"Mad About English"

Status
Not open for further replies.

faineant

Oct 2, 2008
Changi, Singapore
If you've never heard of this movie, go YouTube it. Extremely hilarious. You won't regret it. Trust me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBFEgMqhOs4

Should make one about Singapore too. Some of my top favourites in Singaporean English:

delegated service (dedicated service)
stuffs (stuff)

and for those NSmen out there who've prob heard it before:
tunnel (tonner)

Anyone else got anymore "Top Favourite Singaporean English Mistakes" please feel free to post them here. In fact some of the members here can learn a thing or two. :)

Last edited:

tainted

Feb 6, 2006
in Critterdom
wasn't this movie out a long time ago a month before the beijing olympics? if I'm right it was a movie done by a singaporean director.... i was at the official launch and it was really, really good. Should go get the dvd... gramophone sells it

diver-hloc

Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Somewhere North
Anyone else got anymore "Top Favourite Singaporean English Mistakes" please feel free to post them here. In fact some of the members here can learn a thing or two. :)

I prefer just Singlish...... theres nothing like walking in some foreign countries.... and hearing lah, lor, meh being spoken. :bsmilie:

Jun 20, 2008
loved that show. :)

top favourite (actually not so favourite la) singaporean english mistakes:
ke-len-der (calender)

Headshotzx

Dec 14, 2007
Punggol
I saw something like that on Discovery channel if im not wrong. Pretty good documentary.

faineant

Oct 2, 2008
Changi, Singapore
Yes Yes! On Tonight. Good stuff. And yeah I heard it was a Singaporean director.

"your english is very well"...... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom