Magazine Price difference


Status
Not open for further replies.
May 27, 2003
308
0
16
Singapore
Visit site
#1
I used to buy Photography Monthly magazine @S$16.xx until I came to see another price @S$11.xx which really shocked me to see such a big difference.

I think the distributor who distributes the magazine at S$16.xx is really too much as the other distributor is only charging @S$11.xx.

One dollar diffference is still acceptable to me but a difference of ~S$6, which I can buy another magazine, is really too much. :angry:


Just to let you know and watch up for the price difference.

I already sent in my cheque for my subscription liao (@11.xx times 12 months)..
 

nightpiper

Senior Member
Oct 20, 2003
2,152
0
0
#3
hello zipper, care to share where is the shop that u found is $11+? i m a regular Photgraphy Monthly reader too. :)

basically, s'pore mag price r all way tooo hhhiiiggghhh..... look at the exchange rate & u ask urself, for 3.4pounds why r they selling a mag for $16.95? almost 6x the exchange rate. the funny thing is u look at the 'what hi-fi' mag at 3.5pounds & they r selling it for $14.95.

we must also bear in mind that when the mag is selling in london at 3.4 pounds, the store is already making money & the mag co. is also making money. how much is the local co. making? i dun support such practice, ever since the price of the mag went up from $12 to $17, i totally stopped buying already. ridiculous pricing!! same for those US mags.
 

bravocube

New Member
Jul 24, 2002
143
0
0
East
#4
zipper said:
I used to buy Photography Monthly magazine @S$16.xx until I came to see another price @S$11.xx which really shocked me to see such a big difference.

I think the distributor who distributes the magazine at S$16.xx is really too much as the other distributor is only charging @S$11.xx.

One dollar diffference is still acceptable to me but a difference of ~S$6, which I can buy another magazine, is really too much. :angry:


Just to let you know and watch up for the price difference.

I already sent in my cheque for my subscription liao (@11.xx times 12 months)..
I was surprised too - I think we both know the same source ;)
 

May 27, 2003
308
0
16
Singapore
Visit site
#5
nightpiper said:
hello zipper, care to share where is the shop that u found is $11+? i m a regular Photgraphy Monthly reader too. :)

basically, s'pore mag price r all way tooo hhhiiiggghhh..... look at the exchange rate & u ask urself, for 3.4pounds why r they selling a mag for $16.95? almost 6x the exchange rate. the funny thing is u look at the what hi-fi mag at 3.5pounds & they r selling it for $14.95.

we must also bear in mind that when the mag is selling in london at 3.4 pounds, the store is already making money & the mag co. is also making money. how much is the local co. making? i dun support such practice, once the price of the mag went up from $12 to $17, i totally stopped buying already. ridiculous pricing!! same for those US mags.

There isn't a shop but the distributor. The name starts with "all*', I don't have the tel no now. If you want I will check it tonight.
 

nightpiper

Senior Member
Oct 20, 2003
2,152
0
0
#6
thx zipper. :) btw, does this distributor sell to individuals? i know most of them only send out to shops.

i did a calculation myself & found that if i subscribe to it & they post it to me every month, its still cheaper then getting it from shops after 12mths period. looks like consumer also need to think 'globalisation'. :bsmilie:
 

Xing

Senior Member
Nov 4, 2004
1,048
0
36
Lower Seletar Reservoir
#7
I always get my American Photo and Practical Photography from Basheer, both mag are selling at $4/$5 below newstand price. They import their own mags and books.
 

bLight

New Member
Mar 28, 2004
493
0
0
Singapore
www.flickr.com
#8
zipper said:
There isn't a shop but the distributor. The name starts with "all*', I don't have the tel no now. If you want I will check it tonight.
Please check for me too? Is it a local distributor or from oversea?

TQ!
 

bLight

New Member
Mar 28, 2004
493
0
0
Singapore
www.flickr.com
#9
Xing said:
I always get my American Photo and Practical Photography from Basheer, both mag are selling at $4/$5 below newstand price. They import their own mags and books.
Mind sharing where's basheer?
 

ady

New Member
Nov 21, 2004
83
0
0
#10
Bras Basah Complex, upstairs.
 

May 27, 2003
308
0
16
Singapore
Visit site
#11
nightpiper said:
thx zipper. :) btw, does this distributor sell to individuals? i know most of them only send out to shops.

i did a calculation myself & found that if i subscribe to it & they post it to me every month, its still cheaper then getting it from shops after 12mths period. looks like consumer also need to think 'globalisation'. :bsmilie:

Yes. In fact, I called them up with the phone number on the magazine and they sent me the subscription form. The price is still S$11.xx per month and I was not charged with postage. ;p
 

May 27, 2003
308
0
16
Singapore
Visit site
#12
Xing said:
I always get my American Photo and Practical Photography from Basheer, both mag are selling at $4/$5 below newstand price. They import their own mags and books.

Wah so cheap, are you talking Sin dollars?

And do they carry Photography Monthly?
 

bLight

New Member
Mar 28, 2004
493
0
0
Singapore
www.flickr.com
#13
Thanks zipper and Ady for the info. Can save quite a lot in the long run. :)

In fact, if Zipper you got the number, I gonna call them right away. :p
 

May 27, 2003
308
0
16
Singapore
Visit site
#14
zipper said:
Wah so cheap, are you talking Sin dollars?

And do they carry Photography Monthly?

Forget what I said, for one moment I tot you were referring to S$11.xx for a moment... on 2nd tot, I think you could have referred to S$16.xx liao....


paiseh... :embrass:
 

May 27, 2003
308
0
16
Singapore
Visit site
#15
bLight said:
Thanks zipper and Ady for the info. Can save quite a lot in the long run. :)

In fact, if Zipper you got the number, I gonna call them right away. :p

I will check tonight... in fact I have the full name of the company but not sure if it is okay to name it in public.... anyway, I will try to send it to your PM (i will see if I can do that, 1st timer)... you can then search for their number... hehe
 

Hosea

New Member
Apr 20, 2004
4,972
1
0
Singapore
www.stanleykay.com
#16
Hi zipper,
I wish to subscribe Photography Monthly, do you have the weblink?
Riceball is selling at 16.xx, do you know of any place that is selling
@ a cheaper rate.
Thanks.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom