Macros in Tao Payoh Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

longko

Sep 7, 2006
Balestier
These are taken by my gf using her K100D + Vivitar 105mm (Kiron), I did the PP for her. Looks like the Tamron 90mm Di will be hers since she's constantly complaining how heavy the Vivitar is:bsmilie: It's a wonder how ladies can complain a DSLR is heavy when they can carry a baby almost the whole day:think:

IMGP0033copy.jpg

IMGP0029copy.jpg

IMGP0045copy.jpg

super nice macro skills and super nice bro!!!

super nice macro skills and super nice bro!!!

Thanks bro. Somehow I see my own macros whenever I look at the ones she take. The only difference is my gf don't use 1:1 macro, she rather to have more space to crop in PP, whereas I prefer 1:1 or more as far as possible:bsmilie:

If I'm not wrong, that's an Albatross in the last picture. She shot that crazy butterfly with a 105mm macro lens? 0.o

Tell her I kowtow, need tricks on how to sneak up on it. In any case, most of the white butterflies in Singapore are crazily active, can barely get them with the 70-300 lens I bummed from you.. 105mm? No hope! :bsmilie:

Very nice! Like the last 3 in the second post most, probably because I don't like flower shots/spiders more than for any other reason. +)

Thanks bro. We are lucky to find one in the bushes, the time was 5.30-6+pm so they are less active. Here are my shots.;)

IMGP0020copy.jpg

IMGP0025copy.jpg

IMGP0035copy.jpg

:bsmilie: Thanks bro. Here's a butterfly fallen prey to a spider. I was really surprise when I saw the spider. The color is the same as the flower:bigeyes:

IMGP0048copy.jpg

IMGP0049copy.jpg

Here's the praying mantis head shot. Since K100D can't do wireless mode, it was really underexpose due to the leaves covering it. Also since it's so small, I have to crop away a lot

IMGP0039copy.jpg

OMG... Gotta show me how you guys do these macro....
I can't imagine getting that close to the insect....
Something about them having more than 4 legs....
Just too unnatural for me... Brrr.....

OMG... Gotta show me how you guys do these macro....
I can't imagine getting that close to the insect....
Something about them having more than 4 legs....
Just too unnatural for me... Brrr.....

I'm willing to give a crash course on my limited macro knowledge. That's if you are willing to come Tao Payoh or SBG;) 12-2.30 pm would be good for weekdays. Weekend can arrange also:D I prefer insects macro because they have more details, if you like plants, we can do that too:)

I'm willing to give a crash course on my limited macro knowledge. That's if you are willing to come Tao Payoh or SBG;) 12-2.30 pm would be good for weekdays. Weekend can arrange also:D I prefer insects macro because they have more details, if you like plants, we can do that too:)

Maybe we can arrange that as the next Pentax outing?
Probably will want to start with flowers first.... :bsmilie:
BTW, we've got one more converted...
Sold my DL... Had a nice long chat with him too... :D

really!?
tt'll be really cool..
*hands stretch high*
*me want.. me want*

weekdays will be fine.. however, i don't have any macro lens..
:sweat:
will tt be still fine to learn a couple of skills from ya?

btw.. wat's SBG?

:bsmilie: Thanks bro. Here's a butterfly fallen prey to a spider. I was really surprise when I saw the spider. The color is the same as the flower:bigeyes:

Longko, great shots, both you and GF.:thumbsup:

otc

Maybe we can arrange that as the next Pentax outing?
Probably will want to start with flowers first....

Sure.:) I'll try goto the next outing.

will tt be still fine to learn a couple of skills from ya?

Sure. I'll share what I know. You can use my or my gf macro during the sharing. Just let me know when will be good for you.

Longko, great shots, both you and GF.:thumbsup:

Thanks bro, we should arrange to go shot some macros with the Vivitar 105mm together:bsmilie:

Sure. I'll share what I know. You can use my or my gf macro during the sharing. Just let me know when will be good for you.

Thanks bro, we should arrange to go shot some macros with the Vivitar 105mm together:bsmilie:

hi.. i was thinking.. how about.. tmr.. ;p
and the time.. i don't know.. you know better right?

coz i might be going in for a surgery on weds or thurs.. so have to be before that..
-smiles-

hi.. i was thinking.. how about.. tmr.. ;p
and the time.. i don't know.. you know better right?

coz i might be going in for a surgery on weds or thurs.. so have to be before that..
-smiles-

Tomorrow 12-2.30pm I'll be free, else it'll be after 5pm. Tao Payoh MRT good for you? or do you prefer elsewhere? Better I cater to your venue since you going surgery. But you sure you are suitable to be in outdoor hor?

Tomorrow 12-2.30pm I'll be free, else it'll be after 5pm. Tao Payoh MRT good for you? or do you prefer elsewhere? Better I cater to your venue since you going surgery. But you sure you are suitable to be in outdoor hor?

-smiles-
yes... my surgery's for my eyes.. so not much of a prob..
okies.. i'll see ya tmr at around tt time..

will meet ya at toa payoh mrt station control at 12 then.. :)

hmm... how do i know which person is.. "longko":confused:

btw.. i'll pm u my hp number.. :thumbsup:

-smiles-
yes... my surgery's for my eyes.. so not much of a prob..
okies.. i'll see ya tmr at around tt time..

will meet ya at toa payoh mrt station control at 12 then.. :)

hmm... how do i know which person is.. "longko":confused:

btw.. i'll pm u my hp number.. :thumbsup:

PM you my name & mobile liao. Look for the guy with Sony Alpha (Black/Orange) backpack tomorrow. Anyone else want to join us?:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.