Macworld 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
revealing of new form factors for iPods and iMacs? =P but i doubt it

There’s also the rumor of a 12-inch MacBook for students and professional photographers who don’t want to lug around a larger laptop with all of their heavy cameras and lenses. Rumors of a Mac Tablet PC won’t go away either, and with any luck, we’ll see both – perhaps a 12-inch MacBook that’s also a convertible Tablet! A new Mac Mini might also emerge.

There's also a rumour about a Mac PDA phone :dunno:

I'm not interested in the phone but more interested in maybe the full video ipod ;p (a pink or green one would be great :heart:

This year's keynote I heard is 2 1/2 hours long :bigeyes:

For my ou3xiang4, I will stay up late to watch the whole show :kiss:

There’s also the rumor of a 12-inch MacBook for students and professional photographers who don’t want to lug around a larger laptop with all of their heavy cameras and lenses. Rumors of a Mac Tablet PC won’t go away either, and with any luck, we’ll see both – perhaps a 12-inch MacBook that’s also a convertible Tablet! A new Mac Mini might also emerge.

ultra-portable would be really sweet :thumbsup:

i never get MBP or MB bcos they are heavy. I envy people with lightweight Sony or Fujitsu notebook :embrass:

i never get MBP or MB bcos they are heavy. I envy people with lightweight Sony or Fujitsu notebook :embrass:

comparing the durability and built of my macbook against my fujitsu lifebook.. i'll bring around my mac with me anyday ;)

most ppl are jus concern with lightweight, lightweight and lightweight... but the foremost concern of a laptop/notebook should be its built. The thick single hinge and the overall design of the mb is meant to be carried around often and withstand the wear and tear and abuse by the user. My 4yr old ibook is still in v. good condition after lugging ard so often and killing the battery.. as for my acer, fujitsu... don't think u wanna know if u are considering buying one :p

May be Mac book Mini 10", 18mm thick. 1.0kg. core 2 duo 3.0ghz. 2gb Ram?:cool: :lovegrin:

comparing the durability and built of my macbook against my fujitsu lifebook.. i'll bring around my mac with me anyday ;)

most ppl are jus concern with lightweight, lightweight and lightweight... but the foremost concern of a laptop/notebook should be its built. The thick single hinge and the overall design of the mb is meant to be carried around often and withstand the wear and tear and abuse by the user. My 4yr old ibook is still in v. good condition after lugging ard so often and killing the battery.. as for my acer, fujitsu... don't think u wanna know if u are considering buying one :p

I hope Apple can create a lightweight yet durable ultra-portable :thumbsup:

my guess would probably be a new mac mini, considering the ones available now are still running on core duo n apple does not seem to be upgrading them to core 2 duo chips. Perhaps a new design for the mbp since its design was jus lifted from the old pb? as for 10" mb... i think it would be to small to squeeze in the chips and allow sufficient ventilation.

Yeah, at the expense of not having ample USB ports, no DVI output, DVD/CD RW DL drives, FireWire ports, PCI 3/4 card slot, ethernet port, bluetooth and WI-FI. Have to carry a docking station or external DVD rom drives/floppy.

Oh yeah, no backlit keyboard too.

Can the Fujitsu and Sony boot up in HDD mode and use a FireWire cable to connect to another Mac/PC to be used as a portable HDD?

What you see is only one part of being light, being light means to strip off a lot of stuff to maintain the weight, but when you need those additional stuff, add up, you get the same weight.

Think before you feedback.

my guess would probably be a new mac mini, considering the ones available now are still running on core duo n apple does not seem to be upgrading them to core 2 duo chips. Perhaps a new design for the mbp since its design was jus lifted from the old pb? as for 10" mb... i think it would be to small to squeeze in the chips and allow sufficient ventilation.
The size of the logic board is actually very minimized and small already for the MBP, if possible, a 12" MBP should be good, but I'll have problems now passing up my 15" screen for a 12" just for the weight.

The size of the logic board is actually very minimized and small already for the MBP, if possible, a 12" MBP should be good, but I'll have problems now passing up my 15" screen for a 12" just for the weight.

agreed the size of the logi board is very minimized. but heat is an issue with small size, especially the components that are used in the mbp. the processor, graphics card (especially this) and all. also, apple or rather most manufacturers approach to go 16:9 for screens, perhaps, a 13.3" mbp similar to the mb would be a more logical approach

Status
Not open for further replies.