Made in China?


Status
Not open for further replies.

hongjone

Senior Member
Jan 6, 2006
1,275
0
36
Singapore
A friend had been asking me on whether my 50m f/1.8 is made in China, and I had no idea on how to tell leh. :dunno: It's not written anywhere on the lens or the box. Just wondering, if it's not written made in Japan (like my 24mm), does it mean that it's made in China? Thanks. :bsmilie:
 

hongjone

Senior Member
Jan 6, 2006
1,275
0
36
Singapore
Hmmph. I'll just let my friend knows lor, since he so interested. ;)
I didn't even think about it if no one asks. hehee.
Now it makes me curious. Hahaa. :bsmilie:
 

HansVision

New Member
Jul 24, 2004
39
0
0
33
Singapore
the 50mm f1.8 is made in china. it's stated on my lens. at least the newer ones are. but as long as nikon does it's QC well, i don't see this to be an issue. my 50mm has been working fine for the past 2 yrs. it's a solid well-built lens and the only difference i can see between one that is made in china and one that is made in japan is that you get the lens cheaper when it's made in china.
 

hongjone

Senior Member
Jan 6, 2006
1,275
0
36
Singapore
Thanks for the replies. :D

So,
written on lens = made in China [confirmed]
not written on lens = not made in China [not confirmed]

:bsmilie:
 

Tetrode

New Member
Dec 29, 2002
1,374
0
0
Visit site
It is a known fact that those made in China will self-destruct after a period of time. There is a chip built into each MIC lens that tells it the exact time to blow up. The problem is noone knows when they are programmed to do so. So avoid all MIC lenses.

If you already own one, pack it up and send it to me for safe disposal.
 

eikin

Senior Member
Apr 27, 2004
10,192
0
0
東京 Tokyo
Tetrode said:
It is a known fact that those made in China will self-destruct after a period of time. There is a chip built into each MIC lens that tells it the exact time to blow up. The problem is noone knows when they are programmed to do so. So avoid all MIC lenses.

If you already own one, pack it up and send it to me for safe disposal.
wow :bigeyes: what about those made in thailand? ;p
 

Tetrode

New Member
Dec 29, 2002
1,374
0
0
Visit site
eikin said:
wow :bigeyes: what about those made in thailand? ;p
They are afflicted likewise, so pack these up and send to me for safe disposal too.

MTL, DO IT NOW!
 

alechim

Senior Member
Aug 8, 2004
1,728
0
0
Redhill
hongjone said:
A friend had been asking me on whether my 50m f/1.8 is made in China, and I had no idea on how to tell leh. :dunno: It's not written anywhere on the lens or the box. Just wondering, if it's not written made in Japan (like my 24mm), does it mean that it's made in China? Thanks. :bsmilie:
coming wed I go back repaint the Made in china to Made in Japan for you okie? :bsmilie:
 

eikin

Senior Member
Apr 27, 2004
10,192
0
0
東京 Tokyo
alechim said:
coming wed I go back repaint the Made in china to Made in Japan for you okie? :bsmilie:
:think: but that doesn't solve the time-bomb problem in the lens :angel:

Tetrode said:
It is a known fact that those made in China will self-destruct after a period of time. There is a chip built into each MIC lens that tells it the exact time to blow up. The problem is noone knows when they are programmed to do so. So avoid all MIC lenses.

If you already own one, pack it up and send it to me for safe disposal.
 

alechim

Senior Member
Aug 8, 2004
1,728
0
0
Redhill
time bomb??wah that means you are living in hell lots of bomb in our house leh :bsmilie:
 

eikin

Senior Member
Apr 27, 2004
10,192
0
0
東京 Tokyo
alechim said:
time bomb??wah that means you are living in hell lots of bomb in our house leh :bsmilie:
yah ... suffered casualty already, this time the ang pows are going to be blown up :bsmilie:
 

Witness

Senior Member
Mar 18, 2004
6,942
0
36
36
www.maverickatwork.com
hahaha...mine is made in japan...erhm...so wat....does it mean i get better photos?
 

zhang3feng

New Member
Dec 27, 2005
1,321
0
0
SG
www.zhang3feng.com
Witness said:
hahaha...mine is made in japan...erhm...so wat....does it mean i get better photos?
ya every photo u shoot will have the watermark " made in japan" :bsmilie:
 

hongjone

Senior Member
Jan 6, 2006
1,275
0
36
Singapore
alechim said:
coming wed I go back repaint the Made in china to Made in Japan for you okie? :bsmilie:
Then you go back tell your neighbour opposite, that mine is made in Japan. Assembled by alechim. :bsmilie:

haha...

Maybe when I drop by your office next week, you can help me see or even help me repaint it. :bsmilie:
 

alechim

Senior Member
Aug 8, 2004
1,728
0
0
Redhill
hongjone said:
Then you go back tell your neighbour opposite, that mine is made in Japan. Assembled by alechim. :bsmilie:

haha...

Maybe when I drop by your office next week, you can help me see or even help me repaint it. :bsmilie:
can can! I PS for you :bsmilie:!
 

Astin

Senior Member
Mar 2, 2002
4,736
0
36
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
If I remember correctly...
Nikon 50mm lens is made in China
Nikon digital camera (nonDSLR) is made in Indonesia
Nikon D70/D200 is made in Thailand
Others are still made in Japan
 

kcuf2

Senior Member
Dec 29, 2005
1,783
2
38
KFC
Astin said:
If I remember correctly...
Nikon 50mm lens is made in China
Nikon digital camera (nonDSLR) is made in Indonesia
Nikon D70/D200 is made in Thailand
Others are still made in Japan
my d50 and the 18-55mm lens are also both made in thailand...d50(written under the camera body) 18-55mm lens(written on the lens body)

As long as its not from c-country,any other country is ok with me
 

Status
Not open for further replies.