Magazine Price difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

zipper

May 27, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
I used to buy Photography Monthly magazine @S$16.xx until I came to see another price @S$11.xx which really shocked me to see such a big difference.

I think the distributor who distributes the magazine at S$16.xx is really too much as the other distributor is only charging @S$11.xx.

One dollar diffference is still acceptable to me but a difference of ~S$6, which I can buy another magazine, is really too much. :angry:

Just to let you know and watch up for the price difference.

I already sent in my cheque for my subscription liao (@11.xx times 12 months)..

hello zipper, care to share where is the shop that u found is $11+? i m a regular Photgraphy Monthly reader too. :)

basically, s'pore mag price r all way tooo hhhiiiggghhh..... look at the exchange rate & u ask urself, for 3.4pounds why r they selling a mag for $16.95? almost 6x the exchange rate. the funny thing is u look at the 'what hi-fi' mag at 3.5pounds & they r selling it for $14.95.

we must also bear in mind that when the mag is selling in london at 3.4 pounds, the store is already making money & the mag co. is also making money. how much is the local co. making? i dun support such practice, ever since the price of the mag went up from $12 to $17, i totally stopped buying already. ridiculous pricing!! same for those US mags.

zipper said:
I used to buy Photography Monthly magazine @S$16.xx until I came to see another price @S$11.xx which really shocked me to see such a big difference.

I think the distributor who distributes the magazine at S$16.xx is really too much as the other distributor is only charging @S$11.xx.

One dollar diffference is still acceptable to me but a difference of ~S$6, which I can buy another magazine, is really too much. :angry:

Just to let you know and watch up for the price difference.

I already sent in my cheque for my subscription liao (@11.xx times 12 months)..

I was surprised too - I think we both know the same source ;)

nightpiper said:
hello zipper, care to share where is the shop that u found is $11+? i m a regular Photgraphy Monthly reader too. :)

basically, s'pore mag price r all way tooo hhhiiiggghhh..... look at the exchange rate & u ask urself, for 3.4pounds why r they selling a mag for $16.95? almost 6x the exchange rate. the funny thing is u look at the what hi-fi mag at 3.5pounds & they r selling it for $14.95.

we must also bear in mind that when the mag is selling in london at 3.4 pounds, the store is already making money & the mag co. is also making money. how much is the local co. making? i dun support such practice, once the price of the mag went up from $12 to $17, i totally stopped buying already. ridiculous pricing!! same for those US mags.

There isn't a shop but the distributor. The name starts with "all*', I don't have the tel no now. If you want I will check it tonight.

thx zipper. :) btw, does this distributor sell to individuals? i know most of them only send out to shops.

i did a calculation myself & found that if i subscribe to it & they post it to me every month, its still cheaper then getting it from shops after 12mths period. looks like consumer also need to think 'globalisation'. :bsmilie:

I always get my American Photo and Practical Photography from Basheer, both mag are selling at $4/$5 below newstand price. They import their own mags and books.

zipper said:
There isn't a shop but the distributor. The name starts with "all*', I don't have the tel no now. If you want I will check it tonight.

Please check for me too? Is it a local distributor or from oversea?

TQ!

Xing said:
I always get my American Photo and Practical Photography from Basheer, both mag are selling at $4/$5 below newstand price. They import their own mags and books.

Mind sharing where's basheer?

Bras Basah Complex, upstairs.

nightpiper said:
thx zipper. :) btw, does this distributor sell to individuals? i know most of them only send out to shops.

i did a calculation myself & found that if i subscribe to it & they post it to me every month, its still cheaper then getting it from shops after 12mths period. looks like consumer also need to think 'globalisation'. :bsmilie:

Yes. In fact, I called them up with the phone number on the magazine and they sent me the subscription form. The price is still S$11.xx per month and I was not charged with postage. ;p

Xing said:

Wah so cheap, are you talking Sin dollars?

And do they carry Photography Monthly?

Thanks zipper and Ady for the info. Can save quite a lot in the long run. :)

In fact, if Zipper you got the number, I gonna call them right away. :p

zipper said:
Wah so cheap, are you talking Sin dollars?

And do they carry Photography Monthly?

Forget what I said, for one moment I tot you were referring to S$11.xx for a moment... on 2nd tot, I think you could have referred to S$16.xx liao....

paiseh... :embrass:

bLight said:
Thanks zipper and Ady for the info. Can save quite a lot in the long run. :)

In fact, if Zipper you got the number, I gonna call them right away. :p

I will check tonight... in fact I have the full name of the company but not sure if it is okay to name it in public.... anyway, I will try to send it to your PM (i will see if I can do that, 1st timer)... you can then search for their number... hehe

Hi zipper,
I wish to subscribe Photography Monthly, do you have the weblink?
Riceball is selling at 16.xx, do you know of any place that is selling
@ a cheaper rate.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.