Magic The Gathering

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivor

Jan 26, 2002
SINGAPOUR
Visit site
Anyone here who is a Magic The Gathering player...??

hi brother ivor!

i was a player when they had this LEGENDS and alpha beta series... the moxes... revised edition... Fallen Empire... etc.

now, nope.
too old for all these la...
:bsmilie:

it's :cheers: time!!

well brother!

as early as me?
the first and second version with all the good stuff... the moxes? the legends card with black borders?

haha... those were the good days when moxes was very much craved for! and those Dual Land cards...

now i think our retro cards are nothing comparable to what some of the new generation of players have in their decks...

but still, our cards do have some value left??

its' :cheers: time!!

Originally posted by ivor
Anyone here who is a Magic The Gathering player...??
Yo! U played this game?

Hmm... Dun seem like much leh dis game. Wad's the 'draw point' abt dis game? Laz time walk past Bishan MRT see those RI boys playing and took a peep. Not like the good old 'Snap' or 'Heart Attack'. They are like exchanging cards or wad....

Hmm... Exchange cards exciting meh? :dunno:

Originally posted by jsbn
Yo! U played this game?

Hmm... Dun seem like much leh dis game. Wad's the 'draw point' abt dis game? Laz time walk past Bishan MRT see those RI boys playing and took a peep. Not like the good old 'Snap' or 'Heart Attack'. They are like exchanging cards or wad....

Hmm... Exchange cards exciting meh? :dunno:

its a very intellectual game.
ok, not very. but still intellectual. you need to think in this game.
ok, most games requires some thinking anyway! hahaa

oh ok, these cards have value.... financial wise...
these cards can cost up to some hundred for a RARE card.

if u wana know wat's the craze about, then it would be best to join in the fun to really feel for urself and bettr understand it.

yar, dual lands and moxes. i wonder if they still hv value :D
my fav is still shivan dragon and the angel thingie.

serra angel?

wow... that's so classic...
the alpha and beta series are the best...
there's this text mistake on the Serra Angel card and if i remember correctly, its something to do with "attacking does not cause Serra Angel to tap"

but the Revised and the 4th edition changed that...

i think so la... i mean its been years!!!!! 10 over years!! no joke!

Magic has been around for so long!
more than a decade!!!!

:cheers:

4 to 5 years since I played...

That time was fifth ed liao... Expansions were Tempest, Stronghold, Exodus... Actually went to join a few type 2 tournaments... They used to have them at Serene Centre on one of the weeknights.

Quite sian... The bad thing abt it was WOTC released an expansion every few months... It became big strain on the wallet and eventually I stopped spending money on them...

Love red... Played with a sligh deck, ball lightnings and lightning bolts... Loved the dragons... Shivan can pump until shiok shiok... Rathi 4th turn got 5/5 dragon liao.

Building decks and trying them out were really fun. I think I had great fun in the beginning when I was playing with those starter decks and all... Then later things got more serious the passion sorta died down.

A silly card nameed "Black Lotus" will cost about USD$250 3 years back. Those were the days. Hypnotic Scepter and that Serra Angel(White) are some great cards. But I prefer to play red...use "Incineration" and burn yr opponents away unless he got that reflecting card from the Blue Deck.

Expensive collection...

No lah, still there...

Originally posted by sadness
serra angel?

wow... that's so classic...
the alpha and beta series are the best...
there's this text mistake on the Serra Angel card and if i remember correctly, its something to do with "attacking does not cause Serra Angel to tap"

but the Revised and the 4th edition changed that...

i think so la... i mean its been years!!!!! 10 over years!! no joke!

Magic has been around for so long!
more than a decade!!!!

Yeah, Red is my favorite color, have one spell deck, superb fast in making the opponent lost 20 in the short time. Thunderbolt is one of my favorite card, not forgeting Ball Lighting.

Originally posted by ~Radish~
A silly card nameed "Black Lotus" will cost about USD$250 3 years back. Those were the days. Hypnotic Scepter and that Serra Angel(White) are some great cards. But I prefer to play red...use "Incineration" and burn yr opponents away unless he got that reflecting card from the Blue Deck.

