Macro shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeGaBiTeS

Jun 26, 2004
I'm new to this thing and I would like to start with taking macro shots. Currently using A85.

MeGaBiTeS said:
I'm new to this thing and I would like to start with taking macro shots. Currently using A85.

anyone??

perhaps u may wanna get a macro teleconverter or lens ??? and if u want u can also attach a 50mm prime in reverse to this macro tc.....

cheers...

yoz gerald, Any good prime lens tt is cheap that can intro?
Btw i think the F-stop is also quite important right? my dad's slr lens can
only open until 3.5 only so it is still relatively small and alot of vignetting.

juz get a 50mm prime lo..at most is 180 new.....with reverse rings and all for macro prob ard 200+ ... i would prefer the nikon mount one...coz it has an aperture ring, which allows u to control the DOF....and wateva else the aperture can do....

Witness said:
perhaps u may wanna get a macro teleconverter or lens ??? and if u want u can also attach a 50mm prime in reverse to this macro tc.....

cheers...
This lense a must?

haha....in photography ... there are no musts.... when i first started off i used wat i had.... and things still turned out pretty well.... work withing ya means ya....

for ya compact dc.....a macro converter lens will be useful.....the 50mm is additional....i wun really say its a must...

cheers...

Witness said:
haha....in photography ... there are no musts.... when i first started off i used wat i had.... and things still turned out pretty well.... work withing ya means ya....

for ya compact dc.....a macro converter lens will be useful.....the 50mm is additional....i wun really say its a must...

cheers...
hmm... okok..btw, if i dun wanna get e lense for temp, how do I tke macro shots? Need to change the telephoto/wide angle thing? Or on, change to macro mode, put it near the object and shoot?

get a filter extension tube, buy some close up filters and swtich to macro mode. Shoot away! total cost would be less than $40.

dun worry about having perfect equipment! shoot with what you have! and enjoying shooting!

Anyone has any recommended setup for macro photography using canon A75/A85/A95 ???

I know that megaweb has got a really good setup, but i think that it's too costly for me to imitate his.

Any good alternatives?what accessories exactly do i need to get?

Thanks!

Basic piece of equipmemt you need is a lens adapter to allow you to attach the close up lens or filter. You can either get the default plastic canon lens adapter or the aluminium lensmate adapters from US :)

BTW I have a 52mm +4 Hoya Close up Filter I'm not using, anyone interested can pm me

zedwerkz said:
Basic piece of equipmemt you need is a lens adapter to allow you to attach the close up lens or filter. You can either get the default plastic canon lens adapter or the aluminium lensmate adapters from US :)

BTW I have a 52mm +4 Hoya Close up Filter I'm not using, anyone interested can pm me
Canon A series dosen't have?

Huh? canon A series have.... la. i have a 52mm one and a 37mm one. But i don really like both of them coz they got their flaws when using them but when it comes to shooting, a 52mm will block ur internal flash.
I don't like the adapters but i like them when the lens is mounted on haha.

Climber said:
Huh? canon A series have.... la. i have a 52mm one and a 37mm one. But i don really like both of them coz they got their flaws when using them but when it comes to shooting, a 52mm will block ur internal flash.
I don't like the adapters but i like them when the lens is mounted on haha.
hahaha.. ok.. Anyway, don't think I'll be getting lense so soon. Just wanna start by shooting photographs...

Status
Not open for further replies.