macro shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

chjing

Sep 11, 2006
hi, just want to check out with macro experts here one thing.
generally, what is the slowest shutter speeds that you will use for macro shots?
Thanks..

Dec 7, 2006
west side!
largely depends on ur subject matter and the lighting conditions.
maybe u can state those down?
aperture would be more of a factor and not the shutter speed.

megaweb

Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
East
megaweb.clubsnap.org
If there is no wind and object is very still, you can shoot as slow as possible. Remember to use tripod and shutter release cable.

chjing

Sep 11, 2006
i mean if you have tried macro shots before you will understand that slight movement will cos
1. hand shake blur
2. wrong focus point.

what i am refering to is 1.
i know hand shake blur depends on individuals but in general the rule is like 1/focal length. but that doesnt apply in macro photography! thats why i am now asking from experts some advice that they can give me in regards to taking clear and sharp macro shots without hand shake blur. i think i have make myself very clear.

megaweb

Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
East
megaweb.clubsnap.org
i mean if you have tried macro shots before you will understand that slight movement will cos
1. hand shake blur
2. wrong focus point.

what i am refering to is 1.
i know hand shake blur depends on individuals but in general the rule is like 1/focal length. but that doesnt apply in macro photography! thats why i am now asking from experts some advice that they can give me in regards to taking clear and sharp macro shots without hand shake blur. i think i have make myself very clear.
No rule but you can test it yourself at home. Try different shutter speed to see your own capability to achieve sharp quality. As for me, handheld with elbow on my knee support, I need 1/125sec for my 100mm for macro shots. Wrong focus point ? Try manual focus and move your setup to focus the object.

chjing

Sep 11, 2006
thanks megaweb.

sorry to all. i din make myself clear. what i am refering was .......no tripod nor flash....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom