Made in China?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hongjone

Jan 6, 2006
Singapore
A friend had been asking me on whether my 50m f/1.8 is made in China, and I had no idea on how to tell leh. :dunno: It's not written anywhere on the lens or the box. Just wondering, if it's not written made in Japan (like my 24mm), does it mean that it's made in China? Thanks. :bsmilie:

Hmmph. I'll just let my friend knows lor, since he so interested. ;)
I didn't even think about it if no one asks. hehee.
Now it makes me curious. Hahaa. :bsmilie:

the 50mm f1.8 is made in china. it's stated on my lens. at least the newer ones are. but as long as nikon does it's QC well, i don't see this to be an issue. my 50mm has been working fine for the past 2 yrs. it's a solid well-built lens and the only difference i can see between one that is made in china and one that is made in japan is that you get the lens cheaper when it's made in china.

Thanks for the replies. :D

So,
written on lens = made in China [confirmed]
not written on lens = not made in China [not confirmed]

:bsmilie:

It is a known fact that those made in China will self-destruct after a period of time. There is a chip built into each MIC lens that tells it the exact time to blow up. The problem is noone knows when they are programmed to do so. So avoid all MIC lenses.

If you already own one, pack it up and send it to me for safe disposal.

Tetrode said:
It is a known fact that those made in China will self-destruct after a period of time. There is a chip built into each MIC lens that tells it the exact time to blow up. The problem is noone knows when they are programmed to do so. So avoid all MIC lenses.

wow :bigeyes: what about those made in thailand? ;p

eikin said:
wow :bigeyes: what about those made in thailand? ;p

They are afflicted likewise, so pack these up and send to me for safe disposal too.

MTL, DO IT NOW!

hongjone said:
A friend had been asking me on whether my 50m f/1.8 is made in China, and I had no idea on how to tell leh. :dunno: It's not written anywhere on the lens or the box. Just wondering, if it's not written made in Japan (like my 24mm), does it mean that it's made in China? Thanks. :bsmilie:
coming wed I go back repaint the Made in china to Made in Japan for you okie? :bsmilie:

alechim said:
coming wed I go back repaint the Made in china to Made in Japan for you okie? :bsmilie:

:think: but that doesn't solve the time-bomb problem in the lens :angel:

Tetrode said:

time bomb??wah that means you are living in hell lots of bomb in our house leh :bsmilie:

alechim said:
time bomb??wah that means you are living in hell lots of bomb in our house leh :bsmilie:

yah ... suffered casualty already, this time the ang pows are going to be blown up :bsmilie:

hahaha...mine is made in japan...erhm...so wat....does it mean i get better photos?

Witness said:
hahaha...mine is made in japan...erhm...so wat....does it mean i get better photos?

ya every photo u shoot will have the watermark " made in japan" :bsmilie:

alechim said:

Then you go back tell your neighbour opposite, that mine is made in Japan. Assembled by alechim. :bsmilie:

haha...

Maybe when I drop by your office next week, you can help me see or even help me repaint it. :bsmilie:

hongjone said:
Then you go back tell your neighbour opposite, that mine is made in Japan. Assembled by alechim. :bsmilie:

haha...

Maybe when I drop by your office next week, you can help me see or even help me repaint it. :bsmilie:
can can! I PS for you :bsmilie:!

If I remember correctly...
Nikon 50mm lens is made in China
Nikon digital camera (nonDSLR) is made in Indonesia
Nikon D70/D200 is made in Thailand
Others are still made in Japan

Astin said:
If I remember correctly...
Nikon 50mm lens is made in China
Nikon digital camera (nonDSLR) is made in Indonesia
Nikon D70/D200 is made in Thailand
Others are still made in Japan

my d50 and the 18-55mm lens are also both made in thailand...d50(written under the camera body) 18-55mm lens(written on the lens body)

As long as its not from c-country,any other country is ok with me

Status
Not open for further replies.