Macro shots


Status
Not open for further replies.
May 10, 2006
291
0
0
#1
Hi guys..

been amazed by the pictures of insects and flowers in the macro galleries..
Currently using a 350D and a 70-300 sigma DG micro..

Any guys ard here using this set up to shoot before?
Or what is the best affordable lens that can have such beautiful macro shots?
say..budget about $500?

thanks! newbie here....
 

cerebrus

New Member
Mar 18, 2006
1,943
0
0
Sembawang Road, Singapore
#2
cannonball said:
Hi guys..

been amazed by the pictures of insects and flowers in the macro galleries..
Currently using a 350D and a 70-300 sigma DG micro..

Any guys ard here using this set up to shoot before?
Or what is the best affordable lens that can have such beautiful macro shots?
say..budget about $500?

thanks! newbie here....
You should ask this in the macro forum. Me just a lowly P&S user, cannot really help you. My macro lens cost me $100. :)
 

ortega

Moderator
Staff member
Nov 2, 2004
23,694
10
38
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
#3
cannonball said:
Hi guys..

been amazed by the pictures of insects and flowers in the macro galleries..
Currently using a 350D and a 70-300 sigma DG micro..

Any guys ard here using this set up to shoot before?
Or what is the best affordable lens that can have such beautiful macro shots?
say..budget about $500?

thanks! newbie here....
try this

http://forum.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=199684

exactly your budget
 

tltan

Senior Member
Apr 18, 2005
2,484
0
0
www.flickr.com
#4
definitely a good lens
Tamron 90mm. The price is good too. Go for it!
 

May 10, 2006
291
0
0
#7
Hi cerebrus..

hmmz..tot its more appropriate to post here..since thats the gallery forum...
think...photos are more appreciated than questions in there..
haha..i am also a P&S guy now..hoping to achieve more in the future..

hi ortega..

how come u are selling your tamron?
the pictures that u have taken are beautiful!!


Didnt know there is such a variety of insects around the neighbourhood till i surf the macro gallery..
totally impressed...:thumbsup:
 

tltan

Senior Member
Apr 18, 2005
2,484
0
0
www.flickr.com
#8
cannonball said:
hi ortega..

how come u are selling your tamron?
the pictures that u have taken are beautiful!!
hes selling for a friend. He uses the Nikkor 105mm. but check out the pictures on his first attempt using the 90mm. cool

Regards,
tltan
 

May 10, 2006
291
0
0
#9
Yah...
seen the pictures that he has taken..
very impressed!! :bigeyes:
 

tltan

Senior Member
Apr 18, 2005
2,484
0
0
www.flickr.com
#10
then get his 90mm loh. =)
he already gave examples on the lens. cant be wrong. =)

OT: Ortega, got commission boh, help you promote.

Cannonball, just joking lah.
 

May 10, 2006
291
0
0
#12
tltan said:
then get his 90mm loh. =)
he already gave examples on the lens. cant be wrong. =)

OT: Ortega, got commission boh, help you promote.

Cannonball, just joking lah.
haha..but bro..
i am using Canon leh..
2 lens on my wish list now..and think need to take up part time jobs to buy liao
canon 10-22mm and now...tamron 90mm. :think:
 

tltan

Senior Member
Apr 18, 2005
2,484
0
0
www.flickr.com
#13
cannonball said:
haha..but bro..
i am using Canon leh..
2 lens on my wish list now..and think need to take up part time jobs to buy liao
canon 10-22mm and now...tamron 90mm. :think:
oic.

Check out another user, Melvynyeo's gallery. He also uses tamron 90.
Work Work Work then Buy Buy Buy. No end man! :bsmilie:

Regards,
tltan
 

May 10, 2006
291
0
0
#14
just checked out some of melvyn's photos..
breathtaking!!

just a 90mm tamron, need additional macro filter etc?

the mosquitoe on skin shot was :thumbsup:
 

May 10, 2006
291
0
0
#15
and yourself using the 90mm tamron too right?
saw your gallery..
great work.....damn posioning...
must stop looking at galleries.. :sweat:
 

tltan

Senior Member
Apr 18, 2005
2,484
0
0
www.flickr.com
#16
no need. But for high magnification macro, think you are better off using reverse 50mm technique.
 

cerebrus

New Member
Mar 18, 2006
1,943
0
0
Sembawang Road, Singapore
#17
cannonball said:
Hi cerebrus..

hmmz..tot its more appropriate to post here..since thats the gallery forum...
think...photos are more appreciated than questions in there..
haha..i am also a P&S guy now..hoping to achieve more in the future..
Macro people are quite nice, will not skin you and make soup out of your bones.

cannonball said:
Didnt know there is such a variety of insects around the neighbourhood till i surf the macro gallery..
totally impressed...:thumbsup:
Yeah, also you get strange looks from people when you start looking under bushes with your camera! :bsmilie:

Go Buy Buy Buy! Hahaha
 

tltan

Senior Member
Apr 18, 2005
2,484
0
0
www.flickr.com
#20
Didnt realise u have the 70-300 apo dg. thats quite a good lens for macro already
giving u macro capabilities at 200-300 range. One of the lens i wanted to get..
although not 1:1 it doesnt matter as long as its sharp and you are happy. use a tripod as that focal length should require it. hehe.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom