Macro Users... Mosquitoes Questions...

hi macro shooters... besides insect repellents... what other tricks you guys use to ward off those blood suckers??..

thansk

Use SAF kind, most effective. small and easy to carry.

Wear jeans and long sleeve but very hot.

Nothing can help if it is the commando type (army language). With army insect repellent, OFF insect repellent applied and burn the insect repellent coil. On top of that, with the No. 3 uniform. The mosquito still can sting through on my back. That is my experience during my army days.

Nothing can help if it is the commando type (army language). With army insect repellent, OFF insect repellent applied and burn the insect repellent coil. On top of that, with the No. 3 uniform. The mosquito still can sting through on my back. That is my experience during my army days.

no.3??

MOB 4~ 100% normal mozzie can't bite thru, some cdos maybe still can. haa.

this is getting funny! off track already!

I don't like the saf repellant coz sometimes it can turn some plastic or rubber sticky.

I have tried most available portable solution from electronic devices to spray to scent bags and stick-on's. The best is still "axe brand Feng you" and a healthy dose of mosquito coil. Cheap and good. Other medicated oil work, but some are overall smelly or hot.

hi macro shooters... besides insect repellents... what other tricks you guys use to ward off those blood suckers??..

thansk

商漂油 :thumbsup:

actually thinking of those soccer players wear... long sleeve.. but think mospuitoes can still poke through.. lol.....

Norm, i wear jeans and dri fit sleeveless with wind breaker, came out of a macro session without any bite :)

Norm, i wear jeans and dri fit sleeveless with wind breaker, came out of a macro session without any bite :)

how many kilos do u normally lose through sweat per shooting session? :cool:

Jeans is mainly an essential if you want to prevent bites on the legs. I wear dry fit tees as well and uses handsaplast brand insect repellent. Usually, no bites or a few if those are the commando mozzies. Instead of mozzies, do watch where you are shooting first as you'll have alot more problems with weaver ants than mozzie as they seem to be immune to every repellents :sweatsm:.

long pants and long sleeve shirts.

And insect repellant may be or may not be a good thing as you are getting close to insects. It may just repel them too.... esp if you use the high deet content type.

long pants and long sleeve shirts.

And insect repellant may be or may not be a good thing as you are getting close to insects. It may just repel them too.... esp if you use the high deet content type.
Yups, when I was actively shooting nature macros, I don't apply anything, I usually come out with >20 bites all over hands, legs and neck.

Especially if a rare species of certain types is in season and I only have that few hours during weekends to shoot it before I'll miss the whole season.

The bites looks really disgusting and uncomfortable but I guess comfort is secondary if I want to get a good shot.
Mosquito coils also drive away a lot of insects, it's an instinct to run away from smoke which usually means presence of fire in the natural world.

I don't apply any repellent. I don't get much problem with mosquito, maybe my blood sucks.

I don't apply any repellent. I don't get much problem with mosquito, maybe my blood sucks.

you mean your blood sucks in the mosquos inside you? :bsmilie:

just kidding...

LOL ! ...my recommendation will certainly rid you of mossie (even the Cmdr trained one) but unfortunately may not be good for your health !!! (ie: disclaimer)

Tobacco Smoke !!! ...see ! mossie also dun want to suck blood that might give them lung cancer !!!

Besides Mossie, it will also chase away your GF (Unless she smokes too) and all your non-smoking friends !!! :bsmilie:

...I wonder if it is just as effective rubbing the tobacco on your body parts. :think:

Ask some friends to go along, those that easily got mosquito bites. I normally didn't get bitten when shooting in groups (some one else already donated the blood) :D

Use light coloured long sleeve and pants.

Dark blue, green and black are no, no.

haha i think SAF repellent is still the best so far

Mmm... I don't apply anything, wear sleeveless and berms, and I don't get bitten, even when I'm alone.

Perhaps it's my hairy limbs... perhaps it's my love for insects. Either way, my experience is that those who apply insect repellant get bitten anyway, compared to me who don't apply anything, and we're all walking together. I wonder if those OFF repellants are like, placebo effect... Ha!