macro test shots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo, noticed the softness around the subjects.

I'm guessing your using some CU filters.
To lessen the softness, try using the smallest aperture, F8, and bounce your external flash.

For the grains shot.. nice concept :thumbsup:
Instead of max zoom and working from 20+cm, might want to try working from 5-6cm, and using only 1-3x zoom, or no zoom at all. The results are alot sharper and showing more details from the grain textures. ;) Oh, yar.. can cheat by cropping away the soft areas too.. hehehe..

i like the sugar. :)

thanks for the advise. it is taken at aperture F8, and bounced external flash. i was experimenting with the setups last night...
some of the pics i used olympus tcon17 plus hoya +4 close filter. my hands are not steady enuff for a clear crisp shot. (didnt upload pics)

some are two +4 filters stacked on top of one another

all taken with ext flash with home made bouce card

incubus said:
thanks for the advise. it is taken at aperture F8, and bounced external flash. i was experimenting with the setups last night...
some of the pics i used olympus tcon17 plus hoya +4 close filter. my hands are not steady enuff for a clear crisp shot. (didnt upload pics)

some are two +4 filters stacked on top of one another

all taken with ext flash with home made bouce card

I see... no wonder bro, I tried the TCON+CU b4 too... but noticed that the TCON glass quality not good.

Stacking 2 CU will give super soft focus outside of hte centre part.

So far from pics taken by ChuanYe, seems the sharpest/cleanest.
He is using a Nikon 6T+Sigma CU with flash+15cm bounce card.

Happy trying out! :thumbsup:

6T is double element glass... relatively better in quality, the price oso... I think i go CP later to get a hoya +4... Don't want to invest too much...

6T only comes in 62mm... 5T is oso 62mm...
I think the smaller ones ar 3T and 4T... but i don't know their thread size...

3T and 4T are 52mm.

5T and 6T are 62mm

3T and 5T are +1.5

4T and 6T are +2.9

All of the above are double element filters...

yoo, just got my 6T and tested it out that day at the Changi Broadwalk.

Here's the # 1

P1060899.jpg

and here's the close-up #2

P1060905.jpg

P1060911.jpg

The 6T quality is really superb. :thumbsup:

very nice. thanks for sharing, how much ur 6T?

Hong Jia said:
3T and 4T are 52mm.

5T and 6T are 62mm

3T and 5T are +1.5

4T and 6T are +2.9

All of the above are double element filters...

thanks for the info.... anyone has a Fz setup with a 6t do keep the sample pics coming. on diff variety of subjects would be nice
heheh

I got my 6T just now... ate satay just now oso... i think i makan 20 of them... and 3 ketupa... now too full to take pictures... later maybe...

Cheers...

Hi guys...

This is my poor first attempt to shoot the Dark Side lencap with a Dark Side 6T filter on. Got no external flash now... so have to fire the internal flash, pretty harsh.

I got around 30cm of working distance, manual focus and no tripod. I think the shot is quite lousily done, but just show for fun. I did crop off the top and bottom and a bit of the sides, the sides are out of focus... Look at the fringing due to the harshness of the internal flash.

normal_P1010858%20Edited.jpg

The full resolution picture can be found in the link below

http://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/11264/P1010858 Edited.jpg

u did a 12X zoom all the way with 6T?

sunkist said:
u did a 12X zoom all the way with 6T?

Erm i forgot... but the focal length was 58mm... any one wans to do a conversion for the digital to analogue and hence determine the zoom...

I don't thing i zoom all the way... heee... cos i wan to get the nikon in the whole picture bah...

Hong Jia said:
Erm i forgot... but the focal length was 58mm... any one wans to do a conversion for the digital to analogue and hence determine the zoom...

I don't thing i zoom all the way... heee... cos i wan to get the nikon in the whole picture bah...

abt 10X.............

Wah... Somebody got 6T already ah? ;) I'm just waiting for my phayee adapter. Once it's in I'll be joining you soon enough. Small is beautiful... ;p
Are you gonna get anymore CU filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.