always remember my ex-army mate performed in front of the whole platoon was him taking a crushed empty soft drink can from the bin, and miraculously the can will just uncrumble and fill up with the soft drink in his hands. And he will then pop open the can and drink from the can.. I can never figure out how he did it.. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

I can make money dissappear really fast!

:bsmilie::bsmilie:

I hope I can make your money appear in my pocket !
icon11.gif

One trick I always remember my ex-army mate performed in front of the whole platoon was him taking a crushed empty soft drink can from the bin, and miraculously the can will just uncrumble and fill up with the soft drink in his hands. And he will then pop open the can and drink from the can.. I can never figure out how he did it.. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

forgot what thats called, healing can or something. its a cousin of the trick sinful (putting a coin through a sealed can drink). both are simple yet powerful illusions.

yup im into magic tricks. why leh you want to learn is it?

if you learn the series of card manipulation then after that you can crack almost every card trick already. you wont ever feel awed by another card trick, which is sad, it deprives you of the enjoyment of being fooled by a magician. :(

Magic tricks are mainly illusions using the slide of hand Technique. The hand must be faster than the eye.

One part of magic uses mathematics to fool the brain.

;)

forgot what thats called, healing can or something. its a cousin of the trick sinful (putting a coin through a sealed can drink). both are simple yet powerful illusions.

if you learn the series of card manipulation then after that you can crack almost every card trick already. you wont ever feel awed by another card trick, which is sad, it deprives you of the enjoyment of being fooled by a magician. :(

its called the healed and sealed soda... there are books that you can buy in borders or kinokuniya that teaches some tricks...
check this out http://forums.singaporemagiccircle.com/index.php

its called the healed and sealed soda... there are books that you can buy in borders or kinokuniya that teaches some tricks...
check this out http://forums.singaporemagiccircle.com/index.php

anyone knows how to make a person float? that is something that still puzzles me. How does David Copperfield manage to float for so long....

wires and cables.

The funny part about the healed and sealed trick is that many sites have sprouted up trying to sell this magic trick. I even came across one site which has such a poorly done demo video that you can even see the black marker ink on the guy's thumb after he "resealed" it! LOL!

how about you teach me, i pay you some fee lor...hehehe

One trick i wan to learn shown at Magic Hall:

magician poked a pencil thru a $10 note with paper and when he unfold, the note is ok!

Anyone know this trick?

Actually don't really need to teach one, sometimes you can see how they do it - especially those lousy magicians where they are not fast enough :)

Card tricks requires fast eyes.

Other tricks require a suspicious mind and some thought.

how about you teach me, i pay you some fee lor...hehehe

For the can trick, its quite simple. Basically, poke a hole, drain out some coke and crush the can. Use a black marker to colour the lid or paste a black paper on the lid. Plant the can. Pick up the can later, pretend to shake it while covering the hole with your finger. Excess pressure will reinflate the can. Wipe off the black ink or take away the paper, and then open the lid - viola - pour out the coke.

Now where should I send the invoice? HEHEH :p *joking*

Status
Not open for further replies.