Expensive collection...

It is not a cheap hobby, spent a lot of money buying cards then... Pro players pull their luggage full of cards to tornament. Their luggages of cards are worth the same value as some of our camera system.

Originally posted by Meanie
4 to 5 years since I played...

That time was fifth ed liao... Expansions were Tempest, Stronghold, Exodus... Actually went to join a few type 2 tournaments... They used to have them at Serene Centre on one of the weeknights.

Quite sian... The bad thing abt it was WOTC released an expansion every few months... It became big strain on the wallet and eventually I stopped spending money on them...

Love red... Played with a sligh deck, ball lightnings and lightning bolts... Loved the dragons... Shivan can pump until shiok shiok... Rathi 4th turn got 5/5 dragon liao.

Building decks and trying them out were really fun. I think I had great fun in the beginning when I was playing with those starter decks and all... Then later things got more serious the passion sorta died down.

i used to play with White... i haf a pure White deck! haha
with 4 serras... 4 white knights... 4 Swords to wat-share la...forgotten... 4 wat...lions? savanna?

wa.... those were the good old days man... the cards were more or less evenly matched...

and the thing about it being too serious, is real. get too serious, passions run high and egos started to get bruised... blah blah...
its not very good for friendship building i would say...
but Magic is really 1 hell of a game... its really MAGICAL...ABSORBING....

i guess i never grew out of it, i jus move out of it.
i still haf a deck somewhere...and some cards left over...with Doppelganger...Clones... some very good cards back then...

:cheers: to the past!

it's :cheers: time!

hey just one more...

i remember ICE AGE expansion!!

Jester's Mask and Jester's Cap!!!! hahahahaaa

just came to mind brothers...
sorry man... sometimes memory runs so deep and they could really hurt u when u recalled...

Hey, I have those fellows in my White deck too... but then playing using White is very slow, too many gain life spell, and high defend creatures.

While my Blue counter all spells casted. Also rather slow to win the game.

In fact, I used to played Green weanie deck, with all the small tiny creatures that required 1 mana to cast and next round has the opponent lost a life point.

Maybe one day, some of us can meet during SEED, and play MAGIC instead of playing with camera. :devil:

Originally posted by sadness
i used to play with White... i haf a pure White deck! haha
with 4 serras... 4 white knights... 4 Swords to wat-share la...forgotten... 4 wat...lions? savanna?

wa.... those were the good old days man... the cards were more or less evenly matched...

and the thing about it being too serious, is real. get too serious, passions run high and egos started to get bruised... blah blah...
its not very good for friendship building i would say...
but Magic is really 1 hell of a game... its really MAGICAL...ABSORBING....

i guess i never grew out of it, i jus move out of it.
i still haf a deck somewhere...and some cards left over...with Doppelganger...Clones... some very good cards back then...

:cheers: to the past!

it's :cheers: time!

Ehehehehe~ Used to be a white love :) All my decks had white in it so that I could play 4 disenchants, 4 swords to plowshares, 2-3 wrath of gods and 1 balance keke.

Heard the magic scene is very competitive nowadays....and sg is quite well represented in the international magic community.

Anyone keen to bring their decks out for a spin on SEED? :p Type I rules lol

wat is type 1 rules? not levi's hor??

i think is the most early decks?
but now don';t have all those moxes and dual lands... :(

sold them off when i hang-up my magic wand... haha

but do haf a tiny and mini deck left, somewhere... jus need to search around!

are you guys having :cheers: at the SEED?

free flow????

I used to have a black regeneration deck..
where I used those creatures that will return from grave to power up one of my creature to make its strength infinity/infinity :)

i love black too

i haf this black, white pure decks and a mixed red and green and blue deck

but thinking back then, i would have changed the decks abit...
perhaps a blue and red spell deck...

and a white and green deck...

and as for the white? leave it as it is la... SERRA ANGELS!!!

i remember liao

it is sword to plowshares.
wat a card!

Status
Not open for further replies.