macros....

Status
Not open for further replies.

flaemer

May 7, 2004
hi all.... have been seeing very good macros in this part of the forum..... this is my first time doing some serious macros...... :) really hope to learn more from u guys and improve in time to come..... so pls comment.... :D pls bare with the pics if u think it isn't good..... i'm new..... :embrass:

moths_7.jpg

moths_5.jpg

06b24e1a.jpg

27847b39.jpg

Hi Gabriel.....#4 is nice. :thumbsup:
A refreshing idea to shoot from below the Dfly though a bit more USM might bring out the sharpness.

:cheers:

hi, interesting study of the insects, good work for first time... well, dunno whether im "qualified" to say this, but i have some opinions from personal experiences and also what i see...

first, i think good close-ups should be razor sharp, not easy to achieve cos aperture needs to be big enough for dof and yet shutter speed must be quick enough to freeze those little movements of the subject, provided there's ample lighting! blah blah. but that's how u get a good shot lah.

second, one thing i notice and often do is to get obssessed with the subject, with the zoom, with getting a razor sharp pic and neglect the 1.composition, 2.lighting and 3.framing. and when you take too long to consider, subjects such as the dragonfly may change position. that's why really good close-up shots aren't really easy. even if one gets a razor sharp close up, but composition is plain, then it ends at the "sharp" part, and becomes a sharp record shot, without much aesthetic value.

just some humble opinions and observations, hope one day i can achieve some nice close-up shots myself hehe, still trying. cheers!

:) thank you ziedrich and Lion King for ur comments..... will improve......

Don't look like first timer shots to me, nice stuff.

I particularly like the compositions and clean backgrounds, but try not to crop so close for every shot. Must let the subjects have breathing space, in an attempt to show them in their natural background.

Pics look slightly noisy. Heavily cropped or high ISO?

what is ur equipment lineup for all these pics..I'm new in macro :) wish to know more. Thks if u can show me some pointers.

mr_jason said:
Don't look like first timer shots to me, nice stuff.

I particularly like the compositions and clean <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=backgrounds&v=56">backgrounds</a>, but try not to crop so close for every shot. Must let the subjects have breathing space, in an attempt to show them in their natural background.

Pics look slightly noisy. Heavily cropped or high ISO?

ya... the pics are a little noisy..... not due to heavy crop or high ISO..... i think its due to my PS.... i think adjusted to much..... dun really noe how to use PS yet... am still learning....... :embrass:

rainman said:
what is ur equipment lineup for all these pics..I'm new in macro :) wish to know more. Thks if u can show me some pointers.
actually..... i am just using a normal 300D kit with 420ex.... no pointers for u.... :( i am still very new la..... very little experience in MACRO.... :)

Madcat II said:
those are great macros Flaemer... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: even the wife says so... nice composition for #2 & #4... great job, keep the macro coming... ;)

thanx for ur good comments...... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.