"Mad About English"

Status
Not open for further replies.

faineant

Oct 2, 2008
Changi, Singapore
If you've never heard of this movie, go YouTube it. Extremely hilarious. You won't regret it. Trust me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBFEgMqhOs4

Should make one about Singapore too. Some of my top favourites in Singaporean English:

delegated service (dedicated service)
stuffs (stuff)

and for those NSmen out there who've prob heard it before:
tunnel (tonner)

Anyone else got anymore "Top Favourite Singaporean English Mistakes" please feel free to post them here. In fact some of the members here can learn a thing or two. :)

Last edited:
wasn't this movie out a long time ago a month before the beijing olympics? if I'm right it was a movie done by a singaporean director.... i was at the official launch and it was really, really good. Should go get the dvd... gramophone sells it

Anyone else got anymore "Top Favourite Singaporean English Mistakes" please feel free to post them here. In fact some of the members here can learn a thing or two. :)

I prefer just Singlish...... theres nothing like walking in some foreign countries.... and hearing lah, lor, meh being spoken. :bsmilie:

loved that show. :)

top favourite (actually not so favourite la) singaporean english mistakes:
ke-len-der (calender)

I saw something like that on Discovery channel if im not wrong. Pretty good documentary.

Yes Yes! On Tonight. Good stuff. And yeah I heard it was a Singaporean director.

"your english is very well"...... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.